PDA

View Full Version : Horns Blow It

kepdawg
03-11-2005, 12:06 AM
Texas men lost to Colorado 81-69.

The Lady Horns jumped up 17-0 on KSU, but fell 72-69.

rockdale80
03-11-2005, 12:39 AM
yeah...that stung a little.

KTJ
03-11-2005, 01:11 AM
Who cares. Conference tournaments don't matter. The only thing they do is move your NCAA seeding either up or down. By the time the tourney starts, people know whether you're in or out--for the most part.

And I'll take these two losses if it means getting Nina for the Ladies and Syd and Kenton for the men some rest. We need healthy bodies for the tournament.

rockdale80
03-11-2005, 02:22 AM
Originally posted by KTJ
Who cares. Conference tournaments don't matter. The only thing they do is move your NCAA seeding either up or down. By the time the tourney starts, people know whether you're in or out--for the most part.

And I'll take these two losses if it means getting Nina for the Ladies and Syd and Kenton for the men some rest. We need healthy bodies for the tournament.

yeah, but it still stung a little. wanted them to win it all...both of them.

AggieJohn
03-11-2005, 02:24 AM
yeah ags blew it too

jason
03-11-2005, 07:14 AM
Originally posted by KTJ
Conference tournaments don't matter. i disagree...conference tournaments are a HUGE deal for bubble teams...

take a&m for example - the only hope for them to make the ncaa tournament was to win the conference tournament....guess they'll be watching from their dorms...

AggieJohn
03-11-2005, 07:30 AM
Originally posted by jason
i disagree...conference tournaments are a HUGE deal for bubble teams...

take a&m for example - the only hope for them to make the ncaa tournament was to win the conference tournament....guess they'll be watching from their dorms...

or during the NIT tourney

AggiesAreWe
03-11-2005, 08:29 AM
Aggies will get NIT invite.

Phil C
03-11-2005, 09:48 AM
Originally posted by AggiesAreWe
Aggies will get NIT invite.

If they don't it would be a shame.

Phil C
03-11-2005, 09:51 AM
Originally posted by KTJ

I agree with you KTJ. There is no doubt that if Nina had been playing it would have been a difference even though the Ladies almost pulled it off but played sloppy on offense and defense the last ten minutes and lost it. Still Texas should get a fairly good seed in the playoffs. What is the status on Nina? Will she be ready for the playoffs?

KTJ
03-11-2005, 11:31 AM
Originally posted by rockdale80
yeah, but it still stung a little. wanted them to win it all...both of them.

Rockdale--honestly, there was no way the men would have won it all. The women vs. Baylor in the finals would have been a great matchup. But considering how many people we have hurt on both teams, we need the rest.

And yeah, a bubble team needs the conference tourney, such as A&M. But the tournament doesn't have as much weight as people think it does. And honestly, I don't think A&M was on the bubble. I think they were NIT bound to begin with. The OOC schedule was too weak, although their RPI did go up this past week. But that was due to the RPI of the Pac-10 being so poor that other schools and conferences around the nation went up.

rockdale80
03-11-2005, 12:05 PM
Originally posted by KTJ
Rockdale--honestly, there was no way the men would have won it all. The women vs. Baylor in the finals would have been a great matchup. But considering how many people we have hurt on both teams, we need the rest.

And yeah, a bubble team needs the conference tourney, such as A&M. But the tournament doesn't have as much weight as people think it does. And honestly, I don't think A&M was on the bubble. I think they were NIT bound to begin with. The OOC schedule was too weak, although their RPI did go up this past week. But that was due to the RPI of the Pac-10 being so poor that other schools and conferences around the nation went up.

about the men....I have seen crazier things happen. I know they lost alot of their team this year, but that doesnt mean I cant hope....

Phil C
03-11-2005, 12:27 PM
No matter what the men do it has been remarkable considering the circumstances this year.
I hope the ladies can reach their potential and Nina can come back. They were expected to make a good run with the seniors they have and hopefully they will do so. However now there is no tomorrow and one loss and you are out. Go Lady Horns!

mwynn05
03-11-2005, 12:43 PM
The state of Texas is 0-3 so far in the Big 12 tourney

AggieJohn
03-11-2005, 01:05 PM
mwynn you changed your avatar.....:(....and the mood around aggieland is that maybe we can get a sneak in birth into the NCAA's postseason kind of like we got hugely lucky with the cotton bowl....

rockdale80
03-11-2005, 01:23 PM
forger about it. wont happen.

AggieJohn
03-11-2005, 04:10 PM
yeah i didn't say that i believe it, however i do believe that we would of been in the ncaa if we would of won last night

District303aPastPlayer
03-11-2005, 04:18 PM
Originally posted by AggieJohn
yeah i didn't say that i believe it, however i do believe that we would of been in the ncaa if we would of won last night

A&M's only real shot at getting a shot at the NCAA would be to win the Big XII tourney. They never were really a shot other than that...

mwynn05
03-11-2005, 04:56 PM
No, if they beat Kansas they had a shot