PDA

View Full Version : Big XII tourney championship game

LH Panther Mom
03-12-2005, 06:50 PM
OSU pulled of the win against KU, 78-75. The attempt at 3-ptr by KU to tie was no good.

Championship game will be TTU vs OSU. Two legendary coaches will help make this a great game.

gobbler84
03-12-2005, 06:51 PM
Should be a great game. Can't wait!

Bandera YaYa
03-12-2005, 08:29 PM
Did you see the way Knight was yelling at his player...his face was so red...I thought he was gonna bust a gasket!!

punt
03-12-2005, 09:08 PM
Just glad tt pulled off the upset of ou. If JamesOn is on fire tomorrow Knight may show his true self and once again embarrass tt.

LH Panther Mom
03-13-2005, 01:45 PM
Originally posted by punt
Just glad tt pulled off the upset of ou. If JamesOn is on fire tomorrow Knight may show his true self and once again embarrass tt.

Wow! That's a revelation! Bob Knight has a temper. I am TRULY shocked. :rolleyes: Embarrass Tech? I hardly think so. If you know anything about the program and what he has done for it, you might not say that.

HighSchool Fan
03-13-2005, 01:48 PM

when was the last time that he embarrassed TT

sahen
03-13-2005, 03:06 PM
i'll be pulling for tech......but i'll miss the end of it cause of work....oh well....go raiders :)

LH Panther Mom
03-13-2005, 05:17 PM
Way too many turnovers. :(

punt
03-13-2005, 05:37 PM
Well, in the game tt just lost he was kicking something, looked like a chair, at the end of the scorers table. I doubt that another school in this country would have allowed a coach to talk to the Chancellor the way BK did last year. He has such a great bb mind but such an uncontrollable temper. He needs to retire. You notice that the top recruits in the country don't go play for him. He takes the others and makes really good players out of them . Wonder how far tt would go if they got just a few top players. Ever see Barnes, Sampson, Self, Coach K or Sutton kicking chairs or hear of them cussing the Chancellor. Yep, he is an embarrassment. I guess you think he is ok since he hasn't choked or slapped any players, that we know of since he has been at tt.

HighSchool Fan
03-13-2005, 05:50 PM
Punt, are you any kin to Jim Grey, you seem to want to start a fire when there isn't one there. Sutton and Coach K are the only ones in that group that you can ever compare to Knight. What has Barnes or Sampson ever won. I don't care for Knight at all, but he is something that Barnes or Sampson isn't. He's a coach that has a national championship. I think your jealous of Bobby Knight because he is his own man. He's not a "yes ma'am" like most coaches are. You say that all he does is get average players and make them better, what is a coach suppose to do?

I would have no problem letting my son play for Bobby Knight, a proven winner.

LH Panther Mom
03-13-2005, 06:16 PM
Well, in the game tt just lost he was kicking something, looked like a chair, at the end of the scorers table. I doubt that another school in this country would have allowed a coach to talk to the Chancellor the way BK did last year. He has such a great bb mind but such an uncontrollable temper. He needs to retire. You notice that the top recruits in the country don't go play for him. He takes the others and makes really good players out of them . Wonder how far tt would go if they got just a few top players. Ever see Barnes, Sampson, Self, Coach K or Sutton kicking chairs or hear of them cussing the Chancellor. Yep, he is an embarrassment. I guess you think he is ok since he hasn't choked or slapped any players, that we know of since he has been at tt.

Yes, it was a chair & no I do not agree with it. You hear about these things, such as the Chancellor situation, because of the reputation that he has. People look for situations to happen and if had been another coach kicking a chair, there would have been no replay. I doubt there is another school in the country that the Chancellor would try to resolve an issue in a restaurant - they have offices for that, which is where those types of meetings should take place...behind closed doors.

Texas Tech does not get top recruits period. In any sport. That has absolutely nothing to do with Bob Knight. The fact that he took the team to the tourney championship for the first time in Big 12 history says a lot about his ability as a coach. I remember what the men's basketball program was like before he came and he has turned it and attendance around. There are many personable & likable coaches in the nation - Bob Knight isn't one of them. There are not many coaches that does what he is able to do with the talent he gets, though.

Go root for your Aggies in the NIT......IF they happen to get in, that is.

punt
03-13-2005, 06:36 PM
The only reason I mentioned the other coaches was because they can control their temper, they do not have BK's coaching smarts. Sampson does a lot of whining and sometimes rolls on the floor and likes to pat the refs on the butt but he doesn't throw things.

You are right that the deal with the Chancellor should have taken place behind closed doors. BK should have shown him respect because of his position, he didn't. BK confronted the Chancellor, if the Lubbock paper reported correctly, that tells me he lost control and the Chancellor sure didn't help matters. BK should have gotten the boot right then. Maybe Meyers has him somewhat under control.

Who is Jim Grey?

I am not an Aggie, but I do like what BC has done there. Coach Sutton and I have the same alma mater.

GO COWBOYS!!!!!!