PDA

View Full Version : I hate Lance Armstrong

AggieJohn
03-09-2005, 05:52 PM
now even more (http://sports.yahoo.com/oly/news;_ylc=X3oDMTBpNWZic251BF9TAzI1NjY0ODI1BHNlYwN0 aA--?slug=ap-paris2012-armstrong&prov=ap&type=lgns) reason for me not to like this man.

Leave your wife & kids
Shack up with another woman
Be a drunkard before the tour de france
& then claim that FRANCE should get the olympics over the good US of A

TheDOCTORdre
03-09-2005, 05:52 PM
the link doesnt work

Bulldog_12
03-09-2005, 05:53 PM
Ummm, I cant find it, your link doesnt work, or its not up anymore.

LH Panther Mom
03-09-2005, 05:55 PM
The link doesn't work, but the story is up on Yahoo sports.

AggieJohn
03-09-2005, 05:55 PM
THIERS, France (AP) -- Lance Armstrong is picking his country to finish second in the race for the 2012 Olympics.

The Texan endorsed Paris instead of New York when asked Wednesday which city should win the highly competitive bid for the Summer Games.

``To be fair, I think that Paris deserves the Olympics,'' Armstrong said in an interview with The Associated Press. ``I think they were arguably the best candidate in 2008 but for different reasons Paris didn't win, and they went to Beijing.''

The six-time Tour de France champion acknowledged he was torn over the decision, and that his heart was with New York, given ``everything they went through the last four-five years'' -- an apparent reference to the trauma of the Sept. 11, 2001, terror attacks.

But he added: ``If they don't win in 2012, they could win in 2016.''

Armstrong's comments came as the International Olympic Committee's evaluation commission began its four-day visit to Paris. The French capital is competing against New York, London, Madrid and Moscow. The IOC will select the host city on July 6.

``Paris is one of the legendary cities in the world,'' Armstrong said, adding that the Stade de France would be a ``special place for the opening ceremony.''

Officials for NYC2012 had no comment on Armstrong's endorsement.

pirate44
03-09-2005, 05:57 PM
"hate" is a tough word for someone just saying something.

AggieJohn
03-09-2005, 06:06 PM
well i don't like the fact that he is so heralded

Bandera YaYa
03-09-2005, 06:11 PM
'Hate is a strong word....but I "dislike" him also.....adulterer...HE needs to stay in France with all the other losers..Just my opinion!!

AggieJohn
03-09-2005, 06:23 PM
Originally posted by Bandera YaYa
'Hate is a strong word....but I "dislike" him also.....adulterer...HE needs to stay in France with all the other losers..Just my opinion!! WHOOP

sealy#23
03-09-2005, 06:40 PM
I like Armstrong all that he has been through w/ the cancer...and he wins 6 tour de frances........ HATE IS A STRONG WORD U AGGIE...........GO HORNS!!!!!!

TheDOCTORdre
03-09-2005, 06:43 PM
I'm a Horn and I respect Armstrongs accmoplishment on the cycle and overcoming cancer but thats about all I respect him for

Bulldog_12
03-09-2005, 06:44 PM
Originally posted by sealy#23
I like Armstrong all that he has been through w/ the cancer...and he wins 6 tour de frances........ HATE IS A STRONG WORD U AGGIE...........GO HORNS!!!!!!

Wow! I would like to be the first to commend you on a classy post!:thumbsup: :rolleyes: But anyways, I do like the fact that he has 6 and overcame cancer, but some of the things he has done OUTSIDE his cycling career makes one shudder.

AggieJohn
03-09-2005, 06:47 PM
Originally posted by sealy#23

nevermind that he aquired cancer before the tour de frances which made him lose all of his body mass. That's why he won six tour de frances.

LH Panther Mom
03-09-2005, 07:08 PM
Originally posted by AggieJohn
nevermind that he aquired cancer before the tour de frances which made him lose all of his body mass. That's why he won six tour de frances.

