PDA

View Full Version : Ft. Stockton Job

CheerMom
03-15-2005, 11:37 AM
Any word on the Ft. Stockton job??

one&gone
03-15-2005, 11:40 AM
heard they are going within Gosset is his name.

CheerMom
03-15-2005, 11:45 AM
Is this official or just rumor?

panther power
03-15-2005, 12:05 PM
just a rumor! over 63 applicants and some have very impressive resumes.....

Nothing is official yet....just beginning

CheerMom
03-15-2005, 12:11 PM
Originally posted by panther power
just a rumor! over 63 applicants and some have very impressive resumes.....

Nothing is official yet....just beginning

When do they plan on making an announcement? Keep us posted.

panther power
03-15-2005, 12:26 PM
i would say in the next 2 weeks, probably two tuesdays from today.... i will keep you posted.

CheerMom
03-15-2005, 12:28 PM
i would say in the next 2 weeks, probably two tuesdays from today.... i will keep you posted.

Thanks.:D

Buffalo
03-15-2005, 08:51 PM
That would be a great hire. Very good coach could not go wrong with him

panther power
03-15-2005, 08:56 PM
wrong with who? Gossett? we could not go wrong with gossett?

one&gone
03-16-2005, 10:50 AM
have they released who applied? I am almost positive it is Gossetts Job.

Wtx_coach
03-16-2005, 11:12 AM
Well from what I hear, it is either coach HANNA from Monahans or coach Roark from Rice Consolidated who spent this past year with Hanna at Monahans. Im not sure if Gosset even applied but I dont think he would do a bad job but Hanna and Roark are both highly qualified coaches!!

panther power
03-16-2005, 11:18 AM
I will check my sources today but i don't think it's gossett, nothing against him but hanna and roark are a few of the many coaches called in for interviews.

Wtx_coach
03-16-2005, 11:20 AM
How many are getting interviews?

panther power
03-16-2005, 11:24 AM
I believe they said 15 finalists and the board would pick any number to nominate to interview.

one&gone
03-16-2005, 11:30 AM
10 will interview 8 outside and 2 inside.

Rusty Roark
Larry Hanna
Chris Henson
Kelly West
Gary Grubbs
Colby Owens
D'Hannis HD Coach
Eastland HDCoach
John Gossett
Rudy Holguin

panther power
03-16-2005, 11:33 AM
where did you get that one? I'd be careful what you post on here, you could be posting a false list......??????

one&gone
03-16-2005, 11:36 AM
dont know if it true just what I was told. Not a bad list for Stockton.

panther power
03-16-2005, 11:37 AM
it's not a bad list at all, Roark has the inside track, trust me. Good info for a rookie, atleast the name is a rookie.

one&gone
03-16-2005, 11:45 AM
I bet it will be alot of turn over if any of them get it besides Gossett or Holguin. I dont know if stockton wants that thats why Gossett has the inside track.

Wtx_coach
03-16-2005, 11:46 AM
I really doubt thats the final list, but if it is I would go with ROARK!!

one&gone
03-16-2005, 11:48 AM
It would be hard to get someone like Roark to come to stockton if he cant bring his staff. What is wrong with the list Wt Texas Coach?

Wtx_coach
03-16-2005, 11:51 AM
I never said nothing was wrong with the list, I just said I seriously doub that is the list, that might be the list that you came up with but thats not the list.
From what I hear stockton is going to let any coach bring his staff if he wants too!!

one&gone
03-16-2005, 11:53 AM
not possible if they are under contract and everyone was renewed.

Wtx_coach
03-16-2005, 11:58 AM
Who said all the contracts got renewed? I hear some coaches are leaving on their own!!

I guess we are both from Pecos huh LOL?

panther power
03-16-2005, 12:00 PM
gossett does not have the inside track.....enough with that.
trust me, i cover alot of this stuff here in town. The buzz, and thats all it is, is that roark is gonna land it, and he wants the job because he wants to run a program, were coming off a district championship, and we have alot of kids returning, add his son to the mix and you get another playoff run.

If he wants to bring some of his own staff, he may have already talked to some and maybe they did not renew contracts.

one&gone
03-16-2005, 12:11 PM
Just going by what i hear, but I know state law says that teachers have to have their contracts by April 1st, so it is done durning the march SB meeting which will be monday in stockon if I am correct.

