PDA

View Full Version : 20-AAA Baseball & Softball

someone
03-18-2005, 01:54 PM
What does everyone think????

Old Cardinal
03-18-2005, 02:43 PM
I would rather you tell us about that District. I entered Sealy--if Casey Anderson is still there he is a great Coach. I have only heard rumors that Columbus is quite competitive--tell us their individual records and what type of teams each has lost too..

columbus18
03-18-2005, 02:59 PM
We are 10-1 at Columbus and we are in our Hop Priest tournament right now. We have only lost to Wharton, they had a pretty good squad and we pitched a pitcher who hasnt gotten many innings in this year. We had a few errors and didnt hit very well. Other than that we have played good baseball and have beaten El Campo, Halletsville, and Fort Bend Bush, who all have good squads this year. Look out for Halletsville this year, they will definitely be a team to beat!!

scotty
03-18-2005, 07:25 PM
I agree with Old Cardinal that Coach Anderson is a fine coach and he does have the Sealy girls doing quite well. However, the team to beat is Bellville. They have a good coach and are extremely solid year after year.

Bellville22
03-22-2005, 06:21 PM
The Bellville Brahmanette softball team is without a doubt the team to beat in D20. They return 3 of their top pitchers from last year's 10-0 team. Key losses were leading RBI producer Kate Buenger (Clarendon), and 2B Nicole Blezinger. Everyone else is back, along with an amazing group of underclassmen. Most of the girls in the FR and SOPH classes were part of teams that won the state title in softball recently.

Haven't seen this team play much, key wins that I know of include Wharton (twice), Caldwell, Spring (5A), Weimer, and I want to say Halletsville. I think they were defeated by Splendora by a run recently, but not sure. Won 4-1 at Columbus the other night to open district.

This team fields as much talent as anyone in the state, however as we know, Region III is loaded once again, so should be interesting in the playoffs.

Bellville Baseball is down this year, significantly. Most likely won't be a factor in D20 unless Lucas Luetge can pitch them to a few wins.

HBsr
03-23-2005, 12:59 PM
does anyone know what seniors are playing on bellville and columbus's baseball teams this year? havent had a chance to really see them play and was just curious!

columbus18
03-23-2005, 08:57 PM
Columbus- Hadley Sciba, Jared Johnson, and Kersten Hill in the outfield. Jake Koehl, Tyler Rau, and Matt Turner are the infield starters. Other seniors- Justin Thompson, Craig Lillie, Corey O'Brien and Alan Chester.

winthebigone
03-23-2005, 09:05 PM
I would put Navasota at the top of the list. They have great team speed, and above average pitching.

NHSRattler60
03-23-2005, 11:58 PM
Someone forgot Navasota. THE District winning team.

KL3
03-24-2005, 01:01 PM
Yep, the poll is missing Navasota, but what does THE district winning team mean Rattler60?

Bull's-eye
03-24-2005, 06:03 PM
Bellville won the district in 2004. On the last day of the regular season, Navasota lost to Columbus and Bellville defeated Sealy to end up the district champs. A Navasota win would of forced a 1 game play-off.