PDA

View Full Version : Gilmer 59 Gladewater 6

Baby Bear
08-30-2003, 07:05 AM
This had to be one of, if not the most lopsided games in the history of this great rivalry. I was at the game and couldn't tell if Gilmer was that good or Gladewater was that bad. I'm afraid it was more of Gladewater being bad. Well time will tell. Good Luck Bears!

Gilmer Buckeye
08-30-2003, 09:17 AM
Yeah, you're right. Gilmer's not any good.

Just keep underestimating us out there in 3A Land. And, also, this is not to you, but the ones who keep saying our coach said we would win state. For the ten thousandth time, he DID NOT SAY WE WOULD WIN STATE. He is not crazy. He does not go out of his way to manufacture stuff to line the locker room walls of opponents.

He said our "goal" was to win state, just as any team worth its salt would have as a goal. He was misquoted by a weasely reporter, who still will not print a retraction.

BTW, here was what I said about this game last night on a duplicate thread:

"Derek McKenzie was 9 of 16 for 229 yards and three TDS. All three TDS were caught by Manuel Johnson.

"Andrew Hines carried eight times for 105 yards and three TDs, including runs of 48 and 35 yards. He is still a legitimate 4.4 in the 40 obviously even after the torn meniscus late last season.

"Others made three more TDs. I think the backup QB, Kevin Hollis, made two of them and maybe the other was by J.T. Tennison, who is a backup to Hines.

"It was 20-0 after one quarter and 33-0 at the half.

"The game was never in doubt and I am genuinely surprised at this shocking and awesome performance by the Buckeyes. I was expecting maybe a two-TD margin of victory, especially since it was there and it was their debut game on their new SafePlay turf.

"But there is so much enthusiasm in Gilmer this year that we actually had more fans there. It's only 15 miles from Gilmer to G'water.

"Next week: Jefferson there. Be there. Aloha."

BTW, good luck to the Bears the rest of the season. The Bucks beat Jefferson 52-13 last year in Week One and the Bulldogs turned it around and wound up in a 3-way tie with your guys and Spring Hill for the district title.

Rabbit'93
08-30-2003, 10:34 AM
Nice victory for the buckeyes. Congrats.

Matthew328
08-30-2003, 11:29 AM
I told ya'll Gilmer is for real! LOL