PDA

View Full Version : Former Sinton Softball Pitcher pitches Near Perfect Hitless game.

Phil C
03-09-2005, 09:09 AM
I found that Amanda Stevens who pitched for the Sinton softball team (and also played great basketball and volleyball) and who is a senior pitcher for Texas Lutheran University pitched a fantastic game last weekend agains University of Arkansas in the Ozarks. In 7 innings she struck out 21 batters! Fantastic! Unfortunately there was no run support and the score was 0 - 0. In the extra inning they put runners on second base and one of the Arkansas players got a pot fly to advance her thus stopping a perfect game. Texas Lutheran still held them out of there and went on to win 3 to 0. It would have been perfect if the game could have ended in 7 innings. Gotta have that run support though. Way to go Amanda! The Riflearm from Sinton!!

Phil C
03-09-2005, 09:36 AM
I forgot to mention it was 21 straight batters - not just 21 batters. :)

pirate44
03-09-2005, 09:38 AM
Originally posted by Phil C
I forgot to mention it was 21 straight batters - not just 21 batters. :)
amazing performance. makes us Sinton folk proud.

OnceABuc
03-09-2005, 09:55 AM
Actually she struck out ONLY 13 of the 25 batters she faced over 8 inningsin this game. In last Fri & Sat games she struck out 20 over 17+ innings, recording 2 shutouts but lost to a very good East Texas Baptist team 4-0. Pitchers, always remember that if you have that 0 on your side of the ledger, you will lose that game on matter how well you pitch (or as BPhill says - Run Support!).

Phil C
03-09-2005, 10:10 AM
Thanks for the correction once! A remarkable performance!