PDA

View Full Version : Recruiting Question

CRHSeagle
03-07-2005, 08:41 PM
I need some help on where one should send tapes to. I know it would help to send to some schools but what websites should one visit or who should I talk to for help in that department. I'm trying to help out a friend so any help would be greatly appreciated.

VWG
03-07-2005, 09:25 PM
First... ask your coach in that respective sport. He should be able to help you out first.
Second, beware of the recruiting sites that offer to send your tape around the country for a fee.

CRHSeagle
03-07-2005, 10:50 PM
Our football coach is helping but its hard to get his name out whenever you go to a school that doesnt get many college recruits. The last D1 player we had to play football was in 03 and even then there playing in the Air Force.

CHS_DT#75
03-08-2005, 12:06 AM
dude chad smith is a freakin hoss....

Z motion 10 out on 2
03-08-2005, 04:30 PM
You need to call the coaches at the respective schools that he is interested in. Then get a contact person and send the tape.

You can find the phone numbers and addresses on the web sites of the schools. I have a very good list of most of the lone star conference schools at home. If I can remember I will bring it to work and post it tomorrow here.

BrahmaMom
03-08-2005, 10:45 PM
You can call the football offices of the schools you are interested in, ask the secretary for the coach who recruits your area, send a tape Priority Mail directly to him, follow up with phone calls to see if it was received, another phone call two weeks later to see if it was viewed and ask for feedback, how many of your position do they have scholarships for, do you fit their profile. Call or e-mail regularly to those schools you are very interested in. It is a big job, but if you get a system, analyze who seems most interested in you, drop the ones you get nothing from, it becomes manageable. My advice is to shotgun, don't believe even a third of what they say, go by your gut feel, don't let flattery get in the way, and remember, there is a limited amount of money out there, talk is cheap, but very few dollars get offered. Good luck. It is a fun ride, and it is even better when the dust has settled and you know where you are going!

Z motion 10 out on 2
03-09-2005, 10:57 AM
Originally posted by BrahmaMom
You can call the football offices of the schools you are interested in, ask the secretary for the coach who recruits your area, send a tape Priority Mail directly to him, follow up with phone calls to see if it was received, another phone call two weeks later to see if it was viewed and ask for feedback, how many of your position do they have scholarships for, do you fit their profile. Call or e-mail regularly to those schools you are very interested in. It is a big job, but if you get a system, analyze who seems most interested in you, drop the ones you get nothing from, it becomes manageable. My advice is to shotgun, don't believe even a third of what they say, go by your gut feel, don't let flattery get in the way, and remember, there is a limited amount of money out there, talk is cheap, but very few dollars get offered. Good luck. It is a fun ride, and it is even better when the dust has settled and you know where you are going!

Great advice~

Brahma73
03-09-2005, 02:58 PM
Here is a great site for finding info on prospective colleges. It lists tons of colleges. The advice above is great.
[URL=http://www.college-scholarships.com/texas.htm]

Brahma73
03-09-2005, 03:01 PM
Here is a great site for finding info on prospective colleges. It lists tons of colleges. The advice above is great.
[URL=http://www.college-scholarships.com/texas.htm]

Sorry my URl address didn't look right. Just type it in. It's correct.