PDA

View Full Version : The "Where Should KTJ go for Spring Break" Poll

KTJ
03-08-2005, 02:56 PM
So where should I go and what should I do?

Bandera YaYa
03-08-2005, 03:10 PM
Looks like you're gonna go visit your dear parents!! That's so nice. :D

LH Panther Mom
03-08-2005, 03:11 PM
Originally posted by Bandera YaYa
Looks like you're gonna go visit your dear parents!! That's so nice. :D

Those were my exact thoughts. :D

spiveyrat
03-08-2005, 03:35 PM
You do know that you are expected to follow the results of the poll, right? :D

onfirebball05mustang
03-08-2005, 03:35 PM
now it looks like visiting parents anc corpus :p

Bulldog_12
03-08-2005, 03:41 PM
Go to Galveston and look me up. Thats where I plan on going. Either there or Padre.

pirate44
03-08-2005, 03:47 PM
itll prob be sold out soon, if not already, but the Pat Green / Gary Allan concert at the outdoor amphitheater in Corpus Christi is gonna kick off the spring break season down here. There may be some tickets left. Probably will be the best concert in this area. i think it starts 7:00pm this saturday night.

jason
03-08-2005, 03:51 PM
how bout u drive to galveston, drink for a day or 2, then drive to new orleans, drink some more...then go back to austin, and drink til class starts monday.....

Bandera YaYa
03-08-2005, 04:03 PM
Originally posted by jason
how bout u drive to galveston, drink for a day or 2, then drive to new orleans, drink some more...then go back to austin, and drink til class starts monday..... Don't you listen to Jason.....he 's a bad influence......go see your wonderful parents.....you know....the people who allow you to atend college so that you actually have this Spring Break??? Now get your butt over there!! :D

rockdale80
03-08-2005, 04:06 PM
Originally posted by jason
how bout u drive to galveston, drink for a day or 2, then drive to new orleans, drink some more...then go back to austin, and drink til class starts monday.....

I am with him on this one. Nothing like a little road trip. Mexico is also a good option, but I dont see it listed.

KTJ
03-08-2005, 04:09 PM
Mexico is overrated rockdale. :D

And my parents do get bright eyed when I come home for a few days. LOL! :D

rockdale80
03-08-2005, 04:11 PM
MEXICO IS AWESOME. Nothing like cheap beer, and lots of hot latinas. :D

raider red 2000
03-08-2005, 04:16 PM
it is spring break

start drinking in austin....make you way to the beach...any beach. have fun! be safe! party hard!

my last spring break...how lame is this? i left corpus to goto lubbock....super lame

ej2525
03-08-2005, 04:19 PM
Originally posted by Bulldog_12
Either there or Padre.

Are you serious? Is there anything to debate about Galveston or Padre? :D

Padre.... Galveston... Padre... Galveston... Hmmm..... :rolleyes:

Bulldog_12
03-08-2005, 04:29 PM
Originally posted by ej2525
Are you serious? Is there anything to debate about Galveston or Padre? :D

Padre.... Galveston... Padre... Galveston... Hmmm..... :rolleyes:

Yeah, it all depends on how much time I have. Im at the State Tournament till sunday, then it all depends on my friends and how much time they have. I think we are just gonna drive to one of these places in sleep in one of my friends excursion. Should be VERY interesting.:D

ILS1
03-08-2005, 05:07 PM
Originally posted by rockdale80
MEXICO IS AWESOME. Nothing like cheap beer, and lots of hot latinas. :D

Totally agree with ya Rockdale!!! Don't forget about the great food!! I always come back about 5 pounds heavier from there!!!