CheerMom
03-16-2005, 12:25 PM
gossett does not have the inside track.....enough with that.
trust me, i cover alot of this stuff here in town. The buzz, and thats all it is, is that roark is gonna land it, and he wants the job because he wants to run a program, were coming off a district championship, and we have alot of kids returning, add his son to the mix and you get another playoff run.

If he wants to bring some of his own staff, he may have already talked to some and maybe they did not renew contracts.

My vote goes to Rusty(Roark). He would make a great coach anywhere. As for his son, he'll have to a couple of years(in sixth or seventh grade this year).

lobo12
03-16-2005, 01:35 PM
i dont see hanna taking this job, but i could be wrong

Wtx_coach
03-16-2005, 02:38 PM
If you dont see him taking the job why did he apply then?

justlikesports
03-16-2005, 06:34 PM
Can you imagine if Hanna got the Stockton job? Panther/Lobo game would be interesting!

scotty
03-16-2005, 06:38 PM
I believe that most coaches could adjust to Rusty Roark as he is a super person. And as for as his staff, his brother Ryan was his offensive coordinator at Rice he is now the head coach AD at Needville and his defensive coordinator Brad Dumont is the HCDC at Rice. So as far as having a set staff, I would be surprised if he did. However, Rusty will attract some good people because he is a good preson. I hope he gets the job and wish him well.

panther power
03-16-2005, 06:57 PM
the annual Panther- Lobo game ( The Pecos River Shootout ) is always a intresting game!

WTF-82
03-16-2005, 09:44 PM
Tell me more.

panther power
03-16-2005, 10:24 PM
more of what?

lobo12
03-16-2005, 11:33 PM
now i do believe he would accept that job

Wtx_coach
03-17-2005, 12:18 AM
hey panther power, who made the cuts, give us some info, heard they went over em last night

Ranger Mom
03-17-2005, 09:36 AM
Just heard from a very reliable source in Ft. Stockton...the only 2 that are seriously being considered for this job are Hanna and Rourk.

Oh yeah....expect some major housecleaning too!!

CheerMom
03-17-2005, 09:42 AM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
Just heard from a very reliable source in Ft. Stockton...the only 2 that are seriously being considered for this job are Hanna and Rourk.

Oh yeah....expect some major housecleaning too!!

Go Rusty!!!:clap: :clap: :clap:

Wtx_coach
03-17-2005, 12:29 PM
I would like to see coach Roark get that job and have a fresh new start in Panther land, I wish him the best of luck if he gets the job!!

WTF-82
03-17-2005, 03:12 PM
This would be the best hire in Ft. Stockton's Football History.

fball_gal310
03-17-2005, 03:19 PM
Why would Coach Hanna want the job in Stockton??

oh well
03-17-2005, 04:27 PM
I would like to see Henson get this job. Good luck to everyone.

panther power
03-18-2005, 08:25 AM
it;s really hush hush but the school board had a meeting tuesday night and it was packed... not alot of high school coaches had contratcs renewed, only middle school. I thought it was intresting...

Wtx_coach
03-19-2005, 08:18 PM
Originally posted by fball_gal310
Why would Coach Hanna want the job in Stockton??

What do you mean by that football_gal, first of all maybe he might want the job for alot of reasons:
1. He dont have a job right now
2. He will be getting paid more at stockton then he would have been at Monahans
3. Fort stockton has beaten Monahans 3 times out the last 4 years

Those are some good reason he would want the job, dont you think?

lobo12
03-20-2005, 06:11 PM
he does have a job right now, he still has another year left on his contract, they might have beaten monahans, but what else has stockton done.

panther power
03-20-2005, 08:07 PM
what else has stockton done?, I can expect that from a lobo.
1. Football district championship
swimming state qualyfing team, ended in 6th overall
8 powerlifting state participants
i know we will have atleast 4 track members go to regionals and possibly state.
girls softball will make the playoffs

and other then the first one, this is just in the past few weeks.

the only noise coming out of monahans is being made by the girls lobo12, matbe that's why Hanna lost his job.

