PDA

View Full Version : went to only my second softball game in my life

pirate44
03-11-2005, 08:51 AM
Sinton lost to a pretty good Corpus Christi Moody team last night. it was a nice experience. Phil C sure does get intense. you can tell he is a true softball fan and really envelops himself in the game. i was looking out for pirate4state, but didnt see her. i hope we can make it to more games this year.

Phil C
03-11-2005, 09:47 AM
You forgot the chastisement the GodFather got last night Pirate! :D

Seriously it was good to see you there and hope you can come tonight if the boy is up to it.

pirate44
03-11-2005, 09:50 AM
Originally posted by Phil C

Seriously it was good to see you there and hope you can come tonight if the boy is up to it.
whoah:eek: i thought there was going to be scene:eek:

Phil C
03-11-2005, 09:52 AM
Originally posted by pirate44
whoah:eek: i thought there was going to be scene:eek:

It could have been but the GodFather kept his cool as usual.

pirate44
03-11-2005, 09:53 AM
:clap:

Phil C
03-11-2005, 09:54 AM
:clap:

:)

pirate4state
03-11-2005, 09:57 AM
Sinton lost to a pretty good Corpus Christi Moody team last night. it was a nice experience. Phil C sure does get intense. you can tell he is a true softball fan and really envelops himself in the game. i was looking out for pirate4state, but didnt see her. i hope we can make it to more games this year.

I was there, but I sit down by right field away from the crowd. :D

pirate4state
03-11-2005, 09:59 AM

Uh-Oh, what did I miss? Did it have anything to do with the assault to one of our baserunners by Moody's 1st base person? :thinking:

pirate44
03-11-2005, 10:00 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state
we were over in that area running around with the little one towards the end of the game. sorry i didnt see ya.:(

44INAROW
03-11-2005, 10:12 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state

That is where I prefer to sit too........... :D

SintonFan
03-11-2005, 10:19 AM

NO one and I mean NO ONE chastizes the GodFather!!!
Let me at 'em boss! :flamingma :eyetwitch

Phil C
03-11-2005, 11:43 AM
Originally posted by SintonFan
NO one and I mean NO ONE chastizes the GodFather!!!
Let me at 'em boss! :flamingma :eyetwitch

Thank you SintonFan but not this one. This person is really a great person and works hard for the Bosters' Club and the kids and most important has provided kids that are great athletes and outstanding persons for Sinton High! :)

SintonFan
03-11-2005, 11:44 AM
Thank you SintonFan but not this one. This person is really a great person and works hard for the Bosters' Club and the kids and most important has provided kids that are great athletes and outstanding persons for Sinton High! :)
:D :doh: :D

AP Panther Fan
03-11-2005, 11:47 AM

We would expect no less ... with you being the GodFather and all!;)

District303aPastPlayer
03-11-2005, 12:00 PM
what happened to our baserunner?

pirate4state
03-11-2005, 12:53 PM
Originally posted by District303aPastPlayer
what happened to our baserunner? The Moody player pretty much knocked her down. :mad: The previous inning a baserunner had side stepped the tag and there was some controversy over that play b/c our runner was way inside the baseline but where else was she suppose to go since the Moody player was blocking her way to the bag? :D Then in the next inning she was in the way again so our baserunner tried to side step her outside the base line so she swatted her 140lb+ arm at her and made sure she tagged her this time and in the process 100lb Julie went sprawling to the ground! Ouch. :eek:

As you can imagine there was an uproar on the Sinton side and that of course prompted the Moody fans & players to voice their displeasure! :hand:

Sinton94
03-11-2005, 01:45 PM
Yeah that should have been a warning! Another Moody base runner folded up her arms and tried to take out our third base as well, and that should have been an ejection for sure! I know the coach didn't look to happy about it. We lost to a pretty good ball club besides all that. We made some unforced errors but I think that had a lot to do with playing some pretty stiff comp. I don't know what the stats were last night but the Pitching and offense looked pretty solid and the defense is not bad once they elimante the errors. I heard that Sinton's freshmen pitcher had over 70 SO's going into last night's game. Not sure how many she had last night......I think at least 6 or 7. If pitching holds up and they continue to improve they could be pretty good!
Should be a good game tonight anyway against Yoakum who is no slouch themselves! They have met twice already and split one game apiece.

Good luck tonight Ladies! :D