PDA

View Full Version : SEALY 22 - COLUMBUS 0

Tiger Turtle
10-31-2003, 11:50 PM
Tigers' win over Cardinals sets up showdown game in Bellville next week for district championship.

Pudlugger
10-31-2003, 11:52 PM
Nice win TT good luck next week. It should be an interesting game. I don't think Bellville has faced a team like Sealy since RC. Was your big center back for tonight?

Brahma73
10-31-2003, 11:58 PM
Saw the game. Andrus was not a big factor. Birds stuffed him pretty well & I'm not sure he got 100. Big difference was Brantley. Had several big runs around end where he's tough to bring down. The Cards would have had to play error free and win the field position battle. They did neither, but put up some kinda gutsy effort.

Highlight for me was #24 Wood's kickoff return of 97 yards that was brought back because his knee hit at the 3. (Some turnaround!) Although it was in vain, that was one of the more exciting plays I've ever seen. Hats of to you, Eric!

the tigers are back
11-01-2003, 12:04 AM
No he wasn't, but he was wearing all of his gears.I think it was best that he made the right decision not to play in this game.I think we did good especially without our big guard #76 not playing tonight.We had to sarters not playing on the big 0-line.I just hope that we be ready for the game we have next week in the pasture of pain. wink eek!

sealyianite
11-01-2003, 12:14 AM
Now people of texas, do you finally see that the sealy tigers are for real this year??? At an impressive 8-1 record and 4-0 in district, it will the game of the district, area, region, and state when sealy plays bellville for the district title??? I think the boys have a good chance on stopping the brahma offensive and the tiger offensive is coming around!!!!!! It will be a good show down next week at pasture of pain!!!

Tiger Turtle
11-01-2003, 12:20 AM
Rob and Rick Hluchan both suited up but did not play. Emshoff was limping badly running onto the field after the half. He was just released to play today by the doctor and the coaching staff didn't want him to try to play on it yet. Hope he can progress fast enough to get in a few plays against Bellville, we'll see how it goes. Cards did a good job keeping Andrus from breaking the long one, but Sealy rolled up 288 rushing on 58 carries and 20 first downs. They controlled the clock and kept Columbus' offense off the field. Cards managed only 4 first downs against Tiger defense. Next week should be like old times as the Tigers and Brahmas square off for the district title, both coming in with 4-0 district records.

fullhouse
11-01-2003, 10:24 AM
Mrs. E said he was feeling great until the Dr. made him hop around on the leg (before giving him the release)! He's really hoping to see some time against Bellville ~ that's been his goal all year (to get back in by then). Go Rob! Good to have ya back, bud.

the tigers are back
11-02-2003, 05:58 PM
Oh... i just pray that those guys on both side off the team are injuries free,but i'm so glad that both of our powerful linemens are back in the pack again.I would love to see both guys play,but on the other hand i would like to see them take this week off.I would like to see them to be ready for the play-offs,but hey those kids knows how much they can take.I wish you all the best#52 #55 #76 and you wonder why sealy has not really blown out too many teams.I know that with those 3 guys back for the bellville game it could make the difference.I would love too see big gregg go to stay on the line at guard or tackle since rob may be playing back at center.I'm sure coach Fayldyn know's best for the tigers what a excellent job the coaching staff has done with those kids. eek! wink :)

Tiger Turtle
11-03-2003, 10:20 AM
I doubt that Rob will play very much against Bellville. It will take time for him to get that leg back into shape and the O-line has been playing well so messing with the chemistry is something you do with caution this late in the season. Moving Greg to guard is an idea that might get some consideration when Rob is healthy. Remember, Mark Faldyn was the O-line coach durng the 63-1 streak when we had a couple of years that no O-lineman missed a down due to injury. Point being, Mark knows O-line coaching better than most HCs. Coach Gann has done a good job, with steady improvement as the season goes on.

the tigers are back
11-03-2003, 09:11 PM
I'm sure that coach Faldyn will make the right decission,but what you failed to realize is that Rob been waiting for this game.I just hope he don't push himself too hard and rick let's go "HULK" i've been waiting too see ya play.I just hope that we can play together and not loose focus on what we come to do.Win the disrict title which belongs to the tigers.I know that bellville will not just give it to us,but we sure hope to give you a fight for the title.I wish both teams the best in a injury free game. :D wink :mad:

Tiger Turtle
11-04-2003, 10:56 AM
I know Rob has been pointing to the Bellville game to return to the field, but it was painful watching him run down the field last Friday night. Rob still has D1 scholarship offers in hand and we would all hate to see him jeopardize his future by coming back a week too soon. I know that Mark and Coach Gann will make the best decision for Rob as well as for the program. Hopefully another week of practice will get him to the point where the he is clearly ready to play amd make the decision easy.