PDA

View Full Version : Sinton boys got pounded last night :(

pirate4state
03-15-2005, 10:13 AM
Go here (http://www.thevictoriaadvocate.com/sports/hssports/story/2637526p-3057972c.html) to read the "story". :D Not much to read, though -- the score says it all!!!

:eek: :eek: Victoria Memorial 16 Sinton 1 :eek: :eek:

pirate44
03-15-2005, 10:17 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state
Go here (http://www.thevictoriaadvocate.com/sports/hssports/story/2637526p-3057972c.html) to read the "story". :D Not much to read, though -- the score says it all!!!

:eek: :eek: Victoria Memorial 16 Sinton 1 :eek: :eek:
OUCH. im suprised channel 6 didnt have that story. their sportscast motto is "if Sinton bleeds, it leads"

pirate4state
03-15-2005, 10:23 AM
Originally posted by pirate44
OUCH. im suprised channel 6 didnt have that story. their sportscast motto is "if Sinton bleeds, it leads" No joke. :eyetwitch The game was in Victoria though and they just don't care. :rolleyes: Heck, they didn't even cover the Calallen/Sinton game last week. That is a game that you'd think they'd show up too. Two of the more storied baseball teams in the area and no one shows up to cover the game. :doh: Oh well!

AP Panther Fan
03-15-2005, 10:43 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state
Victoria Memorial 16 Sinton 1

For what it's worth, Victoria Memorial has a really good baseball program also ... 4a right? Our kids in AP have faced them in the past with a similar outcome. Those games aren't fun, but they do serve a purpose.;)

As for the press coverage, I am also surprised the Callallen/Sinton game didn't get more attention. Your guys took 4th in a tournament that was packed with 4a & 5a schools ... I would consider that quite an accomplishment.:)

pirate44
03-15-2005, 10:50 AM
Originally posted by AP Panther Fan
For what it's worth, Victoria Memorial has a really good baseball program also ... 4a right? Our kids in AP have faced them in the past with a similar outcome. Those games aren't fun, but they do serve a purpose.;)

As for the press coverage, I am also surprised the Callallen/Sinton game didn't get more attention. Your guys took 4th in a tournament that was packed with 4a & 5a schools ... I would consider that quite an accomplishment.:)
i think victoria memorial became one of the biggest 5a schools in texas after the consolidation (victoria stingarees and stroman). i think over 4000 students ranking them up there with Houston Memorial.

Stretch04
03-15-2005, 10:50 AM
Ok Sinton should have got pounded, Victoria Memorial has got 4,115 kids enrolled Sinton has 617. Big accomplishment at least Sinton's Coach had the balls to schedule them. They could spend the preseason playing in 2A tournaments and playing weak teams, but that would not make them any better.

pirate4state
03-15-2005, 11:01 AM
Originally posted by Stretch04
Ok Sinton should have got pounded, Victoria Memorial has got 4,115 kids enrolled Sinton has 617. Big accomplishment at least Sinton's Coach had the balls to schedule them. They could spend the preseason playing in 2A tournaments and playing weak teams, but that would not make them any better. True and I understand why Gene schedules these games, but it is still a shock to see first thing in the morning! :p ;)

sinton fan04
03-15-2005, 12:00 PM
Do the varsity boys play tonight.

pirate4state
03-15-2005, 12:24 PM
Originally posted by sinton fan04
Do the varsity boys play tonight. No. They don't play again until the Aviator shoot out this weekend. The softball team opens district tonight at home against Ingleside. :clap:

big daddy russ
03-15-2005, 02:58 PM
Originally posted by pirate44
i think victoria memorial became one of the biggest 5a schools in texas after the consolidation (victoria stingarees and stroman). i think over 4000 students ranking them up there with Houston Memorial.
I know that Plano East is the biggest school in Texas. Heck, they have over 5000 kids. I think Victoria is like the fifth largest school in the state, trailing Plano East, Plano, the Woodlands and Converse Judson... but those figures were from a couple of years back. It could've changed.