PDA

View Full Version : you West Texas people might remember this name...

Adidas410s
03-15-2005, 02:37 PM
Just got word that Michael Carrillo is transferring to HSU from whatever D2 school he was at in NM to play football in the fall.

BullFrog Dad
03-15-2005, 02:50 PM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
Just got word that Michael Carrillo is transferring to HSU from whatever D2 school he was at in NM to play football in the fall. I remember watching him and Decatur's Chandler Dane shoot it out the Friday after Thanksgiving '02 in Stephenville. That might have been the best HS game I've ever seen.

Rockdale Tiger
03-15-2005, 02:55 PM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
Just got word that Michael Carrillo is transferring to HSU from whatever D2 school he was at in NM to play football in the fall. Fill us in on this Michael Carrillo....

ASUFrisbeeStud
03-15-2005, 03:19 PM
I got the pleasure to play with Mychal in high school; he is amazing. He never was very big, 5'8" 160, but he sure could move. I remember he rushed from the quarterback position for 2000 yards as a Junior and passed for 500 in an offense that doesn't pass. I in three years of watching him only saw him get hit hard twice, he just has a way of avoiding tackles and not getting hit. He wasn't the fastest person running down the feild always but he moved side to side faster than anyone. I know there are a few posters on this board that played against him, I'd like to see what someone that is unbiased has to say. Ask Lobo12 if Mychal can move or not, lol. I know Lobo really well and we've talked about it before. Agaisnt Monahans Mychals Jr year he rushed for over 500 yards and 6 touchdowns in the first half.
He and Sneezy Beltrane from Abilene High were the only people to recieve KTXS Pepsi player of the game for three years in a row. I hope Mychal goes to HSU and really lives up to his potential and shows some people that size doesn't matter, heart does.

VWG
03-15-2005, 03:38 PM
Yes, this kid was very dangerous. Small but quick as a cat.
Wasn't he at Eastern New Mexico?

Black_Magic
03-15-2005, 04:21 PM
I thought He went to SW ok state university. when did he go to NM??

panther power
03-15-2005, 04:23 PM
Aroung west texas he was known as the "GHOST", he was always gone before you knew it. I went to watch him play in midland in a playoff game against kermit. They fell down 6-0 then the ghost took over, final was like 52-6. He has mad game.

injuredinmelee
03-15-2005, 05:34 PM
I can remember Carrillo taking thelast snap of the half in a game against Wylier and literally run back and forth for 20 seconds. He was amazing and pursuit angles meant JACK.

Ranger Mom
03-15-2005, 06:11 PM
We played against Sweetwater twice in 2002....Carillo was a force to be reckoned with every game.

He was one of the shiftiest QB's I had ever seen and both games could have easily gone either way. We were lucky to get a win both times.

Good luck Mychal wherever you end up!!

ASUFrisbeeStud
03-15-2005, 06:46 PM
I know that he went to Southwestern OK State along with Jack Squires from Sweetwater. Squires actually is doing very well there at fullback where he earned the starting nod this year as a redshirt freshmen.

wildstangs
03-15-2005, 10:19 PM
I thought he was currently at South Plains or Tech. Will be great to see him on the field for HSU however. He is very similar to the current HSU QB Galusha. Not the biggest guy out there, but can run anywhere he wants to.

Ranger05
03-15-2005, 10:39 PM
Originally posted by ASUFrisbeeStud
I got the pleasure to play with Mychal in high school; he is amazing. He never was very big, 5'8" 160, but he sure could move. I remember he rushed from the quarterback position for 2000 yards as a Junior and passed for 500 in an offense that doesn't pass. I in three years of watching him only saw him get hit hard twice, he just has a way of avoiding tackles and not getting hit. He wasn't the fastest person running down the feild always but he moved side to side faster than anyone. I know there are a few posters on this board that played against him, I'd like to see what someone that is unbiased has to say. Ask Lobo12 if Mychal can move or not, lol. I know Lobo really well and we've talked about it before. Agaisnt Monahans Mychals Jr year he rushed for over 500 yards and 6 touchdowns in the first half.
He and Sneezy Beltrane from Abilene High were the only people to recieve KTXS Pepsi player of the game for three years in a row. I hope Mychal goes to HSU and really lives up to his potential and shows some people that size doesn't matter, heart does. Yea he could move. he was really elusive real hard to tackle

Adidas410s
03-16-2005, 12:03 AM
Originally posted by wildstangs
I thought he was currently at South Plains or Tech. Will be great to see him on the field for HSU however. He is very similar to the current HSU QB Galusha. Not the biggest guy out there, but can run anywhere he wants to.

Jordan Neal is the QB and will be back for next fall. Galusha is on defense, somewhere in the secondary. He transferred in from Rice and had either 8 INT's through 9 games last year before getting hurt. He should be fun to watch in the next few years.

wildstangs
03-16-2005, 08:48 PM
I knew it was someone from Cooper...got them mixed up.

Wasnt Neal the 5A player of the year his senior season?