PDA

View Full Version : Ballinger vs. Greenwood

Wtx_coach
11-24-2002, 02:33 PM
Well guys this is going to be a great ball game, hey Vet I told you not to worry about Kennedale I know those guys had you scared on here but hey they are no longer on this board talking trash are they. Well im going with Ballinger by 10, I personally saw Posey this week and I think he will be to much for Greenwood, Ballinger matches up with greenwood well, Kennedale was extremley big and fast and the Bearcats with stood kennedales size and speed so Greenwood shouldnt be no big problem, greenwoods extrmley quick but no size at all, this game is going to come down to turnovers, but once again posey will be to much, ballinger by 10

Ranger Mom
11-24-2002, 02:45 PM
Hey, I am scared of this one myself. We didn't get to see Posey the first time around. We will have to step up in a BIG way - and our offense will need to click and make NO mistakes on either side of the ball!!

Vet, are you out there?? Have you heard a set time yet?? I heard 2:00 Saturday at Grande. What are you hearing on your end??

Wtx_coach
11-24-2002, 02:50 PM
Ranger Mom:
Hey, I am scared of this one myself. We didn't get to see Posey the first time around. We will have to step up in a BIG way - and our offense will need to click and make NO mistakes on either side of the ball!!

Vet, are you out there?? Have you heard a set time yet?? I heard 2:00 Saturday at Grande. What are you hearing on your end??Hey mom I was wandering when the game would be, I was hoping this game would be friday, but get back with me o.k .

Ranger Mom
11-24-2002, 02:54 PM
From all I have heard, Saturday was set, we were just waiting on a time. If I hear anything different, I will let you know! :)

vet93
11-24-2002, 03:04 PM
RangerMom...I have heard the same thing on this end. 2:00pm saturday at Grande. I will let you know if I here anything else. Wtx coach...you were right about the game. I wasn't scared of Kennedale. I thought that we had a real good chance of pulling off the upset. I just didn't want to say anything that would be bulletin board material. I was quite happy with the fact that many thought that they were going to walk all over us. We no longer have the element of surprise. My main concern other than a great Greenwood team is a possible letdown after the big win. Hopefully coach Owens can keep up the intensity. Of course the guys should know not to have a letdown because last time Greenwood defeated us by 3 touchdowns at home!

Wtx_coach
11-24-2002, 03:08 PM
Hey Vet, dont worry about a let down, Coach Owens will have them boy ready to go with fire in their eyes, hes a great coach and personally i thik he will get the job done, keep up the good work ballinger.

wildstangs
11-24-2002, 03:42 PM
Gonna take Ballinger in the upset by 7.

Ranger Mom
11-24-2002, 04:24 PM
sniff - sniff.....I feel like I have lost all of my friends. But that's okay, believe me, I know where you are coming from!
I hope we can go in and come out with the upset, but if not.....it was fun while it lasted. But if the outcome is not what I would hope, you still won't be rid of me.........sorry if that upsets anyone!! :cool: :cool:
I'll still be here checking in everyday.......I really should get a life!!
By the way, what are the topics on this board about when football is completely over?? I have been on here since June or July I believe. IT was kinda slow then, but we were beginning to look ahead. Is anyone here in January??

sinton66
11-24-2002, 04:59 PM
Ohhhhhh Yea, there's some of us on here year round. Even though Jacket yells at us, we talk a little roundball on here, then get going pretty good with baseball talk too. You won't get lonely, I promise! :D :D :D Biggest problem for a lot of us on here is that this time of year we end up with friends playing friends. It's hard to make choices, and easy to try to stay neutral when that happens. Like your game, I like both squads, Vet93 and you. I'm going to have to do some research if I make a pick.

<small>[ November 24, 2002, 04:05 PM: Message edited by: sinton66 ]</small>

pero chato
11-24-2002, 05:45 PM
Congratulations Bearcats! Hey Vet93, I picked Ballinger by 3 (but not overtime), and suggested that King was a weapon and needed the ball more often. Dang, I'm good. I'm sticking with Ballinger again by 7 over Greenwood (sorry Rangermom!) Posey will be the difference in this game. This will be his game since he missed round one with Greenwood. He adds so much to the offense but don't forget his defensive play is just as impressive. Good luck to both teams for a clean, injury free contest.

bleedgreen
11-24-2002, 06:28 PM
Hey guys!!!!Kennedale was NOT beat by Ballinger. Kennedale beat themselves. Did you look at the stats. We doubled Ballinger's offense. When you fumble the ball inside your opponents 20 yard line three times and then can't score from the one foot line, you're not going to win too many games. Don't you dare tell me Ballinger beat us. I was not the least bit impressed with the talent on that team except for Posey and the Coach. Ballinger won because they didn't make but maybe two mistakes all game and Kennedale had a ton of mistakes. Ballinger was lucky. They played fundamentally sound football and Kennedale didn't. I don't get angry easily but what you said angers me.

