PDA

View Full Version : Baseball: Bridge City 10 WO-S 7

Old Cardinal
03-04-2005, 05:45 PM
In a good-team tournament over at Nederland BC and WO-S were the only two that were not 4A or 5A in size. I was really impressed with the Mustang team.... BC, H-F and WO-S are going to be tough in the playoffs. BC had them 8-2 when WO-S came alive and brought the game to a score of BC 8 WO-S 7. At that point Cody Sparks, BC left fielder launched one way over the fence; thus 10-7. Sparks then made a fantastic catch sliding against the fence to secure the win...Don't sell WO-S short--they beat a 4A Lumberton 16-0 with very hot bats yesterday.

WOS1
03-05-2005, 01:11 AM
Thanks for the props OC. That Sparks kid really did WO-S in in that last inning with his bat and his glove. I'm sure the WO-S left fielder is probably wishing he had the foul ball Sparks hit, that he dropped, back.... huh? It was a very entertaining game. Good luck to BC tomorrow.

WOS1
03-05-2005, 09:07 AM
What time does BC play Nederland in the championship?

ALLSPORTSGUY
03-05-2005, 09:29 AM
Originally posted by WOS1
What time does BC play Nederland in the championship?

4 pm

Old Cardinal
03-05-2005, 12:55 PM
BC play Nederland for the Championship at 4 pm. I know that WO-S plays Sulphur, LA for third place but could not find a time for the game as yet.
I know Nederland was ranked as #7 in 4A and BC was ranked at #9 in 3A, by Doug Recio in preseason. I heard that Sulphur, LA is ranked #3 in 5A in Louisiana behind a big Private (recruiting) school from New Orleans and Lake Charles Barbe. WO-S can play ball with any of them. I look for Nick Ayers to be on the mound for WO-S in the finale. BC may have to give 3 or 4 Pitchers a little shared time on the mound this evening

WOS1
03-05-2005, 02:02 PM
OC, Nick pitched against Sulphur yesterday. Today it will be either his brother Jason Ayers or Lee Phillips. They are playing right now, started at 12:00pm.