Actually, the endurance level of his heart is why he won them. The news did a piece on it last summer and compared it to the average endurance level of UT football players. I've forgotten exactly how the numbers compared, but it truly was phenomenal. That, and the rigorous training he puts himself through are the reasons he won.

Bullaholic
03-09-2005, 07:11 PM

O AJ, AJ...you were doing fairly well for a while........so anybody who contracts cancer will have an advantage in certain sports?

Bulldog_12
03-09-2005, 07:16 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
O AJ, AJ...you were doing fairly well for a while........so anybody who contracts cancer will have an advantage in certain sports?

Dude, you didnt know that????? Everyone knows that......:D

NHSRattler60
03-09-2005, 07:42 PM
You have to respect him wether you like him or not. The French don't like him because he's A: American and B: beaten them in their own country. I think i heard about the cheating, but I know he didn't get drunk before the tour de france because NOBODY's body could win a __ mile long race sweating pure alcohol. Plus alcohol deminished your endurance for anything. And as for the france thing, maybe france is a good place to have the olympics? I've never been so I don't know. There are countries out there other than America. dont get me wrong i wouldn't live anywhere else, but let someone else have a turn. When we host the olympics 2 times out of 4, isn't that a bit greedy?

A&M is one of the most diverse campuses in the country, yet people like you make it seem like a hick school.

And Sealy, Real longhorns don't taunt. I'm a UT fan and hope to go one day, but Aggies aren't stupid. Some of them (like with all colleges, including UT) make dumb decisions, but don't judge them according to what a few do. I know alot of aggies, (my sister and her b/f included) that are the smartest people I know.

(but when it comes to football, without reggie mcneal, the aggies would not have gotton that bowl game.)

AggieJohn
03-09-2005, 07:43 PM
first of all i don't want to be a cancer basher, i had a friend who i had to carry his casket to the grave because cancer took his life, i have been effected by cancer

however, i don't like how america herald's this guy as the ultimate "american". He's just another man, he survived cancer, and his cancer helped him out in his sport, lucky break, he left his wife and kids to shack up with sheryll crow, he's a drunkard, an antheist who said one time to the effect that "god didn't do anything to help me get to where i am"

Now he wants to go against his country, and Say from his AUSTIN residence that he doesn't think that NY should get the olympics and that france should. The same france that america has called on to help other parts of the world cure problems that they could of helped out in. yet they don't. let's ask bullfrog alumni about that one.

this is the same problem america has, they isolate a person and declare them a hero, without looking at their whole picture. Take Magic johnson for instance. everyone herald's him for surviving AIDS and being so vocal about getting tested. Nevermind the fact that had he not committed adultery against his wife to contract AIDS he would of played 5 or six more years and never had to worry about it....

sorry im just mad, and no i'm not perfect....

AggieJohn
03-09-2005, 07:44 PM
Originally posted by NHSRattler60
without reggie mcneal, the aggies would not have gotton that bowl game.)

dang it franchione, we're caught.....

NHSRattler60
03-09-2005, 07:57 PM
Lol, I think thats been the attitude from all the aggies i told that to.

LH Panther Mom
03-09-2005, 07:58 PM
however, i don't like how america herald's this guy as the ultimate "american". He's just another man, he survived cancer, and his cancer helped him out in his sport, lucky break, he left his wife and kids to shack up with sheryll crow, he's a drunkard, an antheist who said one time to the effect that "god didn't do anything to help me get to where i am"

I presume that you're a personal friend of his that knows why he and his wife divorced. I don't condone his personal lifestyle, but for all ANY of us know, they had problems for years before that had nothing to do with Sheryl.

this is the same problem america has, they isolate a person and declare them a hero, without looking at their whole picture. Take Magic johnson for instance. everyone herald's him for surviving AIDS and being so vocal about getting tested. Nevermind the fact that had he not committed adultery against his wife to contract AIDS he would of played 5 or six more years and never had to worry about it....

