PDA

View Full Version : Tarpons vs. Bulldogs

Kool Tarpon 21
10-05-2002, 01:34 PM
I want to face the bulldogs. My ex-coach is the new head coach for the bulldogs. Infante knows what we run. They have the advantage. Lyford has two coaches that used to go to Port Isabel last year, Infante and Guzman. I know they're going to try everything possible to try to beat us. I know we can't take them lightly because they have a good team. If we continue to play like we can, we should be alright. We play Friday here at home. All fans try to go because we need your support.

sinton66
10-05-2002, 01:51 PM
Data Poll has PI by +25, I think you guys will beat that spread and will go with PI at home by 35.

Kool Tarpon 21
10-05-2002, 02:14 PM
Hey Sinton66, where do you go to go get these polls?...

TarponFanInNorthTexas
10-05-2002, 09:14 PM
Hey Missle....in the 3adownlow main page, click on links. From there, there is a link to the "Data Poll" site.

Also, you are absolutely right about not taking Lyford lightly. Lyford has always played P.I. tough, especially on P.I.'s home turf. Even though on paper it looks like the game is going to be a blowout......Lyford always makes it interesting. Don't be complacent, don't let yourselves be overconfident, and you'll be just fine.

P.S. - Yeah, my friends made a blue flag with a white pTi on it. It's kinda heavy so they make me wave it since i'm stronger than they are. Look for us. See you on Friday. :cool:

Kool Tarpon 21
10-05-2002, 10:36 PM
Hey thanks. I will look for you all on Friday. I know Lyford has a good team and I know not to take them lightly. We know better than that. We are going to practice hard. We will take them as if they are a 5-A school. See you on Friday.

Kool Tarpon 21
10-06-2002, 03:01 PM
We have some injuries on our team and I don't know if they're going to be okay by Friday. The rest of the team is just gonna have to step it up. We have to practice even harder than before because we don't want to lose against Lyford. I got lots of respect for Coach Infante. I just have to tell him that it's not going to be easy playing against us. I know it's not going to be easy playing against them either. I can't wait for practice tomorrow.

sinton66
10-06-2002, 03:17 PM
KoolTarpon21, check your pm's wink please.

Kool Tarpon 21
10-06-2002, 06:51 PM
How do I do that?

sinton66
10-06-2002, 07:00 PM
Go to the top of this page, on the right, click on "my profile". Scroll down, received messages will be in the center, sent messages toward the bottom of the page.

Kool Tarpon 21
10-06-2002, 07:02 PM
Oh, I see. Thanks. Let me check them.

nfcfan
10-06-2002, 07:46 PM
I agree, barring injuries and if PI continues its play, PI should win by min. 20pts in its rest of the games. Regarding Data Poll... man, no valley teams are breaking the top 50 list in either classification. As far as PI ranking, it should clear up when they play Raymondville, since Raymondville played Sinton, where Sinton won by 25. It will interesting to see the rankings if PI has a larger spread, tough as that sounds. ;-)

sinton66
10-06-2002, 08:40 PM
KoolTarpon21, did you get the addresses I sent?

Kool Tarpon 21
10-07-2002, 06:07 AM
Yeah, Raymondville did play Sinton. I would like to have played Sinton, but unfortunately they weren't in our schedule. We will get a chance to play Raymondville and we will try our best. Right now we have to concentrate on the Lyford Bulldogs though. They always give Port Isabel a game. We have to practice hard and play hard because I know they will.

Sinton66, I did get the sites. Thanks a lot.

Kool Tarpon 21
10-08-2002, 10:22 PM
Man, I am really worried about these bulldogs. I know how they always give the Tarpons a good game and I don't want that to happen. We have been practicing hard and I think we're doing fine. What worries me is that Infante is gonna pull everything out his sleeves to try to beat us. I hope all you Tarpon fans go out and support us. Well, see you there on Friday.

TarponRl3k
10-08-2002, 11:02 PM
No...what you do want is a good game. They have two of our old coaches so yeah...they probably will put up an even tougher fight but you know you guys can handle it. Good Luck.

TarponFanInNorthTexas
10-09-2002, 12:19 AM
Missle, check your PM. :D

Kool Tarpon 21
10-09-2002, 06:22 AM
I don't know. I think if we do our job correctly, they shouldn't beat us. Everyone knows how it is though. Under the Friday night lights, anything can happen and that's what I'm worried about. I should stop worrying. I don't think it's good. Well, hope to see you all there.

sinton66
10-09-2002, 07:10 AM
I could be http://images.bravenet.com/brpics/smilie/18_crazy.gif but I think PI wins this one pretty big. Best of luck Kool Tarpon_21.

footballgal
10-09-2002, 12:24 PM
opps, double take....

<small>[ October 09, 2002, 01:12 PM: Message edited by: footballgal ]</small>

footballgal
10-09-2002, 12:51 PM
sinton66:
I could be http://images.bravenet.com/brpics/smilie/18_crazy.gif but I think PI wins this one pretty big. Best of luck Kool Tarpon_21.Oh, OK.. I just figured out how you did it to put on the new graemilins; when doing this reply I saw the bravenet.

Anyways, I was going to say that I agree with you Sinton66 http://images.bravenet.com/brpics/smilie/pirate.gif I have a feeling this will be a big win also for the Tarpons.
http://images.bravenet.com/brpics/smilie/football.gif See ya there Kool Tarpon !! http://images.bravenet.com/brpics/smilie/25_coolguy.gif

<small>[ October 09, 2002, 12:54 PM: Message edited by: footballgal ]</small>

Big Tarp 74
10-09-2002, 01:46 PM
Hey guys, I dont want you all to take Lyford lightly! In all the years PI and Lyford has played, they always give us trouble. I am asking all of you to take them very very seriously. This is not the time to say, oh, they not good. When it comes to Lyford, never take them lightly. Enough said. Good Luck Friday! PS: Jump on them early and hard. :D

Kool Tarpon 21
10-10-2002, 11:33 PM
We know better than to take them lightly. I don't know how we're going to do though. I'm serious when I say I'm scared. Then again, I'm always scared before a game. I don't know. I think that Infante being their coach is blowing me away. I think I should just stop thinking about it and concentrate on the game. What worried me though is that they know what we run. I think we're going to do good. I have confidence in our team. I hope we beat them bad. Well, tomorrow is the big day. I hope you all can come. See you there.

GO BIG BLUE!!!

Missile #21