Wtx_coach
11-24-2002, 10:08 PM
bleedgreen:
Hey guys!!!!Kennedale was NOT beat by Ballinger. Kennedale beat themselves. Did you look at the stats. We doubled Ballinger's offense. When you fumble the ball inside your opponents 20 yard line three times and then can't score from the one foot line, you're not going to win too many games. Don't you dare tell me Ballinger beat us. I was not the least bit impressed with the talent on that team except for Posey and the Coach. Ballinger won because they didn't make but maybe two mistakes all game and Kennedale had a ton of mistakes. Ballinger was lucky. They played fundamentally sound football and Kennedale didn't. I don't get angry easily but what you said angers me.BLEEDGREAN you werent bleading green after saturday you were bleeding red, you guys were really overrated just like you guys were in baseball last year, dont get me wrong you guys were a good football team but not like everyone said, people were acting like you guys were untouchable" I think not" LOL, well you guys fumbled 3 times but hey you guys had 200 yard in 2 plays so the rest of the game wasnt much, oh yea ballinger was up by 4 and punted to you guys and you guys fumbled and ballinger got it and the ref gave you guys the ball and then you scored 2 plays later so think the ref for that score, oh yea by the way ballinger won the football game a win is a win son, its over with get ready for basketball, oh yea tell your coach its not smart to use all his timeouts when you know you are going to have to line up and kick a field goal with 19 seconds left!!!

vet93
11-24-2002, 11:02 PM
Bleedgreen...first of all let me say that I am the only Ballinger poster that has commented on this game. If you will read my posts you will see that I have said nothing but complimentary things about Kennedale's team both before and after the game. I would also add that none of the other posters have been particularly disrespectful to Kennedale. Some have said that they predicted an upset but not much else. The rest of the comments were well wishers that were being complimentary of ballinger's victory. At no time on this board has anyone from Ballinger come on here and said that we were going to overwhelm with talent Kennedale or anyone else for that matter. In the week leading up to the game I told the Kennedale fans exactly what Ballinger had. At no time did I say that we had a bunch of talent. We are a school that currently has 340 kids in high school (that is 5 below the 3a cutoff). Demographically we cannot compete in terms of speed with the east texas teams. However, there is more to the game of football than talent and flashy stats. Just because the kids don't look as imposing in uniform and run a 4.4 forty doesn't mean that they can't play good football. Ballinger lost the stats game, and if both teams lined up and raced Ballinger would mostly lose, but Ballinger won in the area of playing smart, mistake free football. They played with heart and determination and were able to do to Kennedale what many people were not able to do...make them drive the field without too many big plays. Heart and determination are just as much a part of the game as size and speed. I had hopes that the Kennedale fans would be good sports and root for Ballinger because of the great heart that they showed in playing against the Wildcats. I guess being a good sport and not having sour grapes was too much to ask. The fact that you were not impressed with Ballinger's talent doesn't surprise me nor does it bother me, what bothers me is that you don't see that the greatness of Ballinger's victory revolves around the fact that you did have so much more talent on the field. Too bad for you that you can't see or appreciate that fact.

bleedgreen:
Hey guys!!!!Kennedale was NOT beat by Ballinger. Kennedale beat themselves. Did you look at the stats. We doubled Ballinger's offense. When you fumble the ball inside your opponents 20 yard line three times and then can't score from the one foot line, you're not going to win too many games. Don't you dare tell me Ballinger beat us. I was not the least bit impressed with the talent on that team except for Posey and the Coach. Ballinger won because they didn't make but maybe two mistakes all game and Kennedale had a ton of mistakes. Ballinger was lucky. They played fundamentally sound football and Kennedale didn't. I don't get angry easily but what you said angers me.

vet93
11-24-2002, 11:23 PM
Hey Pero Chato...thanks for the support. I was sorry to hear about the loss to Everman. They are truly a powerhous club. Wylie will be back next year as usual. You guys don't rebuild...you reload. I know that you are a King fan...the neat thing about the game is that he is our placekicker and he missed the extrapoint and field goal in the Wylie game. I know that he must have felt terrible. Those two field goals to tie and win the game really got the monkey off of his back. You guys are really scaring me by picking the bearcats...we function better being the underdog...lets not forget that we are the underdog. Greenwood beat us by 21 earlier, they are undefeated and in the top 10...yikes! By the way...RangerMom...we will all still be friends regardless of the outcome. You guys are alot of fun and I truly consider you friends. Good luck and have a great Thanksgiving to all!

pero chato:
Congratulations Bearcats! Hey Vet93, I picked Ballinger by 3 (but not overtime), and suggested that King was a weapon and needed the ball more often. Dang, I'm good. I'm sticking with Ballinger again by 7 over Greenwood (sorry Rangermom!) Posey will be the difference in this game. This will be his game since he missed round one with Greenwood. He adds so much to the offense but don't forget his defensive play is just as impressive. Good luck to both teams for a clean, injury free contest.

wildstangs
11-25-2002, 10:34 AM
bleedgreen:
Hey guys!!!!Kennedale was NOT beat by Ballinger. Kennedale beat themselves. Did you look at the stats. We doubled Ballinger's offense. When you fumble the ball inside your opponents 20 yard line three times and then can't score from the one foot line, you're not going to win too many games. Don't you dare tell me Ballinger beat us. I was not the least bit impressed with the talent on that team except for Posey and the Coach. Ballinger won because they didn't make but maybe two mistakes all game and Kennedale had a ton of mistakes. Ballinger was lucky. They played fundamentally sound football and Kennedale didn't. I don't get angry easily but what you said angers me.I am sure Ballinger could care less if they impressed you or not. They are moving on, you guys arent. They better team won, get over it. You guys didnt help yourself to much either by declaring your game against Bridgeport the Region 1 championship.

wildstangs
11-25-2002, 10:37 AM
bleedgreen:
Hey guys!!!!Kennedale was NOT beat by Ballinger. Kennedale beat themselves. Did you look at the stats. We doubled Ballinger's offense. When you fumble the ball inside your opponents 20 yard line three times and then can't score from the one foot line, you're not going to win too many games. Don't you dare tell me Ballinger beat us. I was not the least bit impressed with the talent on that team except for Posey and the Coach. Ballinger won because they didn't make but maybe two mistakes all game and Kennedale had a ton of mistakes. Ballinger was lucky. They played fundamentally sound football and Kennedale didn't. I don't get angry easily but what you said angers me.I am sure Ballinger could care less if they impressed you or not. They are moving on, you guys arent. They better team won, get over it. You guys didnt help yourself to much either by declaring your game against Bridgeport the Region 1 championship. You guys thought Ballinger and the rest of the Region was going to be a cake walk. Its a tough lesson to learn.

ClydeFan
11-25-2002, 10:56 AM
Vet93, congrats again on the victory! In my opinion you have done an impressive job with your posts and I don't see how anyone could take offense. I think another factor in the victory is Ballinger's playoff experience. Those fumbles could have been caused by nerves, or by an agressive defense. The team with the most talent does not always win...

Ballinger-Greenwood should be another good game. I've got to go with Ballinger here in a close one.

Wylie folks, I watched the replay of the game last night, or at least the first 3 quarters. That Everman team is simply incredible. You have nothing to be ashamed of and congrats on another successful season.

audasmom7
11-25-2002, 12:28 PM
I think both teams have improved alot,But remember you didnt have posey... rangers didnt have Cody I think it will come down to who really wants it more... See ya saturday

Ranger Mom
11-25-2002, 12:37 PM
Audasmom------we were planning on keeping that under wraps for a little longer - we had MORE than one starter out that game - remember No. ## was laying on the sidelines - flat on his back with the flu??
Some things are on a need to know basis, and right now nobody needs to know!!

audasmom7
11-25-2002, 12:52 PM
LOL whos we?????? your a funny girl. Yeah Im aware there was more than one out.. see ya saturday

Ranger Mom
11-25-2002, 02:13 PM
You know who "we" is if I am talking about football!!! :D

Are you gonna be at the school tonight to paint signs??

big daddy russ
11-25-2002, 07:16 PM
bleedgreen:
...Ballinger won because they didn't make but maybe two mistakes all game and Kennedale had a ton of mistakes... They played fundamentally sound football and Kennedale didn't...I know this post has already been run into the ground, but I couldn't help myself. Bleedgreen, I couldn't have said it any better. Just because you're a great athlete (or a team chock full of them) doesn't make you a great football player. I've known guys with absolutely zero athleticism who made for some of the best players around, and vise versa. Also, you commented that Ballinger didn't beat you... If Godley had been lined up across the field from you guys instead of Ballinger, do you honestly think the score would have been the same?

Maybe you did beat yourselves, but I'm sure Ballinger helped you out a little.