PDA

View Full Version : Superslyguy.. would you like your crow sub toasted?

VWG
03-12-2005, 12:42 PM
Bold prediction made by Superslyguy for a Graham hoops state championship.
Going to the 4th qtr. Van is up by about 20 over Graham.
Crow will be served after the game....

Adidas410s
03-12-2005, 01:48 PM
In case you didnt notice, he repeatedly said that it WASN'T HIM that made those first posts. I can vouch for him because I am his older brother and know that he is a better speller than that. He does have a bad habit of leaving himself auto logged in which is a problem with as often as his "more brazen" friends like to use his computer when over at the house. As he said, he wasn't even at the game because I was with him during the game so it would be hard for him to comment on things that he "saw" at the game. Rip your head out of your rear already...

HighSchool Fan
03-12-2005, 02:16 PM
your responsible for what is posted under your name. take the crow like a man

Adidas410s
03-12-2005, 04:31 PM
Originally posted by HighSchool Fan
your responsible for what is posted under your name. take the crow like a man

He would be responsible for it if he said it or had knowledge of it...but he didnt. Stop being so anal and PLEASE give the phrase "eat crow" a break. It's SO OVERUSED on this board that its ridiculous. Come up with something original already.

HighSchool Fan
03-12-2005, 04:35 PM
ask Phil C about someone posting on your sign-on. your responsible for what is posted under your name.

Holmes_Fans
03-12-2005, 05:01 PM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
PLEASE give the phrase "eat crow" a break. It's SO OVERUSED on this board that its ridiculous. Come up with something original already.
I was thinking that same thing

Originally posted by HighSchool Fan
your responsible for what is posted under your name.
I was thinking that to though

mwynn05
03-12-2005, 05:10 PM
He would be responsible for it if he said it or had knowledge of it...but he didnt. Stop being so anal and PLEASE give the phrase "eat crow" a break. It's SO OVERUSED on this board that its ridiculous. Come up with something original already. wow we need a crying face for this baby

Gobbla2001
03-12-2005, 05:20 PM
Reponsible for what is posted under your own name? Maybe by internet policy or something, but by the common sense? You are responsible for your OWN actions... The action in this case was a 'bold prediction', not staying signed into a user name...

Geez

sinton66
03-12-2005, 05:37 PM
Here's a quote from the general information section of the 3A Downlow rules.

Each member is held responsible for what happens under their username. It is recommended that you "log out" when you leave the site.

People who read comments on message boards have no idea who the author is. The ONLY thing you can go by is the screen name. It is the owner of that screen name's responsibility to preserve his/her own integrity.

Things have been posted on this board before that shouldn't have been. You probably don't know how many times we've heard this excuse. It really isn't an acceptable defense anymore.

Adidas410s
03-12-2005, 05:41 PM
Originally posted by sinton66
Here's a quote from the general information section of the 3A Downlow rules.

People who read comments on message boards have no idea who the author is. The ONLY thing you can go by is the screen name. It is the owner of that screen name's responsibility to preserve his/her own integrity.

Things have been posted on this board before that shouldn't have been. You probably don't know how many times we've heard this excuse. It really isn't an acceptable defense anymore.

When you consider things in generalities then you will always end up looking like an idiot in the end. The only right way to handle things is to view them on a case-by-case basis and determine where you stand based on the information before you. The guy stated his case and I am vouching for him. Maybe you can't put credibility in him because he hasn't been on here as long but I have been here as long as anybody else and I wouldn't vouch for him if I didn't believe him. So get off the guy's case already....

Phil C
03-12-2005, 05:52 PM
Er ug what was the final score of the game?

BIGHANK
03-12-2005, 05:52 PM
eat it, eat it, eat it!!!!!!!!

Diboll_Lumberjackk
03-12-2005, 05:56 PM
crowwwwwwww

LH Panther Mom
03-12-2005, 05:57 PM
Originally posted by Phil C
Er ug what was the final score of the game?

62-41, Van.

Phil C
03-12-2005, 05:59 PM
Thank you LH!

