PDA

View Full Version : Why is Powerlifting not governed by the UIL?

BullFrog Dad
03-09-2005, 12:33 PM
I know that PL is controlled by the Texas High School Powerlifting Association but it's the only Texas HS sport not tied to the UIL. The UIL even handles sports like gymnastics, lacrosse, swimming, and so on. Anyone have an answer?

mwynn05
03-09-2005, 12:41 PM
I don't think the UIL governs lacrosse or gymnastics. According to their site the UIL only governs baseball, basketball, cross country, football, golf. soccer, softball, swim/dive, team tennis, tennis, track and field, volleyball, and wrestling.

BullFrog Dad
03-09-2005, 01:38 PM
Originally posted by mwynn05
I don't think the UIL governs lacrosse or gymnastics. According to their site the UIL only governs baseball, basketball, cross country, football, golf. soccer, softball, swim/dive, team tennis, tennis, track and field, volleyball, and wrestling. mwynn05, You're right about lacrosse and gymnastics. I just assumed that they were UIL because our local newspaper gives them coverage along with UIL sports. PL never gets a bit of press by that paper.

Balboa
03-09-2005, 01:43 PM
I think the reason is.. is that it started out asan organization and the people in charge don't want to turn over the control. ... The THSWPA is based out of colorado ..... go figure that