PDA

View Full Version : Kirbyville vs Silsbee-maybe the best football game in 3A next year!

Old Cardinal
03-06-2005, 07:31 PM
In looking over the big picture these two teams are really loaded with returning talent. They both beat Jasper last year with very young talent and of course #3 team in the District did a great job in the finals.
I think that Silsbee will be a team to be a real bonafide thread in all sports, not just football. Comments?

Astrosdawg07
03-06-2005, 07:50 PM
Originally posted by Old Cardinal

I think that Silsbee will be a team to be a real bonafide team in all sports, not just football. Comments?

I agree

jet sweep
03-06-2005, 08:42 PM
I agree with everything said about silsbee except the bit about the kirbyville match up......if u were at the game last year, you know that silsbee dominated the wildcats. i think they beat them by 25 or so........i am much more interested in the silsbee-jasper matchup........kirbyville is a good team, but i don't think they are in the same echelon as silsbee and jasper....just my opinion. i look for silsbee and jasper to beat kirbyville and set the stage for a week 10 matchup for the district title. silsbee is having an unbelievable year in athletics........i think they have won district in every varsity sport so far!!!

Bulldog_12
03-06-2005, 10:00 PM
Im with you, I think the Jasper-Silsbee matchup will be good again this next year, at least better than Silsbee and K-ville. I know they both beat Jasper, but even a blind hog finds an acorn every once in a while.

Hupernikomen
03-06-2005, 10:38 PM
Originally posted by Astrosdawg07
I agree

I think they aren't a threat to be..they already are...

Tiger90
03-06-2005, 11:06 PM
It has been a while but I'm glad they are back.

89JDAWG
03-07-2005, 09:15 AM
I think the k-ville vs silsbee game is in k-ville this year if so then it should be closer than last year.

jet sweep
03-07-2005, 09:42 AM
Originally posted by 89JDAWG
I think the k-ville vs silsbee game is in k-ville this year if so then it should be closer than last year.

I agree, but homefield or not, silsbee was bigger, faster, and more talented than kirbyville and a whole bunch of them are back.

gato 76
03-07-2005, 11:31 AM
Wharton has 2 really tough non district games the Cuero game and the game against ElCampo.I see Wharton winning both games this year.

Old Cardinal
03-07-2005, 03:27 PM
Some folks discounted Kirbyville and got beat by them last year. I think that the strength of the returnees will make the Wildcats a real candidate. For me to think they are a non- premium class team is not a reasonable alternative for me.

big daddy russ
03-07-2005, 03:34 PM
Originally posted by gato 76
Wharton has 2 really tough non district games the Cuero game and the game against ElCampo.I see Wharton winning both games this year. Those are both going to be real tough games. Cuero will still be a top-5 team next year and from what I've heard El Campo's program really turned the corner last year.

WOS1
03-07-2005, 03:44 PM
Does Silsbee have that big QB back or Des Doss? I felt like they were the leaders of that team.

jet sweep
03-07-2005, 04:06 PM
unfortunately both doss and porter were seniors. i have heard that the underclassmen over in silsbee are very very good. porter was good, but replaceable....doss was special and i'm not sure that silsbee will be as effective passing the ball as they were last year. they will have a very skilled o-line and a lot of speed in the back field.

WOS1
03-07-2005, 05:01 PM
Like WO-S and Jasper, speed has never been a problem for Silsbee.

gato 76
03-07-2005, 05:07 PM
Big daddy russ,Cuero lost alot from last year team,and i know they had some real good sub varsity teams.ElCampo also lost alot from last year team,but as long as EC has Bob Gillis as there coach they will always be tough.As far as i know Wharton does return some talented skill people,they may hurt in the offense line some but i think they should be ok there.What Wharton has to do is find a way to stop the run,and they may have the people to do it this year.If they can learnto play defense they may surprise some people in region 4.But i feel they can take Cuero and ElCampo this year.

WOS1
03-07-2005, 05:11 PM
Is El Campo in 3A????

big daddy russ
03-07-2005, 05:30 PM
Originally posted by gato 76
Big daddy russ,Cuero lost alot from last year team,and i know they had some real good sub varsity teams.ElCampo also lost alot from last year team,but as long as EC has Bob Gillis as there coach they will always be tough.As far as i know Wharton does return some talented skill people,they may hurt in the offense line some but i think they should be ok there.What Wharton has to do is find a way to stop the run,and they may have the people to do it this year.If they can learnto play defense they may surprise some people in region 4.But i feel they can take Cuero and ElCampo this year. You're right, but most of what Cuero lost was in the trenches. Their skill positions will be absolutely loaded from top to bottom. They very well could be the fastest team in the state next year. Their starting RB (who was injured all of last season... they made it to the title game with their third-string back) is coming back and is already being courted by Texas and a handful of other D-I schools, and while Schumacher's savvy will be tough to replace they're getting more athletic in the backfield. They have three or four guys who can run legit 4.5's.