What have the boys done in the past 4 years to stand out other then last years slip in of a D.C. in football?

lobo12
03-20-2005, 08:32 PM
haha you bring jokes, first of all co district championship with a three way tie, we should have a sprinter and all three relays go to state this year, swimming team goes to state year in and year out, three consecutive state volleyball appearances with one title, and i dont think ft stockton has finished in front of monahans in basketball in a while before this year. past four years... lets see i dont know how you get a slip in for the district title, we won outright no TIE with a top five team in the district who yall failed to beat...made the playoffs in 03 and 02, which stockton failed to do both years... in 02 we beat district 3-3a champion snyder and then borger advancing to the regional finals before losing to state champion everman, who was nothing short of awesome by the way...as you can see theres a lot in monahans still

panther power
03-20-2005, 11:27 PM
well whatever all that was Hanna had to leave for some reason, quit living in the past and hating on things here. Just when I think you are a good guy and respect your posts you go and say stuff like this. You act like Monahans is some kind of perrenial power house, monahans, not you, does have good athletes. Like any other town, monahans has a rich tradition so do all the loboes a favor and don't tarnish it by getting on here and claiming your better then anybody else. stockton is no better then anyone else and neither are you. Be a man and grow up, this website is a great one and don't screw it up.

lobo12
03-20-2005, 11:33 PM
what are you talking about, you did the exact same thing in your previous post. i meant no disrespect to anyone and i dont know how i did that, please show me in my post where i was out of line, and i will gladly correct it...i know why hanna left, and ur the one who said what has monahans done in the past four years all i did was state that.u brought up what yall did good in and so did i, i never thought i or monahans was better than anyone...anyway i dont know what you mean by grow up or tarnishing this website, if my post was that disrespectful please let me know and i will change it so that it does not offend anyone

panther power
03-20-2005, 11:34 PM
and by the way not all your relays will go to state. Trust me I was there this past weekend and not all of them will. Covington is a great sprinter, we will fair just fine. What place did Monahans end up in football this year? Basketball? wonder why Hanna had to go....

lobo12
03-20-2005, 11:36 PM
ur right one of our relays wont make it, hate to break it to you but hanna was not the basketball coach, and you have no idea why he left in football...you sound like your saying hanna is a bad coach, you might not be but this is what it sounds like, well just ask iraan how bad of a coach he was...i am sorry for anything i said to offend you

panther power
03-20-2005, 11:41 PM
He is a great coach, don't get it twisted up. He has a ring and is deserving. but as an A.D. he has to catch all the flack of a poor season. Football, we all know what happened. Basketball, he is not the coach, but they finished dead last. He has to catch the grunt of dissapointment in the community.

panther power
03-20-2005, 11:43 PM
Baseball is not gonna do anything either. Track is an individual sport, they will do fine. But I am sure there are planty of reasons that Hanna wants to come here, $ is way better here, facilities are better, and it's a fresh start. And stockton has done alot in all sports, that's a fact.

lobo12
03-20-2005, 11:45 PM
dont doubt pay is better, but i dont know about the facilities

lobo12
03-20-2005, 11:46 PM
i know from a close source over there that the kids have a real discipline problem, not trying to slam stockton or anything, just what ive heard

panther power
03-20-2005, 11:51 PM
every town has problems with that, but it's alot to do with coaches. Facilities here are better. I have been to all the facilities in Monahans. Your football field is probably a little better, but other then that it's no contest.

panther power
03-20-2005, 11:52 PM
either way i'm done.....take it easy, you disappointment me lobo12, talk to you later.

lobo12
03-20-2005, 11:53 PM
what exactly do you think stockton has better, i dont think the weight room or gym, football field is way better in my opinion but everybodys is different we are just being homers, maybe we can see what some other people think?

Ranger Mom
03-21-2005, 09:42 AM
What in the heck are you two arguing about anyway? I read all the posts and can't figure out what started all of that!

I can't believe Lobo12 would say something with the intention of trying to stir anything up. I know the guy, it's not his nature to do so.

Both teams are in my district and I respect both programs so why all the hate?

justlikesports
03-21-2005, 10:23 AM
WELL SAID RANGER MOM!!
I think they were each just defending their towns and schools. Every place has its problems, so everyone just calm down. Good luck to whoever gets the Stockton job, and good luck to both schools in everything!