There is a HUGE difference in Lance Armstrong surviving cancer and Magic Johnson surviving AIDS and this comparison is ridiculous.

Now to the original subject. I don't agree with him stating Paris should be the site for 2012 - he should support the USA - but we have had the summer games 2 out of the last 6. Paris last hosted in 1924.

Bandera YaYa
03-09-2005, 08:02 PM
I am glad he beat cancer...I know he fought it long and hard.

superslyguy06
03-09-2005, 08:07 PM
all i know is france cant win a war. i got an e-mail the other day saying they are 0-18-3 in wars throughout history. i mean, come on, they can't even win a CIVIL war. . . part of me is with aggie john and part of me isn't

AggieJohn
03-09-2005, 08:13 PM
Originally posted by superslyguy06
[B. . part of me is with aggie john [/B]

and who said i didni't have anyone on my side:D

hey guys lighten up, it's the downhill of the week

AggieJohn
03-09-2005, 08:14 PM
and weren't the olympics in albertville and isn't that in france...i'm not exactly geographically sound on that statement but if so...i'm just bitter that houston got left out in 2012....

LH Panther Mom
03-09-2005, 08:28 PM
...i'm just bitter that houston got left out in 2012....

There is the story in a nutshell. :D

lepfan
03-09-2005, 08:30 PM
His ex wife has said before the marriage was over before any of the other stuff went on...

A lot of people praise his ex wife for sticking with it and being strong for him while he had the cancer...when in fact he was not even married at the time...

You should read the story of he and his mom....he over came a lot to get where he is....

Gobbla2001
03-09-2005, 08:33 PM
I'm not a big fan of France myself... However, Paris (another place I'm not a big fan of) probably would be a great place for the olympics, it has more history than NYC, anyone can see that... I'd rather it be in NYC, though...

I'm also not a big fan of divorce etc... I feel that divorce is a huge mistake... But that's no reason for me to dislike a buncha people I know who have been through a divorce...

Does anyone know why he left his wife? Yah, Crow is hot, but does anyone know what went on behind his closed doors? I've just heard "He left her", doesn't tell me a whole bunch, she may have become an alco during his battles or something, ya never know.

His kids... He left his kids? How do you defend that one? Does he just not see them anymore?

I know a guy who is going through a split-up/divorce (don't know him like the back of my hand or anything, just friend of a friend and have met him here and there)... Pretty high profile in Victoria... His wife doesn't work, he does... He goes into the office, his wife wakes up and takes his son to school... Then has some guy come and pick up her lexus, that he bought her, and go pick up her drugs (not pot, big ones), he finally got tired of it and left her, and his son is not living with him right now (but should after divorce judging by her lifestyle).... Easy to say that he left his 'kid' as well... But he didn't, that's a fight to come later.... When you can't stand someone and you decide to leave, you do not want the kid to view the tension...

Does everyone know what 'exactly' has gone on with his marriage? I don't, so I do not judge it...

pirate44
03-09-2005, 09:00 PM
there's alot of people includiing Lance who i have issues with, but Lance is an American icon and i respect where he has come to get to where he is at. i hope he wins 5 more TDF races.

PhiI C
03-09-2005, 11:03 PM
We have to remember though France and Paris have not hosted the Olympics since 1924 so maybe they are due.

PhiI C
03-09-2005, 11:06 PM
Also we must put personal feelings aside and remember that they Olympics consist of individual competitions. Politics and nationality have no place in the Olympics.

JHS_c/o_06'
03-10-2005, 05:45 PM
he survived cancer, and his cancer helped him out in his sport, lucky break

Gee Golly Mister....i hope i can get cancer this summer so i can be a faster reciever...

Honestly.....the phrases 'getting cancer' and 'lucky break' shouldnt be in the same sentece together. You should be ashamed. Im sure ANYONE would have rather not gotten cancer if given a choice.