PDA

View Full Version : Week 0 vs Week 1 Season Start

Bullaholic
03-07-2005, 05:52 PM
I like the Bulls to start the season with a week "0" game because I get to see em' play a week earlier, and sometimes it can be an advantage if you catch a Week 1 starting team in a tough game. The "bye" week can help also if you can catch it right before a "big" game or starting district. G2's daily season countdown reminder isn't moving nearly fast enough for me.

Gobbla2001
03-07-2005, 06:12 PM
I dunno... This was Cuero's first year 'ever' to have a Zero week... It was kinda cool because I was able to see the Gobblers a week earlier than usual, but if you think about it, 32 or whatever weeks isn't that much more than the 31 (just an example) Zero week makes you wait...

I mean I was able to see #1 (at the time) in 4A Bay City go down to the wire against a district rival... Woulda been at a Cuero game had we not played a Zero week game...

Heck, we had a Zero week for the first time ever and went to state for the first time in 6 years... guess that isn't bad (though I seriously doubt that it had anything to do with it)...

After experiencing one Zero-Week season from the Gobblers... I really don't care, either way, just play 10 reg season games and 5/6 playoff games

:D