PDA

View Full Version : This weekend

Gsquared
03-07-2005, 08:37 AM
Anybody else wanna hop on board with us and go Rattler huntin in Sweetwater? Lots of Shiner and snakes! The two together pretty darn well.

pirate44
03-07-2005, 08:45 AM
Originally posted by Gsquared
Anybody else wanna hop on board with us and go Rattler huntin in Sweetwater? Lots of Shiner and snakes! The two together pretty darn well.
nothing more id rather do but i have too much work around the house to accomplish. and Pat Green concert on saturday. but man, id love to do a little snake huntin

Cameronbystander
03-07-2005, 08:45 AM
You would probably not hear this from many native Texans but those are two of the things I hate most in this world. When drinking was legal at 18, I tried my best to find a beer I could like but they all tasted like the proverbial Horse Pi--. I decided then to stick with good old sweet tea.

And the best place for a rattlesnake to be is at the end of a 12 guage shotgun barrrel.

Gsquared
03-07-2005, 10:33 AM
Originally posted by Cameronbystander
You would probably not hear this from many native Texans but those are two of the things I hate most in this world. When drinking was legal at 18, I tried my best to find a beer I could like but they all tasted like the proverbial Horse Pi--. I decided then to stick with good old sweet tea.

And the best place for a rattlesnake to be is at the end of a 12 guage shotgun barrrel.
I agree, I hate snakes but im gonna try catchin some of em

TheDOCTORdre
03-07-2005, 11:08 AM
Home sweet home.. gotta love it

PurpleFreddy
03-07-2005, 11:13 AM
Here is a volunteer, pictured below:

http://www.matrifocus.com/LAM03/images/rattlesnake-opt.jpg

AP Panther Fan
Originally posted by pirate44
nothing more id rather do but i have too much work around the house to accomplish. and Pat Green concert on saturday. but man, id love to do a little snake huntin

How was the concert? Cold, wet and rainy? :(

Bullaholic
The Mingus boys missed you Sat. night, G2.....

http://www.pcpros-tx.com/syrian.jpg

pirate44
03-07-2005, 11:17 AM
Originally posted by AP Panther Fan
How was the concert? Cold, wet and rainy? :(
the concert is saturday (12th). i cant wait. i hope the weather is nice and everything dries out.

AP Panther Fan
03-07-2005, 11:19 AM
the concert is saturday (12th). i cant wait. i hope the weather is nice and everything dries out.

Ohhhh, that's right, it was Hillary Duff this weekend....sure you didn't go to that one?:evillaugh :evillaugh

Hope the home improvements are moving along.:)

pirate44
03-07-2005, 11:24 AM
Originally posted by AP Panther Fan
Ohhhh, that's right, it was Hillary Duff this weekend....sure you didn't go to that one?:evillaugh :evillaugh

Hope the home improvements are moving along.:)
scalpers were asking too much for hillary duff. so i was outa luck. house is coming along. we through out our old carpet by the curb, and saturday in the rain someone came and picked it up. i guess it was in better condition than i thought. but they left the darn carpet pad.:mad: hehe.
yesterday morning while we were washing the walls, someone drove up and asked me if we were getting the house ready to lease. i guess he thought he would ask and maybe get in an early offer.

AP Panther Fan
03-07-2005, 11:40 AM
yesterday morning while we were washing the walls, someone drove up and asked me if we were getting the house ready to lease. i guess he thought he would ask and maybe get in an early offer.

That or MAYBE he was just being nosey! :D

Small towns:rolleyes: Don't be surprised if it makes the local newspaper.:D

pirate44
03-07-2005, 11:44 AM
my luck, itll have headlines "Local Troublemaker Litters. Clogs Up Gutters With Carpet Costing Millions in Flood Damage"

Gsquared
03-07-2005, 12:36 PM
Hillary Duff concert?

44INAROW
03-07-2005, 12:46 PM
Hillary Duff concert?

Hilary Duff or snake hunting HHMMM I think reruns of Love Connection sound better :evillaugh :evillaugh :evillaugh :evillaugh

Gsquared
03-07-2005, 01:11 PM
Ill take the snakes!!!!!!!!

ASUFrisbeeStud
03-07-2005, 01:20 PM
I'll be there hunting snakes and participating in all the weekends events. This is my 20th straight year of going to the roundup. My girlfriends granddad has some land outside of town we're gonna go huntin' on if anyone else wants to come.

Bandera YaYa
03-07-2005, 02:23 PM
Ya'll are in dire need of some more choices..... :rolleyes:

Gsquared
03-07-2005, 03:54 PM
ASU, we wanna hunt! I saw something about a guided hunt

ASUFrisbeeStud
03-07-2005, 08:40 PM
Yeah the Jaycees take out people for guided hunts, alot of time its weather permitting. I think it'll set you back 30-50$ though, not quite sure. My grandpa was a Jaycee for a long time so I went on some hunts, it's an experience.

Gsquared
03-08-2005, 07:18 AM
Originally posted by ASUFrisbeeStud
Yeah the Jaycees take out people for guided hunts, alot of time its weather permitting. I think it'll set you back 30-50$ though, not quite sure. My grandpa was a Jaycee for a long time so I went on some hunts, it's an experience.
Oh crap, I was expecting to pay like 20 bucks for the guided hunt. Screw that, ill just stay in town and drink Shiner and eat.

AP Panther Fan
03-08-2005, 09:52 AM
Oh crap, I was expecting to pay like 20 bucks for the guided hunt. Screw that, ill just stay in town and drink Shiner and eat.

Do they have rattlesnake races also? In the round-up down here you get to pay $20.00 for the OPPORTUNITY to put on these large rubber leggings and chase a rattlesnake with a stick towards a finish line. Literally hundreds of people do this (about 20 at a time) for a chance to get in the final race. Go figure!:rolleyes: :)

Bandera YaYa
03-08-2005, 10:00 AM
It's confirmed.....there are some sick, sick people in this world........ :rolleyes:

AP Panther Fan
03-08-2005, 10:02 AM
Originally posted by Bandera YaYa
It's confirmed.....there are some sick, sick people in this world........ :rolleyes:

I hear ya....did you read the "Save Toby" thread? I am starting to worry about some of our friends on here!;)

LH Panther Mom
03-08-2005, 10:04 AM
Originally posted by Bandera YaYa

Maybe not sick, but at the very least they have some lack of common sense and/or have consumed way too many cervezas. :evilgrin:

Gsquared
03-08-2005, 12:48 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
Maybe not sick, but at the very least they have some lack of common sense and/or have consumed way too many cervezas. :evilgrin:
Sometimes we put jello or puding in our underwear and go fishin for snakes at the skating rink, but only when my horse forgets to bring his pencil

footballmom
03-08-2005, 02:02 PM

G2, personally I think thats a great idea!!! If anyone was going to get bit it would be YOU!:doh: