PDA

View Full Version : Disch Falk Field has got to be the worst stadium in the country

cdlvj
03-10-2005, 11:50 AM
Went to the Texas/Rice game last night, it was packed, no place to set, no place to stand, and the PA system was horrible. Could not hear it at all.

1st 2 rows are totally worthless.
Game was oversold.
It is a sorry place.

pirate44
03-10-2005, 11:55 AM
Originally posted by cdlvj
Went to the Texas/Rice game last night, it was packed, no place to set, no place to stand, and the PA system was horrible. Could not hear it at all.

1st 2 rows are totally worthless.
Game was oversold.
It is a sorry place.
it's been since 1989 that i was at Disch Falk so i cant comment on wether or not its a good field. but if its all that bad maybe UIL oughta think about having the tournament at the brand new Astros AA affiliate Corpus Christi Hooks "Whataburger Field";)

Phil C
03-10-2005, 11:55 AM
Hey cd I bet the parking wasn't too good either was it?

Phil C
03-10-2005, 11:57 AM
Originally posted by pirate44
it's been since 1989 that i was at Disch Falk so i cant comment on wether or not its a good field. but if its all that bad maybe UIL oughta think about having the tournament at the brand new Astros AA affiliate Corpus Christi Hooks "Whataburger Field";)

You got a point there Pirate because the last few times I have been there to State Baseball championships the parking has been terrible. I didn't mind the stadium so much but it was the parking hazzles. When you have several state semis with lots of people from out of town coming you have parking problems.

pirate44
03-10-2005, 11:59 AM
Originally posted by Phil C
You got a point there Pirate because the last few times I have been there to State Baseball championships the parking has been terrible. I didn't mind the stadium so much but it was the parking hazzles. When you have several state semis with lots of people from out of town coming you have parking problems.
hopefully C.C.'s stadium parking will be better

Gobbla2001
03-10-2005, 01:07 PM
Parking is not a UT problem, it's an Austin problem, dang place is to crowded to put up anything campus related within walking distance...

AP Panther Fan
03-10-2005, 01:12 PM
hopefully C.C.'s stadium parking will be better

'44, do you know if our field will have "real or synthetic" turf? Probably a silly question ... but, I'm not all that sold on synthetic personally. What about Robstown ... what does it have?

pirate44
03-10-2005, 01:22 PM
Originally posted by AP Panther Fan
'44, do you know if our field will have "real or synthetic" turf? Probably a silly question ... but, I'm not all that sold on synthetic personally. What about Robstown ... what does it have?
they just layed down a beautiful variety of bermuda grass for the turf. it is a gorgeous site as you drive over the harbor bridge. it was neat to watch the local news as these machines were laying down these huge rolls of the stuff.

Vrabird
03-10-2005, 01:22 PM
Whataburger Field and Aviator Stadium both have real grass. The grass at Whatabuger Field was planted last weekend. Can't wait to see the field and have baseball back in Corpus Christi, especially being a farm club of the ASTROS.

jason
03-10-2005, 01:26 PM
they use Dell Diamond in Round Rock for some of the semi-final games...thats a great place for a state championship game...

AP Panther Fan
03-10-2005, 01:29 PM
Thanks guys...guess my asking was a round-about way of saying that is one of the things I dislike about Disch-Falk...not that I would ever catch a baseball there.:rolleyes:

My son did go to camp there last summer though and since he didn't like it ...NEITHER DO I!:D :D

pirate44
03-10-2005, 01:30 PM
Originally posted by jason
they use Dell Diamond in Round Rock for some of the semi-final games...thats a great place for a state championship game...
Whataburger Field is a product of Dell Diamond. Same designers and concept. The Ryans are a class act and really know what theyre doing in relationship to minor league baseball

Bellville22
03-10-2005, 02:05 PM
Baseball America named it the 4th best college baseball stadium int he country....

1. Box Stadium, LSU
2. Mississippi State
3. Olsen Field, A&M
4. UT

Phil C
03-10-2005, 02:23 PM
Originally posted by Bellville22
Baseball America named it the 4th best college baseball stadium int he country....

1. Box Stadium, LSU
2. Mississippi State
3. Olsen Field, A&M
4. UT

Was adequate parking a criteria? :)

cdlvj
03-10-2005, 02:59 PM
Here are the numbers
Seating capacity 6649.

Attendance 6815.

Absolutely no business selling that many tickets when there is no place to at least stand and see the action.

The grand stand seats 5849 and a lot of those were empty because the season ticket holders do not make the weekday games.

KTJ
03-10-2005, 04:30 PM
Wow. You sure are pessimistic.

DF Field is the next sporting complex to get a renovation. It's either starting after this season or next.

big daddy russ
03-10-2005, 05:10 PM

1. Box Stadium, LSU
2. Mississippi State
3. Olsen Field, A&M
4. UT

Plainsmen Park wasn't on there? Auburn's stadium is much nicer than either Olsen or Disch-Falk.

COACHCOACH
03-11-2005, 11:47 AM
Atmosphere people....atmosphere. There is no better place to watch the beautiful game of baseball played at that level anyway. It's the Disch Faulk experience that seals the deal. To be able to really assess the stadium you would have to be a regular......Go Horns

VWG
03-11-2005, 11:51 AM
Disch-Falk definitely needs a makeover.
TCU has a sweet field, brand new last year.
Tech's field needs a renovation. Do away with the turf infield and grass outfield... just go with all grass.
I caught Auburn-Clemson about two years ago and Auburn does have a very nice baseball stadium.

big daddy russ
03-11-2005, 12:12 PM
Originally posted by VWG
I caught Auburn-Clemson about two years ago and Auburn does have a very nice baseball stadium.
I've seen a couple of games there and while it doesn't quite have the armies of fans that Disch-Falk has it's a great place to catch a game. The big problem with attendance (average is about 4,000) is that the Auburn only has about 20,000 students and it's located in the tiny rural town of Auburn, AL, pop. 17,000.

It's usually one of the top 5 in America (it has been for the last couple of years)... I guess it might've fallen off a little.

AP Panther Fan
03-11-2005, 12:20 PM
Originally posted by VWG

LOL...I took that literally and thought "how cool ... a catcher" :rolleyes:

Okay, I know, thank goodness it is Friday!:D

VWG
03-11-2005, 09:00 PM
Originally posted by AP Panther Fan
LOL...I took that literally and thought "how cool ... a catcher" :rolleyes:

Okay, I know, thank goodness it is Friday!:D

LOL Yeah, man I wish I could've had enough talent to play catcher on the Clemson baseball team!

Brahma73
03-12-2005, 12:52 PM

1. Box Stadium, LSU
2. Mississippi State
3. Olsen Field, A&M
4. UT

What makes Olsen bad is that obnoxious heckler in the student section with the Boston Red Sox cap on.:rolleyes: (Just kidding...inside joke for me and 22):)

ej2525
03-12-2005, 12:54 PM

You just want the games in CC so you don't have to drive to far!! :D

pirate44
03-12-2005, 03:17 PM
Originally posted by ej2525
You just want the games in CC so you don't have to drive to far!! :D
i promise if they have the state tournament in Corpus Christi, i'll move to Austin ;)

Phil C
03-12-2005, 05:46 PM
i promise if they have the state tournament in Corpus Christi, i'll move to Austin ;) \\

:D