PDA

View Full Version : Gonzales Apaches Roll On

DRAGOON
05-18-2003, 11:43 AM
Give credit to the Gonzales Apaches for bucking up Saturday and taking two from Wharton. Pitchers Josh Gray and Mitchell Davis pitched all 20 innings of this series despite the heat. (Sat. first game 4-3 second game 8-0) Gray pitched Game 1, struckout 12, and then proceeded to pitch 3 hitless innings to start Game 2. Davis pitched the last 4 innings of the second contest, striking out four along the way, allowing just one hit in the fifth. Cudos to the senior left-hander for bouncing back from a dissapointing loss Friday night despite giving up only 1 hit the entire game. Sinton wins as expected, but the Apaches are peaking at the right time of the year. Should be a great match up, and props to ALL teams still standing. You certainly have something to be proud of.

<small>[ May 18, 2003, 12:26 PM: Message edited by: DRAGOON ]</small>

sinton66
05-18-2003, 11:46 AM
Congrats to the Apaches, looking forward to the match-up. Good luck to you. Would you happen to have some season stats we can share?

<small>[ May 18, 2003, 11:50 AM: Message edited by: sinton66 ]</small>

DRAGOON
05-18-2003, 12:37 PM
I'll pick up a local paper this week, and see if they have any useful info. I will tell you their season record is now 16-15. They really struggled early in the year, and did not even resemble a playoff team. Hitting and defense plagued them. I will tell you that it all starts with pitchers Mitchell Davis and Josh Gray. Many of the kids hit the ball yesterday as well so hopefully they can string some hits together against the quality pitching they'll face against Sinton.

sinton66
05-18-2003, 12:45 PM
Cool, I'd appreciate any info you can get. You can go to Sinton's website for their season stats. www.sintonisd.net (http://www.sintonisd.net)

The stats pretty much stay a week behind, but they are accurate. Just in case you don't have adobe:
Well, I tried to post 'em for you, but they didn't display well on here, so you'll have to settle for the website.

<small>[ May 18, 2003, 12:59 PM: Message edited by: sinton66 ]</small>

Vrabird
05-18-2003, 03:24 PM
If the baseball playoffs are anything like the football playoffs between these 2 teams, it ought to be a hell of a series. Gonzales has some good athletes and gave Sinton all they wanted in football. Go Pirates!!

whtfbplaya
05-19-2003, 12:42 PM
Congrats to Gonzales, they played some great baseball. Good luck the rest of the season.

pirate4state
05-19-2003, 01:17 PM
Whtfbplaya, can you share any info with us about this Gonzales team?? Pitchers, defense, bats, etc...

Thanks.

bd62
05-19-2003, 07:26 PM
gonzales has improved greatly from first of year. yoakum beat them 7-1 and 3-0 in district. they go with 2 pitchers even in 3 game series and they are both juniors. they can hit the ball pretty good and play solid defense. i think sinton will be too much of a match for them .sinton has the playoff experience and 2 damn good pitchers.

DRAGOON
05-20-2003, 09:01 AM
Gonzales paper didn't give any useful information as far as stats are concerned. Unless they mix up the rotation they will put senior Mitchell Davis on the hill Friday night. Davis is a lefthander that does what many lefthanders do...locates well and throws some nasty breaking stuff. Junior Josh Gray will probably get the call in Game 2. He is a big kid that throws hard. It is no secret that Gonzales will do as well as these two pitchers. Although no one expects Gonzales to tee off on Alaniz, they did hit the ball against Wharton so hopefully they can plate some runners this weekend. I am personally looking forward to watching these two teams get after it. Question for any Sinton folks in the know...where is Alaniz expected to go in the draft? I am no expert but I would think he would go fairly early which would mean $$$$$$$$$!!!!!. He has signed with Texas right? Any football plans in his post highschool career or will he be concentrating on baseball?

pirate4state
05-20-2003, 09:38 AM
Don't know where he is expected to go in the draft, Sinton66 may be able to help there, but he will be focused on baseball from here on out! Looking forward to this series, but not looking forward to the heat eek! ! Any chance we'll get a cold front :D :D :D ???