PDA

View Full Version : Golf Around Lewisville

Snyder_TigerFan
03-18-2005, 12:33 AM
I'm heading to Lewisville this weekend and was wondering if someone could recommend a decent place to play golf in the area for around $30-$40. Thanks in advance.

Adidas410s
03-18-2005, 01:33 AM
The Tribute...oh wait for under $40 you probably won't find any golf at all!

Holmes_Fans
03-18-2005, 02:26 AM
there are plenty of places to play...

Los Rios*
Sugar Tree
Bridlewood
Firewheel*
Buffalo Creek*
Iron Horse
Lantana
Links at Waterchase*
The Plantation*
Coyote Ridge*
Ridgeview Ranch*
Bear Creek*
Twin Creeks*
Riverside*
Tour 18*
Tangleridge*
Chase Oaks* (the new 18)
Bridlewood
Texas Star
Castle Hills*
Riverchase*
Sherrill Park*

* = ive played it, and recommend any of them...

http://www.touringtexas.com/golf/north.htm

and this is from jason, i just accidentally posted under my brothers name

VWG
03-18-2005, 06:02 AM
Iron Horse is in North Richland Hills, nice track.
If you want to spend the $$...... play Tour 18 over in Flower Mound area. Very cool place to play.
The golf course over by Texas Motor Speedway has changed names but it's top notch. I think it's now called the Doral at Tesoro Resort or something like that.

Adidas410s
03-18-2005, 10:22 AM
A lot of those courses were great. Which ones can you get on for under $40 though. I know I was gonna play last Friday @ Tour 18 but it goes up to $69.99 on Fridays. So Instead I played Twin Creek (semi-private) over in Allen and it was only $42. A pretty nice Palmer track that is about 15 years old. The course still feels really young on the front 9 (ala Bear Ridge...new univ course in Waco). The course isn't that long, only 6800 from the tips and with the exception of a few holes is very forgiving of errant shots...until you get to the greens which have A LOT of double-breaking putts on them. Hope you find a place you enjoy...let us know!

jason
03-18-2005, 10:40 AM
i was VERY unimpressed with tour 18, i played a Corps of Engineers Generals' tournament...ill never go back, unless its for another tournament, that is paid for by somebody else lol....

Adidas410s
03-18-2005, 10:47 AM
Originally posted by jason
i was VERY unimpressed with tour 18, i played a Corps of Engineers Generals' tournament...ill never go back, unless its for another tournament, that is paid for by somebody else lol....

What time of year did you play it? It seems that people have such high expectations of it that they either love it or hate...they never were like "well its not that bad." I have played it in early summer and I really enjoyed it. It was a little windy which made #9 (17 @ sawgrass) and #17 (12 Augusta National) kinda crazy as I started the ball left of the green on 9 and still ended up in the water to the right and on 17 the ball just stays in the air FOREVER as the wind swirled it around. That was in my opinion the best re-creation they have on that course.

jason
03-18-2005, 10:56 AM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
That was in my opinion the best re-creation they have on that course. the best recreation for me was the burger and beer after the round lol.....

ctangle ridge in grand prarie is one of the best courses in the area, i think....

the links of waterchase is the hardest course ive ever played....its TOUGH....

Snyder_TigerFan
03-18-2005, 12:07 PM
Thanks for the information guys. I made a tee time at Sherill Park. Their course looks pretty decent on their website. I'm going with my father-in-law and he doesn't want to pay the big bucks to go hackin', so we were kind of limited to where we can play.

Thanks again for the info.

HighSchool Fan
03-18-2005, 12:09 PM
Originally posted by jason
ctangle ridge in grand prarie is one of the best courses in the area, i think....

come on Jason, you know that TWU is the best course in north texas :D