PDA

View Full Version : Lake Worth 27- Glen Rose 21 OT

fridaynite4ever
10-19-2001, 11:34 PM
Mathias ran all over Lake Worth's Defense, this kid is the District's best by far.

vfunk
10-19-2001, 11:40 PM
congrats to both teams...lake worth for a hard fought win...glen rose for finally scorin some points on these guys. ive learned not to overlook Lake Worth. We made that mistake my senior year...we also made a first round exit from the playoffs!!! watch out for these bullfrogs...they just may surprise you...although...to us forney people...i dont know how much of a surprise it would be!!! by the way...what happened to that awesome quarterback yall had in 2000? that guy was huge, ran and passed well...in my own personal opinion, the Tye Gunn of Lake Worth

GARHEIM
10-20-2001, 08:19 AM
Crazy game! Glen Rose played us off our feet most of the night. LW looked flat everywhere. We were scared going down, knowing our kids had the week of their life against Aledo. All week, the kids were flat. Mathias is the best running back in the district, by far.

The quarterback you mentioned was Jeff Mathis. He got a ride at SE Okla. St., went to school a couple of weeks and dropped out. He was one tough, tough football player. Our kids are hoping to see Forney one more time in the playoffs but that's still too far down the road.

gunner
11-02-2001, 10:45 PM
A little fyi for you hs football nuts...Jeff Mathis, the tough qb LW had for a couple of years is Mark Patino's brother in law....a pretty tough running back for a couple of years to come.