PDA

View Full Version : What I observed at Cuero/Yoakum game...

Gobbla2001
10-20-2003, 07:02 PM
Cuero came out firing in the first half, holding Yoakum to only one first down while putting 14 on the board...

In the second half I saw one of the best teams in the state out on the field and wondered what had took them so long to show up... GEEZ Yoakum went OFF...

Their defense did a VERY good job against our running game...

Their offense couldn't get started in the first half... I was REALLY worried that they'd come out firing and dominate the game on offense when I found out one of our DB's would be out another week and that our starting MLB had to leave school with some sort of flu thing (yah, scratchy info is what I received), but we really did well stopping their passing game in the first half...

But Yoakum adjusted well at halftime and put on one heck of a show and I'm suprised the game isn't STILL going on today because it was heading that way...

Yoakum shoulda had 28 on the board when their receiver (coulda been a back or 'end, whatever) broke lose (I mean he was wide open down the middle of the friggan' field), but luckily our D got into the QB's face enough to make him over-shoot him...

AWESOME game, D2 HAS to WATCH OUT FOR YOAKUM...

Though they're mainly a passing team, a defense's adjustment to their explosive passing game will open up their not-too-shabby running game...

All I can still say is WOW...

And though this was a rivalry, I couldn't find my hatred for our cross-county rivals...

I got there, parked and was informed by the Yoakum parking-attendent that I might wanna turn my vehicle around so that I can get out a lot easier... I was like 'You suc.... thank you...'

Then after the game when most everyone had left a buncha of the fans and I in the parking lot ran into Coach Crow... He said he had to turn the lights off in the field-house parking lot but would leave one of the smaller ones on so that we could see... We told him we were about to leave anyway and he said 'Congrats, your boys played a tough game'...

Win-out Yoakum... Hopefully we can tag H'Ville this week...

Adios!

<small>[ October 20, 2003, 07:04 PM: Message edited by: Gobbla2001 ]</small>

bd62
10-20-2003, 09:57 PM
tks. for the complients gobbla. if only these young kids from yoakum would figure out how good they could be if they played 4 qr.crow been telling them that all year. cuero had a lot to do with our first half but there was no excuse for 1 first down and that came with 4 secons left in half.
maybe we can take that second half against an excellent ball club and build on that.
cuero and yoakum both have a bright future. only one senior for yoakum on offense and that was wilemon. he is a good one. 7 juniors start on defense. i think cuero had 2 seniors on offense and 5 seniors on defense.
i think cuero will win out in dist. hallettsville will be a challenge with manning at q.b. cuero needs to continue ball control offense. they should be able to pound them with gomez and cooper and then use that high perecentage passing game to there benefit. cuero will need to work on pass defense. pressure on manning will be critial in that game.

Gobbla2001
10-20-2003, 10:03 PM
Yah, bd, that's why I'm kinda glad you guys showed us how to get passed on ha...

It'll help having our starting sophmore DB back from a two-week ankle-injury (he was off of his crutches this Friday)...

H'Ville is gunna be looking at your guys pass on us really good in the film and try to do what you guys did...

I just think by the time they get to Cuero our problem will be fixed...

bd62
10-20-2003, 10:15 PM
if gonzales can get 260 yds. rushing on hallettsville than cuero should get 400 yds.gonzales had only 6 yds. against us.i think you guys will play keep away. also if you get real physical against manning and there fast reciever(rasaef or something like that) they dont like it. there other good reciever got hurt in gonzales game and is out.

Gobbla2001
10-20-2003, 10:21 PM
Thanks man...

These boys are amazing me, as your boys amazed me...

Looks like these good Yoakum/Cuero match-ups we've been seeing the last three years are gunna be going on for some time...

Unfortuantly, I don't think I can take another game like that right now ha...

From a person who has seen Rice Consolidated play in person: You guys match-up almost perfectly with the Raiders...

This may be your year to get outta Region 4...

Sure hope we can...

Keep it up...

and PS: Why after 260 yards rushing didn't Gonzales score more? Turnovers and other mental miscues?

<small>[ October 20, 2003, 10:23 PM: Message edited by: Gobbla2001 ]</small>

bd62
10-20-2003, 10:33 PM
180 yds. rushing 1st half with only 10 points.must of really messed up. 80 yds.2nd half.zero points . grey did not play and is out for season.he is a good kid and i feel for him.he is there leader although the sophmore does a good job.

Gobbla2001
10-20-2003, 10:38 PM
Dang, that's really tough for Gonzo, that means we gotta hit up Wharton and Burnet in the first two rounds, ha...

Is Blaine Hill running the ball for Gonzo? He's dangerous if he has that almost-tank-top jersey on... Slipping of of his sweaty and jigglin' belly... Big solid kid there...

bd62
10-20-2003, 10:55 PM
same old blaine. got to hit him before he gets started. if he gets rolling he is a load. used him on screen passes .thats where he gets his yardage.