PDA

View Full Version : Post 3/18 softball scores here

Bobcatfan4life
03-18-2005, 05:12 PM
Post any 3A softball scores from tonight.

Bobcatfan4life
03-18-2005, 10:33 PM
In 24-3A tonight Bridge City beat Orangefield 9-1.

GUT
03-18-2005, 10:41 PM
Rice Lady Raiders 1-0 over Navasota . scored in the bottom of the 7th to win it. Way to Go Girls!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old Cardinal
03-18-2005, 10:46 PM
BobCat 4 life--Did you see that strong home run by BCs firstbasemen Eleana Clinton!.... Angelia Ledford made several spectacular catches in centerfield and also led the Bobcats with two hits.
Meagan Godwin got 16 strikeouts tonight, WOW. I look for BC, OF and WO-S to represent the District in the playoffs.

Bobcatfan4life
03-18-2005, 10:52 PM
That was a heck of a homerun. We couldn't even come close to hitting Godwin tonight. Congrats on the win and good luck the rest of the way.(except for that one game in OF in a few weeks :) )

gobbler84
03-18-2005, 11:09 PM
Cuero 1
halletsville 2

gobbler grad
03-18-2005, 11:27 PM
Originally posted by gobbler84
Cuero 1
halletsville 2

sounds like a good game

Ranger05
03-19-2005, 12:52 AM
Greenwood beat Ft. Stockton 5-4 the lady prowlers made a nice lil comeback in the 7 inning

PhiI C
03-19-2005, 09:50 AM
It isn't 3A but last night Calallen beat previously undefeated Tuloso-Midway 2 - 1in 4A. This puts four 31 4A teams tied for first with 4 - 1 records. I think Gregory-Portland and Robstown are the other two. Recent District Champion Kingsville is at 2-3. Kingsville had won the last four years but had big graduation losses last year with several of the players getting scholarships - one at Texas A&M - Kingsville (Catcher Laura Canales). You Go Laura!!

18handicap
03-19-2005, 10:07 AM
25-AAA
Sweeny (12-10-1, 1-0) 12, Stafford (4-9, 0-1) 0
Needville (11-4, 1-0) 1, Columbia (13-2, 0-1) 0
Wharton (6-8, 1-0) 6, Palacios (6-5, 0-1) 1

20-AAA
Bellville 4, Columbus 1
Sealy 15, Hempstead 0

26-AAA
Yoakum 3, Edna 1

23-AAA
Splendora 9, Huffman 3
Barbers Hill 22, Cleveland 2

Region I
Snyder 5, Wylie 1
Merkel 7, Sweetwater 3

KEEP ME POSTED ON 3A SOFTBALL SCORES!!! I WILL POST THEM TO MY WEBSITE

my e-mail: bghicks@earthlink.net or bhicks@mail.sweeny.isd.esc4.net

webpage: www.sweenysoftball.org

pirate4state
03-19-2005, 10:19 AM
In a non-district game... Sinton 6 Bishop 4

I wasn't at this game, but it went into extra innings. Phil, where you there?

PhiI C
03-19-2005, 10:32 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state
In a non-district game... Sinton 6 Bishop 4

I wasn't at this game, but it went into extra innings. Phil, where you there?

Yes I was! A good game indeed. Coach V was using different players at different positions the first 5 1/2 innings and letting Jackie get experience at pitcher. She did a great job even though Bishop scored 3 runs on her. Then Coach V put in the regulars. After 5 it was 4 to 4 tie. Bishop had some good hitters. In the last two regular innings both teams had folks on base but couldn't bring them in. Bishop had bases loaded with one out but smart defensive play by the Lady Pirates to get outs at home plate retired the sides. Basically in the extra innings the Lady Pirates took control. Even though Bishop got some hits the Lady Pirates kept them from scoing the rest of the game. Sinton was outplaying them by getting players in scoring position and a questionalbe call by the umpire on a Bishop catch got the Badgers off the hook. In the ninth inning Sinton scored two runs and got the two outs to win. A great game and win. It was a good experience for both teams in playoffs.

Also in District 30AAA district games I read where Aransas Pass beat Mathis 14 - 3.

Unfortunately the paper didn't have the important Ingleside vs Goliad score. Can you or Big Daddy help us out Pirate44?

PhiI C
03-19-2005, 11:27 AM
In 31AAA it was Orange Grove 17 West Oso 2

I still haven't been able to get the Ingleside vs Goliad score from last night which is an important game in 30AAA. Can anyone help?

