PDA

View Full Version : Pat Green

GOFOR2
03-13-2005, 09:30 AM
He put on a great show last night. Had a blast.

Maroon87
03-13-2005, 09:49 AM
My wife and I saw him Friday night here at the rodeo. He looks like he has a lot of fun on stage. Some performers kinda go through the motions but not him.

pirate44
03-13-2005, 01:44 PM
great show indeed. i wish they woulda had Django walker on the main stage. he is a better entertainer than Aaron Watson. dont get me wrong, aaron was good, but django is more of a concert entertainer. Gary Allan was great as always. And like GOFOR2 said, Pat Green was awesome. cant wait till next year. weather couldnt have been better for an outdoor concert:thumbsup:

SPF25
03-13-2005, 05:46 PM
I was not a big fan of pat green till last year when we saw the concert. He grows on you. I really like his energy. I personally was there to see Gary Allen. Gary Allen packed in as much music as he could play, which makes it worth the money. lol Like it was so expensive. Both had great performances.:D

Gobbla2001
03-13-2005, 05:47 PM
I've seen Pat Green a couple of times Shroeder hall in between a Victoria/Goliad/Cuero triangle (2nd oldest dancehall in Texas, prolly the smallest too), he is a GREAT entertainer...

I'm a fan of his pre-Nashville stuff, but I'd prefer 'his' Nashville over the others...

big daddy russ
03-13-2005, 07:59 PM
You know, SPF25, I'm opposite. I really got into him when I was a senior in HS (circa 1997) through a buddy of mine and loved him up until about two years ago. When he changed his style I kinda stopped following him. Not because I hate him as a person or anything... I just don't care for that style of music. But it seems to have given him a much larger following, so you can't argue with the results.

Ranger05
03-13-2005, 11:46 PM
he is a good entertainer

superslyguy06
03-14-2005, 12:10 AM
I'm with big daddy russ. . . I guess I started listening to him when my older brother did in like '00 or so? I don't recall completely. Then it was like I just stopped one day, but I still love his old stuff.
Oh, and the one concert I did go to was the best concert I've ever been to.

pirate44
03-14-2005, 08:01 AM
Originally posted by superslyguy06
I'm with big daddy russ. . . I guess I started listening to him when my older brother did in like '00 or so? I don't recall completely. Then it was like I just stopped one day, but I still love his old stuff.
Oh, and the one concert I did go to was the best concert I've ever been to.
the way i see it is an evolution in song writing. im sure there isnt one artist in music these days who hasnt changed in sound or style over the years. his stuff today may be different than his earlier work, but it is still completely different than anyone else you will hear on the radio and in my opinion maintains the integrity and Texas influence all his music has. and when you get in that concert setting, especially in a relaxed outdoor venue, all his music melds together. that is what makes the live show so special.

superslyguy06
03-14-2005, 11:42 AM
yeah, you make a good point.

big daddy russ
03-14-2005, 11:53 AM
Originally posted by pirate44
the way i see it is an evolution in song writing. im sure there isnt one artist in music these days that has a change in sound or style over the years. his stuff today may be different than his earlier work, but it is still completely different than anyone else you will hear on the radio and in my opinion maintains the integrity and Texas influence all his music has. and when you get in that concert setting, especially in a relaxed outdoor venue, all his music melds together. that is what makes the live show so special.

I love his shows and I'm not bashing him at all, but I haven't bought any of his CD's since him and Cory Morrow got together on "Songs we Wished we'd Written." He's a little too poppy for me now... almost sounds like something that could come out on 96.5 Tha Beach... today's best music. I just can't get into top 40 for the life of me, no matter how much my girlfriend uses her Jedi mind tricks.;)

Although there are a couple of his newer songs that I do like (just like there is one Backstreet Boys song that I like... oops, did I say that out loud), I tend to stick to the older stuff, and that's fine with me. He's got plenty of it out there.

pirate44
03-14-2005, 12:04 PM
j/k
Originally posted by big daddy russ
I love his shows and I'm not bashing him at all, but I haven't bought any of his CD's since him and Cory Morrow got together on "Songs we Wished we'd Written." He's a little too poppy for me now... almost sounds like something that could come out on 96.5 Tha Beach... today's best music. I just can't get into top 40 for the life of me, no matter how much my girlfriend uses her Jedi mind tricks.;)

