PDA

View Full Version : Sweetwater's Track Team

netexan
03-16-2005, 08:18 PM
I saw where Sweetwater is going to Atlanta for a track meet this weekend. It is over 300 miles between cities. Why would a track team go so far for a track meet. Atlanta has won the last 3 state titles in track but they are REALLY YOUNG this year. They lost most of the people who contributed to the 3 titles. Atlanta may have a hard time repeating as region champs much less state champs.. The relays are not doing real well yet. Don't get me wrong, they are still fast but.. 42s in the 400....... 1:30 in the 800 and 3:30 will not get you very far when you get to region. The darkhorse will be Liberty-Eylau.. They are pretty good. Will not break Atlanta's district winning streak, but will do good at region and state. Atlanta has over 50 kids come out for track every year so they have a lot more depth than most schools even the 4as and 5as

VWG
03-16-2005, 08:47 PM
Originally posted by netexan
I saw where Sweetwater is going to Atlanta for a track meet this weekend. It is over 300 miles between cities. Why would a track team go so far for a track meet. Atlanta has won the last 3 state titles in track but they are REALLY YOUNG this year. They lost most of the people who contributed to the 3 titles. Atlanta may have a hard time repeating as region champs much less state champs.. The relays are not doing real well yet. Don't get me wrong, they are still fast but.. 42s in the 400....... 1:30 in the 800 and 3:30 will not get you very far when you get to region. The darkhorse will be Liberty-Eylau.. They are pretty good. Will not break Atlanta's district winning streak, but will do good at region and state. Atlanta has over 50 kids come out for track every year so they have a lot more depth than most schools even the 4as and 5as

Sweetwater has some fast kids... probably doing this meet to mix it up a little. Much like baseball or basketball teams will travel out of their region for tournaments. I know some baseball teams in the Metroplex will travel to Lubbock, Austin, etc... to attend tournaments. Same thing with basketball.
Interesting to see how Sweetwater does. They've got the talent on the track team to win Region I.

Rainman
03-16-2005, 09:10 PM
Whether Atlanta is young or not is of less importance. They always have a good track team. Sweetwater's team is also very young with there relays dominated by sophomores. Atlanta will also pull great competition throughout the state, something Sweetwater will need badly before they make it to state.

Black_Magic
03-17-2005, 03:40 PM
Originally posted by netexan
I saw where Sweetwater is going to Atlanta for a track meet this weekend. It is over 300 miles between cities. Why would a track team go so far for a track meet. Atlanta has won the last 3 state titles in track but they are REALLY YOUNG this year. They lost most of the people who contributed to the 3 titles. Atlanta may have a hard time repeating as region champs much less state champs.. The relays are not doing real well yet. Don't get me wrong, they are still fast but.. 42s in the 400....... 1:30 in the 800 and 3:30 will not get you very far when you get to region. The darkhorse will be Liberty-Eylau.. They are pretty good. Will not break Atlanta's district winning streak, but will do good at region and state. Atlanta has over 50 kids come out for track every year so they have a lot more depth than most schools even the 4as and 5as sweetwater is going to go for the three relays at regional. thats my gut feeling. I dont see them getting anything els out of regional. they are running good times for this time of the year. dont know if they(sweetwater) can take district from Snyder or Wylie. both Snyder and Wylie have some depth and talent in alot of other events. But Sweetwater may take the gold in the 3 relays.