PDA

View Full Version : Hey Pirate4State regarding Sinton Baseball Tonight!

Phil C
03-08-2005, 02:09 PM
I found out the varsity game with Calallen is in Sinton tonight! I am not sure of the time so maybe if you find out please post! Baseball tonight, Phase 10 tomorrow night, Softball on Thursday and again on Friday, and the Volleyball tounament Saturday and all in Sinton! You gotta love it!! :)

pirate4state
03-08-2005, 02:13 PM
Game time is 7 p.m. Great weather for a ball game! :) This will be the first game I'll be able to watch. :)

Phil C
03-08-2005, 02:15 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
Game time is 7 p.m. Great weather for a ball game! :) This will be the first game I'll be able to watch. :)

Thank you Pirate! I plan to be there too!

AP Panther Fan
03-08-2005, 06:44 PM
Originally posted by Phil C
I found out the varsity game with Calallen is in Sinton tonight! I am not sure of the time so maybe if you find out please post! Baseball tonight, Phase 10 tomorrow night, Softball on Thursday and again on Friday, and the Volleyball tounament Saturday and all in Sinton! You gotta love it!! :)

I have to drive to Bishop! arrrgghh!:mad:

Maroon87
03-08-2005, 07:02 PM

That should be an awesome game. Wish I could be there!:(

Vrabird
03-08-2005, 09:16 PM
Just drove by the field, and the score was 1-1 in the 4th ining. A light rain is falling, so maybe they will be able to finish it. GO PIRATES!!

pirate44
03-08-2005, 11:23 PM
thanks Vrabird. are there any more updates on the game. ive been painting and couldnt get over there.

pirate44
03-08-2005, 11:32 PM
Corpus Christi channel 6 news had the game with calallen squeaking by sinton 4-3. must have been a great game. i wish i was there.

pirate44
03-09-2005, 08:53 AM
isn't Calallen ranked #1 in 4a baseball this year?

Phil C
03-09-2005, 09:00 AM
I don't know Pirate but they have a good team. The Pirates played them great and except for a few critical errors could have won it. Both teams should do well in district coming up.

pirate44
03-09-2005, 09:01 AM
did coach K play mostly starters? or did he play the younger, less experienced kids?

pirate44
03-09-2005, 09:11 AM
Hey Phil C. i tried to pm ya but the box was full. i was a few bucks short last night and i didnt feel like going to the ATM. but i had alot painting to do last night anyway. sounds like a great game though

Phil C
03-09-2005, 09:11 AM
I would say it was probably mostly starters but he is still looking at some younger kids. He usually does that till district starts. The Pirates did a great job!

pirate44
03-09-2005, 09:16 AM
I would say it was probably mostly starters but he is still looking at some younger kids. He usually does that till district starts. The Pirates did a great job!
thats great news considering coach Chapman usually goes all out with his starters for every game

AP Panther Fan
03-09-2005, 09:18 AM
Sounds like it was a great game! Congratulations on a tremendous effort by the Pirates!:)

Phil C
03-09-2005, 09:30 AM
Originally posted by pirate44
thats great news considering coach Chapman usually goes all out with his starters for every game

I think Calallen was using their starters. They changed pitchers three times.

pirate4state
03-09-2005, 10:05 AM
I think Calallen was using their starters. They changed pitchers three times. I was sitting near a Cal fan and he said that the 1st and 3rd pitcher we saw were their best pitchers.

Maroon87
03-09-2005, 10:51 AM
Originally posted by pirate44
isn't Calallen ranked #1 in 4a baseball this year?

I believe Calallen is ranked #8 in 4A. Boerne is #1...they beat Calallen last week 5-3 at the Boerne Tourney. Hey...that rhymes!:D :clap: Sounds like it was the type of game I thought it'd be...two heavyweights going at it.

pirate44
03-09-2005, 10:53 AM
Originally posted by Maroon87
Boerne Tourney. Hey...that rhymes!:D :clap:
LOL:D

SintonFan
03-09-2005, 11:05 AM
I believe Calallen is ranked #8 in 4A. Boerne is #1...they beat Calallen last week 5-3 at the Boerne Tourney. Hey...that rhymes!:D :clap: Sounds like it was the type of game I thought it'd be...two heavyweights going at it.
Calallen is ranked #1 in the THSBCA poll according to todays Caller-Times. The CT said Sinton was listed at #3 but they didn't show in the rankings.

