PDA

View Full Version : Aransas Pass Heads to Austin.....

AP Panther Fan
03-09-2005, 11:20 AM
Yesterday, the Aransas Pass Schools celebrated a wonderful season and encouraged their varsity basketball team by having a "traveling" pep rally. The team and cheerleaders went to each campus where they were cheered on by the students.:cheerl:

My eight year old daughter told me about all of the excitement at her campus when the "really tall guy" (Matt Hall) dunked the ball in their gym during the pep rally! Can you imagine the impression these guys made on the younger kids and vice versa...the feeling they received by all of the support and enthusiasm shown by the "future" panthers! Way to go APISD!

:thumbsup:

This morning the team loaded up on a Charter Bus and went by each school where they were sent off with banners, waves and big smiles ... They are officially on their way! Here's hoping they have a safe trip and truly great memories that will last a lifetime!:D

pirate44
03-09-2005, 11:27 AM
thats really a great thing to do for the community. it will definately make an impression on the young-uns. thats a memory they will have for the rest of their lives.

good luck AP:clap:

LH Panther Mom
03-09-2005, 11:27 AM
Here's hoping they bring home the title for Region IV! :clap: :thumbsup:

District303aPastPlayer
03-09-2005, 11:33 AM
Bring it Home!!

44INAROW
03-09-2005, 11:34 AM
GOOD LUCK PANTHERS............. :clap: :clap:

Phil C
03-09-2005, 11:42 AM
Hey AP some of us usually greet the team when they go to State when they pass through Sinton with signs but they never passed through or the time was changed because I was told they would be passing through Sinton at 10 this morning but I guess they changed routes or times. Oh well. Go Panthers! Win State!

AP Panther Fan
03-09-2005, 12:02 PM
Originally posted by Phil C
Hey AP some of us usually greet the team when they go to State when they pass through Sinton with signs but they never passed through or the time was changed because I was told they would be passing through Sinton at 10 this morning but I guess they changed routes or times. Oh well. Go Panthers! Win State!

Not sure what happened with the routes/times ... but what a great idea! I just checked the TSRN website and they are scheduled to broadcast the game tomorrow. I will probably listen to it on the computer rather than the radio (but have a radio handy, just in case).

Geez, it is a nice day today ... I think we should all take the day off!;)

Maroon87
03-09-2005, 12:15 PM
Go get 'em AP!!! Bring one home for the Coastal Bend!

Sinton94
03-09-2005, 01:12 PM
Great story and good Luck AP!:)

SintonFan
03-09-2005, 02:36 PM
AP Panther Fan, which station will the game be on?
Good Luck Panthers!!!
PLAY GREAT AND TAKE STATE!!!!!
:clap: :clap: :clap:

AP Panther Fan
03-09-2005, 03:18 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan
AP Panther Fan, which station will the game be on?
Good Luck Panthers!!!
PLAY GREAT AND TAKE STATE!!!!!
:clap: :clap: :clap:

Here locally, 91.1 FM ... but if you're in San Antonio, getting it from the Texas Sports Radio Network website will probably work best. I am thinking that is what I will do because the broadcast is so clear. I listened to one of our games a couple of years ago on tsrn and it was "the next best thing" to being there!:D

SintonFan
03-09-2005, 03:25 PM
Isn't 91.1 one of those 500 watt powerhouses?

AP Panther Fan
03-09-2005, 03:29 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan
Isn't 91.1 one of those 500 watt powerhouses?

Not sure ... tried to listen while watching a baseball game over the weekend. The reception was okay, but I was distracted also....:rolleyes: :D

KTJ
03-09-2005, 03:31 PM
Originally posted by AP Panther Fan
Yesterday, the Aransas Pass Schools celebrated a wonderful season and encouraged their varsity basketball team by having a "traveling" pep rally. The team and cheerleaders went to each campus where they were cheered on by the students.:cheerl:

My eight year old daughter told me about all of the excitement at her campus when the "really tall guy" (Matt Hall) dunked the ball in their gym during the pep rally! Can you imagine the impression these guys made on the younger kids and vice versa...the feeling they received by all of the support and enthusiasm shown by the "future" panthers! Way to go APISD!

:thumbsup:

This morning the team loaded up on a Charter Bus and went by each school where they were sent off with banners, waves and big smiles ... They are officially on their way! Here's hoping they have a safe trip and truly great memories that will last a lifetime!:D

Gainesville did something similar to that the years they went to State. It was really awesome.

AP-fan
03-10-2005, 07:29 AM
Thanks for the kind words, it's nice to know we have some fans outside of AP. We're all "one" for a few more days. Next week it's back to district play.

Off to Austin in about an hour, hopefully the 1st of two trips.

AP-fan
Class of 82

Vrabird
03-10-2005, 07:42 AM
Good luck Panthers! Do South Texas Proud.

Phil C
03-10-2005, 09:13 AM
Originally posted by AP-fan
Thanks for the kind words, it's nice to know we have some fans outside of AP. We're all "one" for a few more days. Next week it's back to district play.

Off to Austin in about an hour, hopefully the 1st of two trips.

AP-fan
Class of 82

You got that right AP! We fight it out in district AP but when the dusk is settled whoever is advancing we all support our district representatives.