I have no idea what they have to replace that O-Line of theirs... that could be a weakness or Cuero could reload. You'd have to ask a local about that... I'm not from there. But even if they are simply a better than average offensive line, Cuero's individual speed on offense and team speed on defense makes them a tough team to play. I still think they're one of the five best teams in the state. I'm by no means saying they'll win, but it'll be just as tough to beat them as it was last year. They're just a different team. More speed, less size.

You know, I think that one of the most talented 3A teams I've ever seen (based on individual talent alone) was the 2002 Wharton squad. They still had Kellen Heard and a helluva running back that I think went on to Blinn JC. Saw them play Aransas Pass that year in non-district and you guys completely dominated them... and that Panthers squad was a team that had a legitimate title shot in Division 2 that year.

big daddy russ
03-07-2005, 05:30 PM
Originally posted by WOS1
Is El Campo in 3A????
They're 4A. In the same district as Bay City. That's a tough district up there.

AggiesAreWe
03-07-2005, 07:03 PM
In football, Silsbee returns 5 offensive starters( 2 first team, 2 second team all district), 6 defensive starters( 3 first team, 3 second team all district) and an undefeated JV team that has never lost a game ever( the previous 2 years playing in that tough 4A district with the likes of WOS, Nederland, Ozen, and PNG). In basketball, they return 4 starters and 5 letterman( all district picks have not come out yet, but look for at least 2 of these to make that list, especially our 6'-8'' post Bryan Harris). We lose Desmond Doss though. He is one the special one's that only comes along so often. He is the district MVP in football and will be named district MVP in basketball, most definetly. All in all, Silsbee is just getting started in their reign in 3A.

Old Green
03-07-2005, 11:21 PM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
You're right, but most of what Cuero lost was in the trenches. Their skill positions will be absolutely loaded from top to bottom. They very well could be the fastest team in the state next year. Their starting RB (who was injured all of last season... they made it to the title game with their third-string back) is coming back and is already being courted by Texas and a handful of other D-I schools, and while Schumacher's savvy will be tough to replace they're getting more athletic in the backfield. They have three or four guys who can run legit 4.5's.

I have no idea what they have to replace that O-Line of theirs... that could be a weakness or Cuero could reload. You'd have to ask a local about that... I'm not from there. But even if they are simply a better than average offensive line, Cuero's individual speed on offense and team speed on defense makes them a tough team to play. I still think they're one of the five best teams in the state. I'm by no means saying they'll win, but it'll be just as tough to beat them as it was last year. They're just a different team. More speed, less size.

You know, I think that one of the most talented 3A teams I've ever seen (based on individual talent alone) was the 2002 Wharton squad. They still had Kellen Heard and a helluva running back that I think went on to Blinn JC. Saw them play Aransas Pass that year in non-district and you guys completely dominated them... and that Panthers squad was a team that had a legitimate title shot in Division 2 that year. Big Daddy Russ you got your scouting report down pat. The line will be somewhat smaller, but quicker. If Noack becomes the Qb you will definitely see some passing.

Gobbla2001
03-07-2005, 11:24 PM
Originally posted by Old Green
Big Daddy Russ you got your scouting report down pat. The line will be somewhat smaller, but quicker. If Noack becomes the Qb you will definitely see some passing.

He did very well, I agree...

Also missed our 2nd string RB for 14 games last year, busted out for 300 in his only game played.... he's back as well...

AggiesAreWe
03-08-2005, 04:38 AM
By the way, Silsbee will beat Kirbyville 34-14

89JDAWG
03-08-2005, 09:52 AM
I would like to see silsbee make it past the first round there is no reason our district should not sweep the first two rounds.

jet sweep
03-08-2005, 10:01 AM
Originally posted by 89JDAWG
I would like to see silsbee make it past the first round there is no reason our district should not sweep the first two rounds.

you obviously have not seen palestine play.........think they went 4 deep........not exactly the kind of team you expect in first round.

Jody
03-08-2005, 11:06 AM
Again, any 3-A team east of the San Jacinton river is a good one. There are at least 5 teams in that catagory that could be a state contender, maybe more. Some to watch for 05.

Jasper
Gilmer
Palestine
Silsbee
Kirbyville
Barbers Hill

Gobbla2001
03-08-2005, 01:13 PM
If Silsbee has to play Palestine in the first round, that sux... Palestine was dang good (yes, 4th round)...

So maybe there 'is' a reason you didn't sweep it...

SilsbeeD
03-09-2005, 10:38 PM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
If Silsbee has to play Palestine in the first round, that sux... Palestine was dang good (yes, 4th round)...

So maybe there 'is' a reason you didn't sweep it...

Palestine was a great team with good speed on defense. Had our chances but didn't convert.

Just get ready for the "05" Silsbee Tigers