PDA

View Full Version : Who are the regular home run hitters for your HS baseball & softball?

Old Cardinal
03-11-2005, 09:07 AM
I thought it might be interesting to hear some statewide comments on just who can poke it over the fence in 3A.
I will start it out with Bridge City--
1. Darryl Stevens got another one yesterday in the BC Tournament
2. Cody Sparks gets one fairly often.
3. Hunter Hays is prolific--they usually just put him on base now.
4. Ben Myers bats cleanup and hit two yesterday.
They have some others that can do it but not as often. It is interesting now in that they continue to not pitch to Hunter batting third and them Ben knocks it over the fence! I laughed last night when(after Ben sent Hunter home via a home run) Kelly opted to also put Ben on base the next time at bat... LOL They beat Lumberton 10-1 and when I left it was BC 4 Kelly O in the fifth.

Softball--We have Meagan Godwin who has been All-State for years that soars a softball over the fence quite regularly. She heads for Louisiana Layafette next season to join her ole Catcher buddy Jessica LeMoine. That team should be in the hunt for a National Championship with the girls off the Beaumont Blast(2nd in the Nation, 18 & U AFA from 148 teams in the Tournament). The good programs in the Golden Triangle and the girls out of Denham Springs, LA that anchor that stout softball team are quite a combination.

Please tell us about your HSs home run hitters--both boys and girls....

onfirebball05mustang
03-11-2005, 09:44 AM
Our baseball team?

Hmm... looking at the stats sofar this season, it's been T. Burford and M. Burford that have been leading the way...too early to tell, but I think all of our seniors are going to do quite well this season. Good Luck, Mustangs! (We play LH tonight...should be a good game :D )

VWG
03-11-2005, 09:57 AM
What are the dimensions on that Bridge City field?
If they're putting up big numbers, and I am sure they are very good hitters, but sometimes a smaller field can help also.

Phil C
03-11-2005, 11:47 AM
Now if they can come play in Sinton at our softball field and get a homerun over the fence then that would be impressive. The field has been in use for six years but only two home runs have been hit over the fence and that was before the 2002 season. One was hit by a Sinton Lady Pirate Tracy Garcia and another one by a girl from Orange Grove but I don't know who she was. There have been inside homers but those are the only two over the fence.

Old Cardinal
03-11-2005, 02:49 PM
I don't know the dimensions of the BB field; however, these folks normally only play on 4A and 5A fields when traveling in preseason and the don't seem to have a problem at any of them.
The girls field is 185' but they play a lot of 200' X 8 foot fenced fields. I saw Meagan knock one last year that soared . It hit a cypress tree in a residental yard about half way up(maybe 23 feet up) The tree is about 40 foot behind the SB fence. In my younger days I played a lot of industrial and church men's softball and I can only recall one man, Ralph Gravett, that could hit one any further than Meagan.