PDA

View Full Version : Best team in 3a D1 and D2

TheNewtonBoy
11-03-2001, 02:55 PM
I want to hear everyones opinion on who is the best team in 3a D1 and D2. It would be easy for me to say newton is the best because im from newton but i dont really know and i want to hear from the experts.

FanMan
11-03-2001, 03:23 PM
Right now we all have our opinions, I guess that's why we have playoffs to determine who is the best in the state. I like Wylie's offense but I am not sure that the defense could back up the number 1 ranking.

Jacket2000
11-03-2001, 04:16 PM
Too early to divide teams into D1 and D2. But any list of top 3a teams has to begin with Everman, Forney, and Rice Consolidated. Maybe throw Sinton in there. After that, most of the good teams are pretty much equal.

3Aroy
11-03-2001, 06:35 PM
In my opinion these are some of the top teams:
Everman
Newton
Rice Consolidated
Forney
Abilene Wylie
Sinton

With that said, I think that you could say Newton has the best shot in D2 because of those top teams, they are the one that knows how to play in BIG games. It IS early, but my predictions still stand from the first of the year:
D1: Everman
D2: Newton

Newton is also 5 points from being undefeated. The lost to PA Lincoln (14-13).
Lincoln is tied for the lead of 20-4A (the toughest district in the state), after killing Nederland last night 42-8. PA Lincoln is one of the fastest overall teams in the state. Newton also got beat by the best offense in 4A (Jasper). Jasper won it in a battle (27-24). Newton showed what they are made of last night in a 32-0 victory over Bridge City.

bigdawg
11-03-2001, 10:48 PM
I think Abilene Wylie has one of the best offenses in 3a right now. They can run the crap out of the ball or they can throw the ball all over the field. Their defense is still pretty shaky though. Tell me what some of yall think.

bigdawg
11-04-2001, 05:45 PM
?????

eye of the tiger
11-04-2001, 06:04 PM
Originally posted by BIGDAWG:
I think Abilene Wylie has one of the best offenses in 3a right now. They can run the crap out of the ball or they can throw the ball all over the field. Their defense is still pretty shaky though. Tell me what some of yall think.
Havent had the pleasure of seeing Wylie play, but everything I read says your offense is top rate. As far as your defense goes, nobody has scored enough to beat you, so I would say you defense is good enough to win. Doesnt really answer your question, but it is the best I can do. I also think Wylie has the toughest road in Region I Division I. Vernon first and then I think it will be Alvarado. I may be wrong for sure but I dont see anyone beating Lamesa in the top half of the Region I bracket(dist 1 thru 4). I think the Region winner will definately come from the lower half of the region.(dist 5 thru 8) Good luck this week and in the play-offs

vet93
11-04-2001, 06:13 PM
I agree Tiger. Wylie has a tough row to hoe. They will face a tough Vernon team first, then a tough Alvarado team who should beat Aledo. Then they should have a little easier time against the upper half of the bracket. I think they would then face Lamesa for the Region championship. If they get by all of those teams then they get the good fortune of playing either Forney or Everman. Whew!

eye of the tiger
11-04-2001, 06:27 PM
You are right Vet. I hadnt made my projections that far, but by winning region I the prize will probably be Everman or Forney. You said it best, Whew!!!