Although there are a couple of his newer songs that I do like (just like there is one Backstreet Boys song that I like... oops, did I say that out loud), I tend to stick to the older stuff, and that's fine with me. He's got plenty of it out there.
:thinking: hmm..back street boys huh? :D j/k. this world would be boring if we all shared the same opinion. id bet money youre a R.E.K. fan

AP Panther Fan
03-14-2005, 12:57 PM
I heard "an interesting" song the other day on 95.5 (a station I don't normally listen too). I believe the artist is foreign, because I am having a heck of a time finding anything about it in english.

It has a good beat, but the funny part is...you can't understand a word of it. It sounds like blah, blah, blah...b b b b blah, blah, blah .... I believe the name is CHACARRON MACARRON or something like that. Anyone heard it?

It's one of those songs you just keep listening to while you grin and try to figure out "what the heck"?:rolleyes: :D

Sinton94
03-14-2005, 01:06 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by AP Panther Fan
[B]I heard "an interesting" song the other day on 95.5 (a station I don't normally listen too).

I thought all the songs on 95.5 sounded like that!:D :D

Sinton94
03-14-2005, 01:06 PM
blah, blah, blah...b b b b blah, blah, blah that is!

AP Panther Fan
03-14-2005, 01:10 PM
Originally posted by Sinton94
[QUOTE]Originally posted by AP Panther Fan
[B]I heard "an interesting" song the other day on 95.5 (a station I don't normally listen too).

I thought all the songs on 95.5 sounded like that!:D :D

LOL...this one is even worse. I think they intentionally sing the entire song so you could not (even if you wanted to) understand it.

It is the strangest darn thing...watch it be the "next" Macarena or something.:D

bbbb blah, blah, blah..blah, blah bbb blah!:D

Sinton94
03-14-2005, 01:16 PM
Love to help ya, and I do like all kinds of music, but I can't take 3 seconds of 95.5 much less three minutes. :hand:

AP Panther Fan
03-14-2005, 01:23 PM
Originally posted by Sinton94
Love to help ya, and I do like all kinds of music, but I can't take 3 seconds of 95.5 much less three minutes. :hand:

LOL...the only reason I had it on was because my daughter had just gotten out of the car and I must have been in a fog that day and left it on instead of changing it ... as I normally do.;)

Sinton94
03-14-2005, 01:30 PM
I hear you! My son does the same thing to me. I guess I'm officially old! :doh:
I remember when my mom wouldn't let me listen to C101!

20dawgz05
03-14-2005, 04:50 PM
awwww!!!! i was gonna go but the boys decided they didnt want to drive there! grrrrr

big daddy russ
03-14-2005, 05:05 PM
j/k
:thinking: hmm..back street boys huh? :D j/k. this world would be boring if we all shared the same opinion. id bet money youre a R.E.K. fan
I'm a huge fan of REK, but my favorite Texas artists are Max Stalling, Owen Temple and some older Cooder Graw (Switching Gears and all the albums before then). I'm more into the laid back stuff and I love me some Spanish Geeeetar.

pirate44
03-14-2005, 05:11 PM
I'm a huge fan of REK, but my favorite Texas artists are Max Stalling, Owen Temple and some older Cooder Graw (Switching Gears and all the albums before then). I'm more into the laid back stuff and I love me some Spanish Geeeetar.
we saw owen temple a couple years ago when he played with PG, Gary P. Nunn, kevin Fowler and a few others. great show. lasted bout all day

big daddy russ
03-14-2005, 06:31 PM
we saw owen temple a couple years ago when he played with PG, Gary P. Nunn, kevin Fowler and a few others. great show. lasted bout all day
Was that at Bocktoberfest?

SPF25
03-14-2005, 06:44 PM
Was that at Bocktoberfest?
was about this time 2 years ago at Concrete Street.

Panther Ross
03-15-2005, 11:06 AM
I saw him and it sucked.

Panther Ross
03-15-2005, 11:55 AM
Man I had surgery recently and it killed me during the show also.

big daddy russ
03-15-2005, 03:38 PM
Originally posted by Panther Ross
I saw him and it sucked.
Are you more into the George Strait-type performers?