PDA

View Full Version : Buy a ticket for Corey!

bulldog65
12-18-2002, 02:04 PM
Pasted this from another post site. Feel free to pass to other sites if known.

Thank you high school football players (all high school athletes for that matter)! What would we do without you? We the fans take each win and loss so seriously. You guys put forth all of the work and we get to sit back and enjoy it.

Look at other forms of entertainment that consumers purchase. For the most part, those that actually do the performing generally get paid, but not the high school athlete. These boys and girls do it for the love of the game, and we love them for it!

Now we have a young man that has been severely injured playing for his school in a State Championship game, and it is time that we give back. These boys give to us every Friday night, and I beg that we all give back! If each fan in Texas gave $6 (average cost of admission to a high school football game) to the Corey Fullbright Fund, just think of the money his family would have to help with his medical bills?

Feel free to forward this to as many high school football fans you know!

Thank you

Donations can be made to:

Corey Fullbright Fund
Attn: Debbie Oliver
Bank1 Everman
Mail Code TX1-3104
1000 Everman Parkway
Fort Worth, TX 76140

GO DRAGONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted on 12/18 10:24 AM | IP: 205.188.209.13

I shamelesly copied this from another message board. But I am willing to do anything to help Corey and his family. If anyone out there have some good ideas for raising money, please pm me.

pero chato
12-18-2002, 02:30 PM
Bulldog65, that is a great idea. To add more ideas--we've decided to skip the "family movie night" this month and donate to the fund. How about a "skip pizza week" or even a month? This time of year it's tough to find extra money, but if we look hard at what we are currently spending it on and think about the good it can do in Corey's situation, I think we can all find a little extra that we can donate. We're keeping Corey and his family in our prayers, too.

Goob
12-18-2002, 06:33 PM
This is a copy of the e-mail that I have sent out to all of my friends and family. Maybe it will help out with donations for this young man. GOD bless him!!!

Mark

Hello Everyone, I am sending a message out to all of my friends and family to ask for help for a gravely injured young man from Everman High School. His name is Corey Fullbright and he is a senior this year and was a cornerback for the Everman High School team. During the state championship game this last Saturday he suffered an broken neck while making a tackle and it has been determined that he will be a quadriplegic and that he will never be able to walk or use his arms again. This young man comes from a single parent household and they do not have a whole lot of money. I am hoping that we can all help out what we can and donate to the Corey Fullbright fund that has been set up an the Bank One in Everman.

Corey Fullbright Fund
Attn: Debbie Oliver
Bank1 Everman
Mail Code TX1-3104
1000 Everman Parkway
Fort Worth, TX 76140

bulldog65
12-18-2002, 06:53 PM
pero chato and goob are two of my favorite people in the whole world!!! Anyone with a great idea for raising money gets 5 STARS from me!

I, bulldog65, being of (sound???) mind, do hereby promise to give a FIVE STAR rating to any poster who makes a donation to the Corey Fullbright Fund. It doesn't matter how big or small, in fact I don't even want to know. Just put your name on this post and pledge to give and I will give not 1, not 2,etc,etc, but FIVE STARS ! Thank you and God Bless!

<small>[ December 18, 2002, 06:06 PM: Message edited by: bulldog65 ]</small>

Bandera YaYa
12-18-2002, 09:40 PM
Thanks for the address, I'll be sending in mu donation as well as asking around town for additional monies. Our Bulldogs play in the State game Saturday and I know what you mean about it being such great entertainment at such a great risk that these boys are willing to make, to let us yell and scream. Corey and his family are in our prayers for sure. Being a single mom, too, I can't imagine how scared and helpless Corey's mom feels....God Bless her and give her the strength she'll certainly need to help Corey. I'm so proud of all you guys posting such wonderful things in honor of Corey...to help someone you don't even know...Let's all remember what is really important in this life...love your families with all your heart....Peace to each of you and have a safe and Merry Christmas!

bulldog65
12-19-2002, 04:54 AM
Good luck in the game and I'll be praying for an injury free contest! Thank you.

bd0707
12-19-2002, 08:55 AM
I live in Buchanan Dam, a community about 15 miles to the west of Burnet. About half of the kids here go to Llano schools and the other half go to Burnet schools, our 4 kids go to Burnet. I manage a convienance store here,so I decided to put out a cannister for Corey in one day it collected over $100.00.so the next morning I went to Dollar General and picked up 24 more jars. I opted to take these jars to other stores and resturants outside of the Burnet area, I brought them to Llano, Kingsland, Granite Shoals and Marble Falls, without exception they were recieved by managers with tears welling up in their eyes or hands reaching in their pockets to get the ball rolling. My heart is warmed, my spirit renewed, I am touched by a greater sense of community than I have ever known. For these feelings at this time of the year I am grateful to Corey Fullbright and his Mom. Merry Christmas and God Bless the Hill Country.

bulldog65
12-20-2002, 04:04 PM
Awesome job people!!! found this on another board from the Ennis Independant School District.
Just got word that the Ennis ISD will be selling "Donation tickets" for Corey Fullbright (JAN 6-Jan 17). The tickets will sell for $8, but they will be accepting any donation amount!
I hope more communites will do something similar!

Pray for Corey!

It just keeps getting better and better!