pirate4state
03-09-2005, 11:09 AM
Originally posted by SintonFan
Calallen is ranked #1 in the THSBCA poll according to todays Caller-Times. The CT said Sinton was listed at #3 but they didn't show in the rankings. Sinton is no longer ranked in the THSBCA poll, having lost 4 games. Lucky for us we don't care about rankings. ;) :D

Maroon87
03-09-2005, 11:42 AM
Sinton is no longer ranked in the THSBCA poll, having lost 4 games. Lucky for us we don't care about rankings. ;) :D

LOL! Yeah...rankings, shmankings...just get me to Austin!:D :cool:

Phil C
03-09-2005, 11:52 AM
LOL! Yeah...rankings, shmankings...just get me to Austin!:D :cool:

You got that right Maroon! I remember in the late 80s we won state twice and were not even ranked when we got to the state turnament because both years early in the season we played good 5A teams and lost and they knocked us out of the rankings every time while we cried all the way to two state championships!!

District303aPastPlayer
03-09-2005, 12:02 PM
id take a #55 ranking plus a state chip over a #1 rankin and not make it that far anyday.

Maroon87
03-09-2005, 12:11 PM
You got that right Maroon! I remember in the late 80s we won state twice and were not even ranked when we got to the state turnament because both years early in the season we played good 5A teams and lost and they knocked us out of the rankings every time while we cried all the way to two state championships!!

Hopefully you guys can add to your title collection this year. I know we sure would like to get title #2 because, as you know, one is the loneliest number.:D Best of luck to the Pirates this season...Hopefully we'll both make it to Austin so we can really paint the town maroon!

District303aPastPlayer
03-09-2005, 12:16 PM
Hopefully you guys can add to your title collection this year. I know we sure would like to get title #2 because, as you know, one is the loneliest number.:D Best of luck to the Pirates this season...Hopefully we'll both make it to Austin so we can really paint the town maroon!

we have a total of 7 state titles....

3- Baseball
3- Academic Decathlon
1- Basketball

pirate44
03-09-2005, 12:18 PM
what a time that would be. count me in:clap:

Sinton94
03-09-2005, 01:16 PM
I heard Dunlap hit a HR over the new score board! Is that true? If so that's pretty amazing considering how high that thing is!:clap:

pirate4state
03-09-2005, 02:53 PM
Originally posted by Sinton94
I heard Dunlap hit a HR over the new score board! Is that true? If so that's pretty amazing considering how high that thing is!:clap: He did hit a HR, but I don't think it went over the score board. :thinking:

SintonFan
03-09-2005, 02:57 PM
Sinton is no longer ranked in the THSBCA poll, having lost 4 games. Lucky for us we don't care about rankings. ;) :D
That's what I get for reading that rag.:o ;)

Phil C
03-09-2005, 03:02 PM
He did hit a HR, but I don't think it went over the score board. :thinking:

I don't think it went over it either Pirate. It looked like it went over right beside it though. A great hit though! It would have been nice if we had had a couple of players on base though. :)

Phil C
03-09-2005, 03:07 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan
That's what I get for reading that rag.:o ;)

In 5A Moody (who actually could be in 4A) is ranked No. 1, In 4A Calallen is ranked No. 1 and Robstown is ranked No. 7 and in 3A Falfurrias is ranked No. 6.

Phil C
03-09-2005, 03:18 PM
Hey Pirate4State any idea how the JV and Freshmen team did against Calallen last night? I think they played those games in Calallen.

pirate4state
03-09-2005, 04:33 PM
Hey Pirate4State any idea how the JV and Freshmen team did against Calallen last night? I think they played those games in Calallen. Sorry, Phil I don't know. I did hear that one of our JV players hit a HR. :thumbsup:

Phil C
03-09-2005, 05:24 PM
Sorry, Phil I don't know. I did hear that one of our JV players hit a HR. :thumbsup:

I think one of the players were there after the game but I am not sure if he was a freshman or jv player. He said they really whipped Calallen. If so look for Calallen to drop Sinton from the schedule the next few years. :)