Rainman
03-19-2005, 11:59 AM
Great website!! 18handicap
Softball fans should pay it a visit.
www.sweenysoftball.org

AP Panther Fan
03-19-2005, 03:04 PM
Originally posted by PhiI C
Yes I was! A good game indeed. Coach V was using different players at different positions the first 5 1/2 innings and letting Jackie get experience at pitcher. She did a great job even though Bishop scored 3 runs on her. Then Coach V put in the regulars. After 5 it was 4 to 4 tie. Bishop had some good hitters. In the last two regular innings both teams had folks on base but couldn't bring them in. Bishop had bases loaded with one out but smart defensive play by the Lady Pirates to get outs at home plate retired the sides. Basically in the extra innings the Lady Pirates took control. Even though Bishop got some hits the Lady Pirates kept them from scoing the rest of the game. Sinton was outplaying them by getting players in scoring position and a questionalbe call by the umpire on a Bishop catch got the Badgers off the hook. In the ninth inning Sinton scored two runs and got the two outs to win. A great game and win. It was a good experience for both teams in playoffs.

Also in District 30AAA district games I read where Aransas Pass beat Mathis 14 - 3.

Unfortunately the paper didn't have the important Ingleside vs Goliad score. Can you or Big Daddy help us out Pirate44?

Congrats on the win and thanks for the AP score since I didn't attend....did you ever get the Ingleside/Goliad score?:thinking:

PhiI C
03-19-2005, 03:07 PM
Originally posted by AP Panther Fan
Congrats on the win and thanks for the AP score since I didn't attend....did you ever get the Ingleside/Goliad score?:thinking:

I haven't found it yet AP. Maybe someone will post it soon. Not easy to get scores since paper and tv don't post them all. I even had called in the score last week between Sinton and Ingleside to channel 6 and they didn't reveal it so what can you do? :(

AP Panther Fan
03-19-2005, 03:10 PM
Originally posted by PhiI C
I haven't found it yet AP. Maybe someone will post it soon. Not easy to get scores since paper and tv don't post them all. I even had called in the score last week between Sinton and Ingleside to channel 6 and they didn't reveal it so what can you do? :(

Not alot you can do...I know a young lady that plays on Ingleside JV, I will make a call and if I get any news, I will post it here.:D

PhiI C
03-19-2005, 03:11 PM
Not alot you can do...I know a young lady that plays on Ingleside JV, I will make a call and if I get any news, I will post it here.:D

Thank you AP! :)

AP Panther Fan
03-19-2005, 04:05 PM

No luck Godfather. I even asked a lady all "decked out" in Ingleside attire at Walmart. :rolleyes: She said she had talked to some of the girls this morning, but forgot to ask. She mentioned that the coach had them working out today, so that may not be good news...who knows...:thinking:

PhiI C
03-19-2005, 05:32 PM
No luck Godfather. I even asked a lady all "decked out" in Ingleside attire at Walmart. :rolleyes: She said she had talked to some of the girls this morning, but forgot to ask. She mentioned that the coach had them working out today, so that may not be good news...who knows...:thinking:

Amazing how hard it is to get information on a score or even just a winner! But that is not unusual for coaches to have them work out on Saturdays even when they win because with two games a week there is not much time for practice and then you throw in the weather factor.

18handicap
03-20-2005, 12:03 AM
Thanks for the kudos!!! I need lots of help to keep this up every year!

Also, saw in the Victoria paper -- Goliad 3, Ingleside 1

pirate4state
03-20-2005, 12:10 AM
Originally posted by 18handicap
Thanks for the kudos!!! I need lots of help to keep this up every year!

Also, saw in the Victoria paper -- Goliad 3, Ingleside 1 Interesting score. :thinking:

18handicap
03-20-2005, 12:21 AM
What was Sinton's result from last Tuesday? I have the Goliad - Mathis score, but I'm missing the other score, plus I don't have the records. Corpus paper isn't updating the webpage...

PhiI C
03-20-2005, 12:28 AM
Originally posted by 18handicap
What was Sinton's result from last Tuesday? I have the Goliad - Mathis score, but I'm missing the other score, plus I don't have the records. Corpus paper isn't updating the webpage...

18 Thank you for the update on the Goliad vs Ingleside score. On Tuesday Sinton Lady Pirates defeated Ingleside 11 to 1 in 6 innings.