PDA

View Full Version : Anyone ever been to Hawaii...? I need help!

kaorder1999
03-14-2005, 10:19 PM
Has anyone on the board been to Hawaii for vacation. I need some tips. I already have airline tickets....I need hotel info. Like where the best, CHEAPEST place is to stay. What island to go to. ETC....

HELP PLEASE!!!!!!!!!

Gobbla2001
03-14-2005, 10:20 PM
Just get a tent... camp on a volcano, the chicks are always hotter there...

Holmes_Fans
03-14-2005, 10:21 PM
I have been to Hawaii. We stayed in Honolulu.

Chief Woodman
03-14-2005, 10:32 PM
Been there, but need more info to help you. If you already have tickets, which Island are you headed to? How long will you be there? How much available money do you have? What activities do you prefer?

Hupernikomen
03-14-2005, 11:06 PM
we got our tickets pretty cheap through an online ticket agent we found off of the travel bureau I think...it wasn't the fanciest hotel but was nice and within comfortable walking distance to the beach...we got a discount because we bought airfare at the same time..was like 250 for 5 nights.

sinton66
03-14-2005, 11:13 PM
Well, if you're flying into Oahu (Honolulu), and you're looking for cheap accomodations, stay far away from Waikiki Beach. Nothing is cheap there. The other two islands I would recommend is the big island of Hawaii itself, and Maui. The big island is the one with the active volcano (used to be able to walk right up to the rim), and Maui has a small seaport called Lahina which used to be the whaling capital of the world( Bunch of resorts up on the north end of the island). There used to be a three masted whaling ship in the marina at Lahina. On Oahu, you might want to visit North Beach where the huge surf is (we're talking 40 foot waves here).

gochargers!!
03-15-2005, 08:03 AM
Two words....PEARL HARBOR

HighSchool Fan
03-15-2005, 08:08 AM
I've been to Maui. It's the most beautiful place i've been to, besides Collinsville:D . I was in the hotel business for 7 years. Don't get suckered into someone saying that you need to stay in a beach front hotel. How long are you really gonna be in the motel? Nothing in Hawaii is cheap, so save some hotel money for your sight seeing.

If you go to Maui, go up to the volcano aroud 4:30am and watch the sun come up on the other side. you can actually sit on the crest of the volcano. The view is awesome.

LH Panther Mom
03-15-2005, 08:16 AM
Originally posted by HighSchool Fan
besides Collinsville:D .

:rolleyes: You obviously need to get out more. :D

pirate4state
03-15-2005, 09:56 AM
Originally posted by HighSchool Fan
I've been to Maui. It's the most beautiful place i've been to, besides Collinsville:D . I was in the hotel business for 7 years. Don't get suckered into someone saying that you need to stay in a beach front hotel. How long are you really gonna be in the motel? Nothing in Hawaii is cheap, so save some hotel money for your sight seeing.

If you go to Maui, go up to the volcano aroud 4:30am and watch the sun come up on the other side. you can actually sit on the crest of the volcano. The view is awesome. :clap: I was a travel agent for 10 years and I was lucky enough to go to Maui twice! :D Thinking back I should've gone to the other islands while I was there, but Maui is just so beautiful. HSF is right, don't waste your money on a beach front hotel. You'll need it for food & activities. The sunrise volcano suggestion is a MUST!! :thumbsup: You won't regret it, but make sure to bundle up. Have fun!!