PDA

View Full Version : GSquared invited to Mingus .... again

PurpleFreddy
03-08-2005, 11:49 AM
this was a pic that as part of an e-vite that was sent out from the boys in Mingus ...

http://austintexas420.tripod.com/2003rally-austintexas/2003rally8.jpg

pirate44
03-08-2005, 11:50 AM
Originally posted by PurpleFreddy
this was a pic that as part of an e-vite that was sent out from the boys in Mingus ...

someones gonna have to fill me in on the Mingus boys:thinking:

44INAROW
03-08-2005, 11:58 AM
Originally posted by PurpleFreddy

I'd love to hear the story on the guy by the ATM Machine in the yellow bikini :eek:

Bullaholic
03-08-2005, 12:14 PM
Originally posted by pirate44
someones gonna have to fill me in on the Mingus boys:thinking:

I'll do my best, P44. Mingus is a little town not far from Mineral Wells which gained sort of a reputation years ago for brawling in it's downtown drinking establishments, especially on Sat. nights by a lot of the locals, who were comprised mostly of young, tough guys who were employed as "cedar hackers" . They would go out during the day and harvest cedar trees which are abundant around the area. So, when they got off from work, after getting paid, and much like the "cowboy" of old---they headed for downtown Mingus and a good time. I think this has ceased completely over the last few years. Maybe someone else can be more specific, but this is generally the story behind our reference to the "Mingus boys".

pirate44
03-08-2005, 12:15 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
I'll do my best, P44. Mingus is a little town not far from Mineral Wells which gained sort of a reputation years ago for brawling in it's downtown drinking establishments, especially on Sat. nights by a lot of the locals, who were comprised mostly of young, tough guys who were employed as "cedar hackers" . They would go out during the day and harvest cedar trees which are abundant around the area. So, when they got off from work, after getting paid, and much like the "cowboy" of old---they headed for downtown Mingus and a good time. I think this has ceased completely over the last few years. Maybe someone else can be more specific, but this is generally the story behind our reference to the "Mingus boys".
LOL...i thought "Mingus" was a family name..thanks for the clarification. its an interesting story. almost movie-worthy.

PurpleFreddy
03-08-2005, 02:09 PM
is that there are only about 240 people who live there but they have eight bars, at the very least ...
And eight miles away is Strawn, home to the world-famous Mary's Cafe.

Bubba-Joe
03-08-2005, 02:17 PM
Does Marys in Strawn still have an all you can eat Shrimp night once a month?
Bubba Joe and Harley riding friends frequented Marys in the early 1980's.
Start the evening in Strawn and make the ride over to Mingus for a night of brew.

Mingus was a place where you could get a beer and a beatin real quick if you werent careful