CheerMom
03-21-2005, 10:45 AM
Any word on when a decision is supposed to be made?

Wtx_coach
03-21-2005, 10:53 AM
Well said justlikesports!!

Pantherpower- first of all dont say coach Hanna is not a good A.D for 2 reason. 1. Hes about to be your A.D in Stockton
2. Monahans almost won the overall best program in Texas in 3A the last 2 years, they are horrible in sports this year but that does not mean its his fault.

Lobo12- You are making some good pionts, but you are acting like Monahans is a step above eerybody, beleive me son they are not.

panther power
03-21-2005, 10:59 AM
just to clear it up, i never said hanna was a bad A.D., i complemented him. this whole thing was stupid, i'm done with it. The psiton is stillin pocess of interviews,

Wtx_coach
03-21-2005, 11:10 AM
I hear they are interviewing as we speak!!

panther power
03-21-2005, 11:24 AM
that's correct, im headed down there in about 30 minutes, sopposed to be announced tomarrow if all goes well today.

I got an inside track to the scoop

panther power
03-21-2005, 11:35 AM
Hanna has pecos county ties when he was in Iraan he won the title with about 7 players on that team originally from stockton.

lobo12
03-21-2005, 12:35 PM
i never meant to say monahans was better than anybody, sorry for whatever i said to disrespect anyone, so lets get back to the original topic of the ft stockton job.....i think if hanna wants the job he can have it and i hope he gets it

WTF-82
03-22-2005, 12:04 AM
Coach Hanna is my pick in Stockton could be named by tommorow.
Whatever happened in Monahans last year in football should not
matter, you can not find any coach in west texas from 4-A down to 1-A level that has done more than Larry Hanna State Championship, Semifinal game against the eventual state champion Aledo, regional final,Quaterfinal berth against another eventual State Champion Everman , Couple of District Championships in Monahans in 97.03 you just cant argue with
that the man history is just to great to ignore he will get his program wherever it is back to winning remember as bad as we see Monahans last year season they still came down to the last game of the year for most schools thats sort of a dream season.
And if a couple of things go Hanna's way last year they share a crown with the rest of the playoff teams in this district remember Monahans was leading Stockton as much as 21 at one point also late in the game with the ball it was just bad management late in it still went to overtime and this was a Dream season for FT. Stockton I saw Stockton play this year with monahans Bad year they still were not better than Monahans flat out they were just able to pull it off late in the game credit those kids from Stockton
they came out fighting till the end.
Stockton people listen Hanna would be a great Hire for yall
I dont know of anyone you could hire that would be better.
the man still is one of west texas legends believe me if you play in December as often as he has and also won a title you are some sort of legend when it comes to west texas football.

panther power
03-22-2005, 09:35 AM
that made no sense at all, who said we were not pulling for Hanna anyways? The monahans game was luck? try battling back from 21 down and taking the ball in o.t. in 1 play and scoring to put an end to that game, then going 4-1 in district only losing 1 d-game by 7 points, and losing all regular season games by a total of 12 points. Where u from buddie? Do not take anything away from these kids, they bust butt all off season just like any other kids in texas, congratulate them all, or hate them all!

Wtx_coach
03-22-2005, 01:14 PM
Not a BIG PANTHER FAN, but the Panthers were battling and had the eventual state champions Abilene Wylie on the ropes till the middle of the 3rd quarter!

***-82- Stockton was better then Monahans, Monahans Defense was just horrible and could not tackle a pee wee football runner this year!!

lobo12
03-22-2005, 01:31 PM
***-82, i agree with you 100% with your post. monahans could have won that game he is right, but the panthers were the better team because thats what the scoreboard said. hanna is a great coach and would be a great hire for anybody, and i think it would be a good idea for stockton to hire him.

Black_Magic
03-22-2005, 02:35 PM
I heard some coach say that Monahans is great on thursdays in the prevarsity levels but have a hard time doing that well on Fridays.

oh well
03-22-2005, 03:12 PM
They were playing them tough but they did not have Wylie on the ropes. I was at the game.

Hanna would be a good hire.

