PDA

View Full Version : A lot of folks can eat crow! :)

Phil C
03-12-2005, 06:09 PM
Especially Region 1 and Region 3. Pardon my use of an old expression but every year folks say Region 4 doesn't even belong in the final 4 but let's consider this year's results. Van beats AP by TEN points. Graham beats Diboll by Nine points. Then Graham gets whipped by Van in the finals by TWENTY-ONE POINTS. That tells me that Aransas Pass played the best against Van of the three teams and that maybe the real State Championship was between Van and AP and had AP played Graham and Diboll in the semis they would probably beat them. Van stood up above all the teams of course. But it turns out Aransas Pass and Region 4 did much better than expected after all! Thank you for representing Region 4 Panthers! Great Job! You should have been the State Runner-Ups! :)

HighSchool Fan
03-12-2005, 06:12 PM
Phil are you saying that AP has taken Forney's place as the 2nd best team in 3A? :D

Phil C
03-12-2005, 06:13 PM
Originally posted by HighSchool Fan
Phil are you saying that AP has taken Forney's place as the 2nd best team in 3A? :D

In basketball you got it! :)

mwynn05
03-12-2005, 06:15 PM
Originally posted by Phil C
Especially Region 1 and Region 3. Pardon my use of an old expression but every year folks say Region 4 doesn't even belong in the final 4 but let's consider this year's results. Van beats AP by TEN points. Graham beats Diboll by Nine points. Then Graham gets whipped by Van in the finals by TWENTY-ONE POINTS. That tells me that Aransas Pass played the best against Van of the three teams and that maybe the real State Championship was between Van and AP and had AP played Graham and Diboll in the semis they would probably beat them. Van stood up above all the teams of course. But it turns out Aransas Pass and Region 4 did much better than expected after all! Thank you for representing Region 4 Panthers! Great Job! You should have been the State Runner-Ups! :) you can't compare scores like that things like style of play affect that

superslyguy06
03-12-2005, 08:18 PM
Phil that is the most ignorant thing i have ever heard AP must have been the 2nd best team there. They were by far the worst i don't even see how they made it there Graham and Diboll would have romped them. I thought you had a little bit of common sense about sports

SintonFan
03-12-2005, 08:28 PM
Originally posted by superslyguy06
Phil that is the most ignorant thing i have ever heard AP must have been the 2nd best team there. They were by far the worst i don't even see how they made it there Graham and Diboll would have romped them. I thought you had a little bit of common sense about sports
LET ME AT HIM BOSS!!!!!:flamingma
HE CALLED YOU IGNANT!!!!!:eek: :eek: :eek:

big daddy russ
03-12-2005, 08:34 PM
In the past four years, AP's been to Austin three times. Here's how they've fared:

2002:
Gainesville 71
Aransas Pass 68

Gainesville romped Kountze 79-62 in the championship.

2003:
Everman 86
Aransas Pass 58

Everman romped Tatum 72-44 in the championship.

2005:
Van 61
AP 51

Van romped Graham (I don't know the final score) in the championship.

Does anybody notice a pattern (besides AP losing)? Sure, Everman romped AP, but if you know anything about that team you know they romped everyone, regardless of class. Every other year they've been competitive. Close may only count in horseshoes and hand grenades, but if you're from Graham, or Tatum (2003) or Kountze (2002), would you have wanted AP in the Semis?

SintonFan
03-12-2005, 09:14 PM
Leave it up to bdr to insert some sanity here.:cool:

Adidas410s
03-13-2005, 01:34 AM
Originally posted by SintonFan

You just dont read well do you? He said "that is the most ignorant thing I have ever heard." He was merely disagreeing with the comment...NOT the person! Gah...idiot! :D

That aside, APass is definitely doing something right as is indicated by their results that past few years. However, they may have not been the 2nd best team. To determine this you must look past the overall score and look at more telling stats...such as shooting %'s, TO's, rebs, etc. One thing to point out is that while Graham shot over 50% in the semis (and 46% on 3PFG's) they only shot 26.4% (11.8% on 3's) against Van in the finals. By comparison, Van shot 43% in the semis and 50% in the finals. The amount of TO's by both teams was MUCH higher in the finals than the semis but most of Graham's were on steals (I believe Van had 15 steals) and most lead to points in transition. Long and short, you can compare any set of numbers that you want to skew a story to fit what you want it to say...heck politicians do it all the time! :thinking:

Congrats to all teams that made it to state. You were very deserving of your accomplishments this season!

AP-fan
03-13-2005, 08:20 AM
Phil, I like your spin on this. Truthfully, if Graham and Dibboll played again it could be the other way. I saw the game and Grahams L Berend couldn't miss. Dibolls J-Mike couldn't buy a basket, missed 2 wide open dunks, on one he was the only one on that side of the court.

Saturday, L Berend struggles for 15 and fouls out late in the game.

Anyway... regardless of the outcome, and whatever the sport. If your playing this late in the season, your pretty darn good.

PhiI C
03-13-2005, 02:39 PM
Statistics are interesting but it is the final score of the game that determines the winner and loser.

PhiI C
03-13-2005, 02:42 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan

Thanks SintonFan but no problem-I have been called worse! lol
But quick get me New Mexico on the line - I am going to sue!! :D

j/k A little humor there! :)

SintonFan
03-14-2005, 12:13 PM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
You just dont read well do you? He said "that is the most ignorant thing I have ever heard." He was merely disagreeing with the comment...NOT the person! Gah...idiot! :D

Adidas410s, don't you know I'm Phil C's right hand man and PhiI C's left hand man?;)
I'm the thug enforcer for the GodFather...:D :p