PDA

View Full Version : Billy Idol

District303aPastPlayer
03-16-2005, 12:25 AM
was in concert last night, and man, talk about a great show. I was in about the 3rd row. He came on around 9 and played for about 2 hours. The house was packed... i heard somewhere around the figure of 3,000 tickets were sold and collected at the front gate. He sang the classics, but left out Cradle of Love. Overall, i was pleased. I guess i was the only one from the area who went to see him. :)

gato 76
03-16-2005, 02:24 AM
Were was the concert? Im a big fan of the 80's music,i saw duran duran at the toyota center in feb,they sold out the place great concert also.

Ranger Mom
03-16-2005, 09:43 AM
I never much cared for Billy Idol or Duran Duran.....I was more of a "Big Hair Band" kinda girl!!

ROCK ON!! http://www.bettorschat.com/forums/images/smilies/dance.gif

pirate44
03-16-2005, 09:46 AM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
I never much cared for Billy Idol or Duran Duran.....I was more of a "Big Hair Band" kinda girl!!

ROCK ON!! http://www.bettorschat.com/forums/images/smilies/dance.gif
for you Ranger Mom
http://lennon.csufresno.edu/~bjb42/CS/CScinderella.jpg

Ranger Mom
03-16-2005, 09:48 AM
Originally posted by pirate44
for you Ranger Mom
http://lennon.csufresno.edu/~bjb42/CS/CScinderella.jpg

LOL!!

I still possess that album!

44INAROW
03-16-2005, 09:52 AM
I still like to listen to Poison and Night Ranger :cool:

pirate44
03-16-2005, 09:53 AM
LOL!!

I still possess that album!
not big hair, but were you ever into Rush?

Ranger Mom
03-16-2005, 10:00 AM
not big hair, but were you ever into Rush?

Are they the one's who sang "Tom Sawyer"?? If so...I can't stand them.

My favorites were:

Cinderella
Poison
Motley Crue
Guns & Roses
Def Leppard
Twisted Sister (I wanna Rock!!! - That is the song that my kids have on their cell phones as their ring tone for me)
Warrant
Fastway - (what ever happened to them?)

I'm sure there is more that I can't think of right now!

pirate44
03-16-2005, 10:08 AM

My favorites were:

Cinderella
Poison
Motley Crue
Guns & Roses
Def Leppard
Twisted Sister (I wanna Rock!!! - That is the song that my kids have on their cell phones as their ring tone for me)
Warrant

I'm sure there is more that I can't think of right now!
i bet you spent many a night watching head bangers ball on mtv:D
mine and pirate4state's class song was Heaven by Warrent. gosh i wish i could go back and change that:mad:

BullFrog Dad
03-16-2005, 10:08 AM

My favorites were:

Cinderella
Poison
Motley Crue
Guns & Roses
Def Leppard
Warrant

I'm sure there is more that I can't think of right now! Artist: Fastway

Styles: Heavy Metal, Hard Rock

One of the most promising '80s supergroups that never was, England's Fastway was never quite able to come to grips with their sonic identity, and despite a promising start, in the end their career was an almost absolute flameout.

Following his acrimonious departure from metal legend Motörhead, guitarist "Fast" Eddie Clarke wasted no time planning his next move with then-recently ousted UFO bassist Pete Way. With veteran drummer Jerry Shirley (ex-Humble Pie) and promising Irish newcomer vocalist Dave King rounding out their lineup, the resulting Fastway was awarded instant supergroup status, even though the mercurial Way decided to quit mere weeks after the release of their eponymous 1983 debut (going on to form the ill-fated Waysted). As for Fastway, perhaps knowing he would never be able to match the intensity (and distortion) of his previous group, Clarke chose instead to seek a more mainstream hard rock direction with his new band, and indeed the album was very well-received in the U.S., climbing into the Top 40. Encouraged, they quickly returned to the studio with new bassist Charlie McKracken to record 1984's All Fired Up. The album still made it into the American Top 60 despite waning interest from the CBS label and continued nonplussed indifference back in the U.K. and Europe. Looking for a change after losing their rhythm section (replaced by bassist Paul Reid and drummer Alan Connor), Fastway tried to hop the pop-metal bandwagon with 1986's overly slick Waiting for the Roar. Coming off like a second-rate Quiet Riot, the synth-laden album also introduced keyboardist and sometimes-second guitarist Shane Carroll, but rightly fell upon deaf ears. An offer to provide the soundtrack for the heavy metal horror flick Trick or Treat seemed like a perfect shot at redemption, but despite a welcome return to harder-edged fare, the movie was a flop; the album followed suit, and the band soon broke up in dismay.

Clarke would have one final go at it, however. Signing to independent GWR Records (ironically, also Motörhead's label at the time), he drafted an entirely new lineup, featuring vocalist Lea Hart, bassist Paul Gray, and drummer Steve Clarke, for 1988's On Target (which was anything but). Further personnel changes preceded 1990's swan song Bad Bad Girls, which saw Clarke and Hart allegedly backed by old pals Girlschool, working under aliases for contractual reasons. Another resounding flop, the album finally convinced Clarke that it was time to hang up his spurs. ~ Ed Rivadavia, All Music Guide

Ranger Mom
03-16-2005, 11:10 AM
Wow!!

They seemed like they were here one day and gone the next.

The only one of their songs I remember is "Say what you will"...but I still think it's a GREAT song!

LH Panther Mom
03-16-2005, 11:30 AM
mine and pirate4state's class song was Heaven by Warrent. gosh i wish i could go back and change that:mad:

It sure beats the heck out of my class song. Wasted Days & Wasted Nights by Freddy Fender. :rolleyes:

pirate44
03-16-2005, 11:32 AM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
It sure beats the heck out of my class song. Wasted Days & Wasted Nights by Freddy Fender. :rolleyes:
i salute you LHPM:D

pirate44
03-16-2005, 11:33 AM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
that gave me an idea for a thread:clap:

pirate4state
03-16-2005, 12:14 PM

I can't believe you don't like Rush, but like Warrant! :eek: :thinking: Oh well...I'll still keep you on my buddy list! :D ;) :p

Maroon87
03-16-2005, 12:17 PM
I saw Billy Idol at the old Coliseum in CC the first time he came to town...I think it was '83 or '84, I can't recall exactly. Anyway, it was a few days ago!:D My sister is already hassling me to go see Motley Crue in September. I told her not to sweat it cuz they'll probably break up again before they get down here.

pirate44
03-16-2005, 12:18 PM
Originally posted by Maroon87
I saw Billy Idol at the old Coliseum in CC the first time he came to town...I think it was '83 or '84, I can't recall exactly. Anyway, it was a few days ago!:D My sister is already hassling me to go see Motley Crue in September. I told her not to sweat it cuz they'll probably break up again before they get down here.
LOL:D

SintonFan
03-16-2005, 12:22 PM
Wow!!

They seemed like they were here one day and gone the next.

The only one of their songs I remember is "Say what you will"...but I still think it's a GREAT song!
That's funny. I though p4s and pirate44's class song was "Say what you will" by Fastway.;)
lol You guys know I'm just kidding...
:D