Wtx_coach
03-22-2005, 03:23 PM
14-7 at halftime is on the ropes to me . since stockton was like a 31 point underdog, come on ohwell give them a litlle credit.

OHWELL- Did your boy Henson even get a interview?

oh well
03-22-2005, 03:29 PM
you do not have a team on the ropes @ half time you know that. They played them well but did not have them on the ropes. Oh yea he did, still hope he gets it. He is not my boy just a coach I know that does a great job. How is offseason going?

WTF-82
03-22-2005, 03:34 PM
I did say those Stockton kids came fighting till the end.

Please dont say I was hating on Stockton I dont hate on any
one it doesent matter who won the game to me. I am not from
eighther place I just love to keep up with a lot of football specially around here and half these coaches from here

fball_gal310
03-22-2005, 03:37 PM
Okay y'all....calm down...

Coach Hanna is a great person and coach. What happened in Monahans this year was not entirely his fault. Some of it was, but he wasn't on the field playing the game for the boys, he wasn't in the heads of all the players. Larry is a great coach despite the fact he had a losing season this year.

Lobo12 knows how Hanna ran things and that he didn't put up with all the b.s. that went on. He ran the team to the best of his ability. He would be an excellent choice for the Ft. Stockton job, although he would get looked down upon by people in Monahans. But if the pay is better and he wants to go...let him. The Loboes better watch out this coming up year if he is FS coach because they will be ready to play...

WTF-82
03-22-2005, 03:42 PM
I do agree he is a great Coach and will be great in FT. Stockton
he will be good wherever he goes.
The man Coaches and studies the game hard that is why he has
a good history.
It would be fun to see him coach in stockton.

Wtx_coach
03-22-2005, 04:05 PM
Larry Hanna is a GREAT coach, and it should be a great matchup when Stockton matches up with Monahans!
I dont know why people would look down on the man, what do they expect him to do stay there and be a P.E coach the rest of his life!!

oh well
03-22-2005, 04:44 PM
He would be a great hire for anyone I agree. Coach Hanna is a class act. And yes it will add to the Monahans Stockton game that is for sure

CheerMom
03-22-2005, 05:27 PM
Isn't a decision supposed to be made today? Someone let us know.

CheerMom
03-22-2005, 09:02 PM
???

notsofast!
03-22-2005, 09:41 PM
WE WILL FIND OUT BY THE END OF THIS WEEK HOPEFULLY

CheerMom
03-22-2005, 09:43 PM
Please keep us posted!!

Wtx_coach
03-23-2005, 10:15 AM
I HEAR the decision might be made today? I dont know if its true though!!

panther power
03-23-2005, 10:44 AM
i get the scoop tonight at midnight so if anything come sup, i will post it ASAP

This would definitley add fuel to the fire of the Pecos River Shootout.

Wtx_coach
03-23-2005, 11:06 AM
At midnight? Boy thats strange!

one&gone
03-23-2005, 11:24 AM
he is pulling you leg. It is already been choosen take dat to the bank. Hannas the man.

panther power
03-23-2005, 11:27 AM
good scoop, you must be involved with the school in some way. Don't spoil the surprise......

Congrats to Hanna!

one&gone
03-23-2005, 11:29 AM
it was alot tighter then people thought. he was not a shoe in.

panther power
03-23-2005, 11:30 AM
did roark and gossett give him a run, or was it holguin and henson?

CheerMom
03-23-2005, 11:32 AM
Is this official?

Wtx_coach
03-23-2005, 11:33 AM
Nothing is offical yet, from what I hear the committe is not meeting till the afternoon, I could be wrong im going on just rumor now!!

CheerMom
03-23-2005, 11:34 AM
I'm still hoping Rusty pulls it out. Let us know as soon as it is official. Thanks.

Wtx_coach
03-23-2005, 11:40 AM
He still has a good shot!!

one&gone
03-23-2005, 11:54 AM
no he does not. I assure you.

SuperFan#1
03-23-2005, 12:36 PM
I keep hearing Robert Hernandez's name pop up.

Wtx_coach
03-23-2005, 02:35 PM
Originally posted by one&gone
no he does not. I assure you.

No one and gone, I can assure you he does have a shot!!

CheerMom
03-24-2005, 08:24 PM
Did they make a decision today???