Adidas410s
03-12-2005, 06:04 PM
Originally posted by Diboll_Lumberjackk
crowwwwwwww

remind me how Diboll did again...oh thats right they lost to Graham! :eek:

HighSchool Fan
03-12-2005, 06:08 PM

ouch!! that one hurt :rolleyes:

Diboll_Lumberjackk
03-12-2005, 06:26 PM

Hey all that matters is graham didnt win :)

superslyguy06
03-12-2005, 06:36 PM
point #1- GREAT job Van. Ya'll played a good game and deserved to be where ya'll are. Congrats.

point #2- yeah, I screwed up. So here's the deal. Somebody on this board. . . ANYBODY that has NEVER, NOT ONCE in their lives made a mistake, make me that "burger" and heck, I'll go back for seconds, but until that person comes forward, let's end it. Thanks.

Diboll_Lumberjackk
03-12-2005, 07:07 PM
heh.

Gobbla2001
03-12-2005, 07:22 PM
Stand up guy, this superslyguy is...

As I've said, policy is used, but for banning, not this annoying crow stuff...

sinton66
03-12-2005, 07:43 PM
No one was saying anything about banning, that never entered the equation. My response was to your comment. It was also to point out the rule in the case of serious rules violations. People have been rommed for things that were posted under their username, and came back with the excuse that it was somebody else. That's why the verbage is what it is in the rules section.

In this particular case, the young man COULD have edited or deleted any or all comments made under his username to protect his own integrity. Every poster has the ability to do that. Perhaps he didn't know that, perhaps he agreed with the statement, how is a mere reader to know?

I'm not condemming anybody, merely explaining the rules, and the reasoning behind them. Basically, anyone reading this thread needs to understand that there are serious things that can happen if you don't log out when you leave the site.

superslyguy06
03-12-2005, 08:13 PM
Ok here it is it wasnt the reall superslyguy it was me. I will take all the crow yall can serve we did get our butts whipped Van has a heck of a team we didn't come out to play either but still it would have been tough to beat them.

1 more thought All you diboll people you dont need to say anything yall were the ones talking all this trash before we handed it to yall. Yall talked way more trash than i did all i said was Steers STATE CHAMPIONS

Oh yea to the real SSG I wont be on your name any more b/c these old people just can't handle me i guess

Great season Steers great run now on to track and baseball

CHS_CG
03-12-2005, 08:22 PM
Originally posted by superslyguy06
Oh yea to the real SSG I wont be on your name any more b/c these old people just can't handle me i guess

If you want to make ur opinion heard so bad.. get your own name.. its not that hard.

Holmes_Fans
03-12-2005, 08:24 PM
Dumb kids, trying to act all big and bad when they can't do squat in real life.

LH Panther Mom
03-12-2005, 09:24 PM
Originally posted by CHS_CG
If you want to make ur opinion heard so bad.. get your own name.. its not that hard.

That would've been my point if I had been here to make it. :p :D

big daddy russ
03-12-2005, 09:31 PM
point #2- yeah, I screwed up. So here's the deal. Somebody on this board. . . ANYBODY that has NEVER, NOT ONCE in their lives made a mistake, make me that "burger" and heck, I'll go back for seconds, but until that person comes forward, let's end it. Thanks.
I've never made a mistake.:D And I may be old but I guess I could put up with you kiddos a little longer.

By the way, your burgers are ready.

CHS_CG
03-12-2005, 09:37 PM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
I've never made a mistake.:D And I may be old but I guess I could put up with you kiddos a little longer.

By the way, your burgers are ready.

You are not old! btw what r u serving him with that burger?

big daddy russ
03-12-2005, 09:41 PM
Originally posted by CHS_CG
You are not old! btw what r u serving him with that burger?
Cole slaw and green beans. I was going to make some humble pie, but they've had enough for one day.

PhiI C
03-13-2005, 02:36 PM
Hey Big Daddy didn't Graham lose to Van a lot worse that Aransas Pass did? :D