PDA

View Full Version : Great Aggie story...

big daddy russ
03-09-2005, 12:19 AM
Tonight's baseball game against UT-Arlington was "Pull-Out Day" for the Class of 2007. They were selling t-shirts for $5 and if you wore them to the game you'd get set up with free admission, hot dogs and drinks. Great deal considering that a ticket to the game would've run me $6.

Well, my girlfriend happens to be the proudest member of the Fightin' Texas Aggie Class of 2007... and her class had a HUGE Aggie moment tonight. One of the most boneheaded things I may have ever seen.

So she buys these t-shirts for both of us (I'm an old fart who doesn't even go to school at A&M, but I look like I'm 19 so it worked out) and tells me to pick her up from school after I get off work. So I go to pick her up and she's got the shirts in her backpack. We show up to the game and she busts out the shirts....

...and I only have one thing to say to the student council '07: If you're going to make shirts that literally thousands of people are going to wear to a game, use your own colors or at the very least find out what the other team's colors are before you make the shirts.

That's right. They didn't make those shirts maroon. They were royal blue and white, the same colors as UT-A, and about half the student section was flooded with kids in royal blue.

Classic.

AggieJohn
03-09-2005, 02:17 AM
the FTAC 07 will never be as good as the FTAC 06

LH Panther Mom
03-09-2005, 06:05 AM
Wonderful story, Russ! :clap: I hope you didn't have to explain it to her. ;)

Phil C
03-09-2005, 09:47 AM
That is a great story Russ - especially since it is true!

Phil C
03-09-2005, 09:50 AM
Of course we all make mistakes like that. I just found out why my pm box was so full after I kept deleting my pms and wondered why it was still so full until I realized today that sent pms were also stored which was a factor. After deleting all my sent pms it did wonders for my space box. A good one on the GodFather who is not too good with computers. :)

AggieJohn
03-09-2005, 09:57 AM
you are forgiven

Bulldog_12
03-09-2005, 11:13 AM
Thats hilarious Russ. I wish I would have been there to see it. Oh well. GEEZ typical aggies. :D

Bullaholic
03-09-2005, 11:35 AM
Russ...That was not as bad of a "blooper" as the prank played by Yale on Harvard at their 2004 football game. It seems that Yale students disguised as Harvard pep squad members passed out pieces of red and white construction paper to fans in the stands with the instructions, that on cue, they should be held up and displayed to form the words "Go Harvard". When the time came, the Yale spies gave the cue and the Harvard fans held up their cards which formed the words "We Suck". Oh man, that hurts.

LH Panther Mom
03-09-2005, 11:36 AM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
Russ...That was not as bad of a "blooper" as the prank played by Yale on Harvard at their 2004 football game. It seems that Yale students disguised as Harvard pep squad members passed out pieces of red and white construction paper to fans in the stands with the instructions, that on cue, they should be held up and displayed to form the words "Go Harvard". When the time came, the Yale spies gave the cue and the Harvard fans held up their cards which formed the words "We Suck". Oh man, that hurts.

At least that was a prank. The poor Aggies did it to themselves. :D

jason
03-09-2005, 11:38 AM
Yale/Harvard Prank (http://www.harvardsucks.org/)

SPF25
03-09-2005, 12:37 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
Thats hallarious.:clap: