PDA

View Full Version : Region 1 rankings?

Idiot
10-02-2001, 10:05 AM
Ok someone went off the deep end putting Sweetwater ahead of Wylie in the poll this week, Sweetwater is good but they havent done anything to put them ahead of Wylie, does that mean when Wylie is off this week ( so they wont be beating anyone by 50 points) they will be dropped even further down?

MustangFan03
10-02-2001, 01:01 PM
I think they did that because of the quailty of the teams they have beat. It suprised me also.But still,it's just a number.It can all be settled in a few weeks, so be patient.I think it is great to have as many high caliber teams in the district. It should pay off in the long run. Good luck to all 5-3A teams.

[This message has been edited by MustangFan03 (edited October 02, 2001).]

Jacket2000
10-02-2001, 01:49 PM
The reason for the drop is, Wylie has been very umimpressive against some very weak teams as of late. Sweetwater, on the other hand, has been fairly dominant against the weaker teams, and has beaten at least 1 top ten team. So, make a long story short, we felt that Sweetwater was better than Wylie, so they're ranked higher.
J2K

Idiot
10-02-2001, 01:53 PM
Wanna make a friendly wager on the big game (Wylie vs Sweetwater)?

superman
10-02-2001, 02:32 PM
what are yall smokin??????

Idiot
10-02-2001, 02:39 PM
Welcome back Superman

abicooper
10-02-2001, 03:01 PM
Just a thought. Wylie beat Big Spring by 1, Sweetwater won by 2
Wylie beat Breckenridge 24, Sweetwater won by 12

I will grant you that Wylie did not look great against Big Spring of Llano on offense,
however Caleb Ensor does have two broken fingers on his throwing hand which
I believe is the reason for the poor performance. I believe that Wylie is the team
to beat in Region 1. One thing that you may want to keep in mind is that Coach
Sandifer will play his 2nd and 3rd team generally in the 3rd and 4th quarter
in every pre-season game (non-district) to have better depth when district
and the play-offs start. He is not interested in running up the score or what
the margin of victory is, he believes that a win is a win. The only true ranking is what the final score is when each team plays. Best of luck to all of the teams in District 5-3A.

Idiot
10-02-2001, 03:24 PM
Hmmmmm Abicooper good point,and a point that should be well taken , BUT i will just about brt MR (and i use that term loosely) Jacket is to stubborn to relize his mistake.He just doesnt have a liken for Wylie therefore Wylie goes down in the poles.

Jacket2000
10-02-2001, 05:45 PM
Whoa, I dont do region 1. I was just passing along info on why they moved down.
J2K

coolguycody_c
10-05-2001, 11:48 AM
What about Vernon? Their impressive defensive showing helps to make them a good prospect