:p

KTJ
03-08-2005, 05:21 PM
There must be a lot of you parents voting. ;)

Bandera YaYa
03-08-2005, 05:39 PM
Originally posted by KTJ
There must be a lot of you parents voting. ;) Can we vote twice???? :D
Stay away from Mexico....the beer might be cheap, but you could come back with things you DONT want ...... :eek: :o

pirate44
03-08-2005, 05:43 PM
and another thing about mexico, i disagree with the thread about the food making you gain weight. my guess is that youd lose that weight and more after being stuck in a bathroom for days (at least after eating in Nuevo Progresso)

Bandera YaYa
03-08-2005, 05:46 PM
Originally posted by pirate44
and another thing about mexico, i disagree with the thread about the food making you gain weight. my guess is that youd lose that weight and more after being stuck in a bathroom for days (at least after eating in Nuevo Progresso) Well, I was going to mention that.....NEVER eat or drink while in Mexico....can really tear up your insides!!!! Trust me on this one.......

pirate44
03-08-2005, 05:48 PM
Well, I was going to mention that.....NEVER eat or drink while in Mexico....can really tear up your insides!!!! Trust me on this one.......
even at the nicer resteraunts like Garcias or Arturo's. but especially beware of the food the street vendors sell. :eek: (here again im speaking of Progresso)

AP Panther Fan
03-08-2005, 06:30 PM
even at the nicer resteraunts like Garcias or Arturo's. but especially beware of the food the street vendors sell. :eek: (here again im speaking of Progresso)

Even Arturo's????:weeping:

I think the two things that bother me most about eating in Mexico are:

1) the cheese isn't yellow

2) the tortilla chips are funky colors:mad:

CHS_CG
03-08-2005, 06:57 PM
Originally posted by KTJ
There must be a lot of you parents voting. ;)

Looks like you are still goin to see ur parents.

pirate44
03-08-2005, 07:22 PM
Originally posted by AP Panther Fan
Even Arturo's????:weeping:

I think the two things that bother me most about eating in Mexico are:

1) the cheese isn't yellow

2) the tortilla chips are funky colors:mad:
the neat thing though, is that for a couple bucks you can get a steak served by a waiter wearing a tuxedo

ILS1
03-08-2005, 08:29 PM
1.the cheese isn't yellow.

The reason most people have stomach ailments, is because of the differences in the cooking between Tex-Mex and real Mexican food. The cheese isn't yellow because it's not made from cow's milk but goat's milk instead. They used lard instead of cooking oil or Pam. Plus,I haven't even mention the differences in the spices!! I guess most people's stomach are more acclimated to the food here than anywhere else. When I went to Spain many years ago,I was in the bathroom the whole time I was there.

KTJ
03-09-2005, 10:50 AM
Alrighty. Well we will see what I end up doing and I'll get back to you all.

:D

LH Panther Mom
03-09-2005, 10:58 AM
Originally posted by KTJ
Alrighty. Well we will see what I end up doing and I'll get back to you all.

:D

Here's how you work it. Go home to see the folks for a few days. You know they'll be happy to see you. Then, you play the poor broke college student card. If you do it right, they'll give you some money. Then you'll have some extra to party with. :D Trust me.... us parents can be suckers at times. ;)

SintonFan
03-09-2005, 10:58 AM
Originally posted by ILS1
The cheese isn't yellow because it's not made from cow's milk but goat's milk instead. They used lard instead of cooking oil or Pam. Plus,I haven't even mention the differences in the spices!! I guess most people's stomach are more acclimated to the food here than anywhere else. When I went to Spain many years ago,I was in the bathroom the whole time I was there.

Maybe you drank some of that yellow cow's milk?:p

Bandera YaYa
03-09-2005, 11:03 AM
the neat thing though, is that for a couple bucks you can get a steak served by a waiter wearing a tuxedo Yeah, that's true...but a steak of what?????? (bark bark) :rolleyes:

pirate44
03-09-2005, 11:14 AM
Yeah, that's true...but a steak of what?????? (bark bark) :rolleyes:
prime rib of terrier mix

44INAROW
03-09-2005, 11:33 AM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
Here's how you work it. Go home to see the folks for a few days. You know they'll be happy to see you. Then, you play the poor broke college student card. If you do it right, they'll give you some money. Then you'll have some extra to party with. :D Trust me.... us parents can be suckers at times. ;)

yep this is STUDENT SPRING BREAK 101 :D