PDA

View Full Version : We Just....

onfirebball05mustang
03-04-2005, 09:55 AM
Sent off our Basketball team...Let's go mustangs!:clap:

LH Panther Mom
03-04-2005, 09:58 AM
Good luck! Do you have someone on the board to call with updates?

AP Panther Fan
03-04-2005, 09:59 AM
Originally posted by onfirebball05mustang
Sent off our Basketball team...Let's go mustangs!:clap:

Where is your regional tournament being held? and how far from Manor?:)

onfirebball05mustang
03-04-2005, 10:00 AM
no, i'm still trying to find someone that's going...i've gotta travel to waco for baseball
:hairpunk:

onfirebball05mustang
03-04-2005, 10:01 AM
Originally posted by AP Panther Fan
Where is your regional tournament being held? and how far from Manor?:)

i know we play in huntsville tonight and tomorrow...they've kept the students out of the loop on this, quite sad

jason
03-04-2005, 10:09 AM
i know we play in huntsville tonight and tomorrow...they've kept the students out of the loop on this, quite sad

its the regional tournament at sam houston st in huntsville....

and you dont play tomorrow unless you win tonight.....

its about a 3 1/2 hr drive from manor to huntsville...

Driving from Manor to Huntsville (http://maps.yahoo.com/dd_result?ed=xTowJeV.wimQQVd6MsEKU7USFw--&csz=Manor%2C+TX&country=us&tcsz=huntsville%2C+tx&tcountry=us)

onfirebball05mustang
03-04-2005, 10:10 AM
Originally posted by jason
its the regional tournament at sam houston in huntsville....

and you dont play tomorrow unless you win tonight.....

hey, at least we're hopeful we're playing tomorrow! lol

AP Panther Fan
03-04-2005, 10:11 AM

We are fairly lucky, our tournament is at Texas A&M - Kingsville (about an hour away). Doesn't look like I will be able to attend though, because we have baseball tonight and tomorrow also! Our basketball game(s)? will be radio broadcast, so I guess I can try to multi-task. :D

onfirebball05mustang
03-04-2005, 10:12 AM
good luck with that, AP! I wish ours were :(

pirate44
03-04-2005, 10:13 AM
We are fairly lucky, our tournament is at Texas A&M - Kingsville (about an hour away). Doesn't look like I will be able to attend though, because we have baseball tonight and tomorrow also! Our basketball game(s)? will be radio broadcast, so I guess I can try to multi-task. :D what station is the broadcast AP?

AP Panther Fan
03-04-2005, 10:30 AM
Originally posted by pirate44
what station is the broadcast AP?

91.1 FM, tip-off is at 6:00 this evening :)

pirate44
03-04-2005, 10:33 AM
91.1 FM, tip-off is at 6:00 this evening :)
great, i can listen while i do work in the living room.:clap:

AP Panther Fan
03-04-2005, 10:35 AM
great, i can listen while i do work in the living room.:clap:

how is the floor project going? had to break out the industrial sanders yet?:D

pirate44
03-04-2005, 10:46 AM
how is the floor project going? had to break out the industrial sanders yet?:D
might be another week for that. had to strip the paint and wallpaper, yes wallpaper, from the ceiling. patched holes in sheetrock after removing old furnace vents in a wall. repaired cracks in sheetrock. and sanded walls to begin paint. hopefully i can texture the ceiling and do some wall and trim painting this weekend.I have until april 1st when new furniture will come in to have everything done.

AP Panther Fan
03-04-2005, 10:55 AM
might be another week for that. had to strip the paint and wallpaper, yes wallpaper, from the ceiling. patched holes in sheetrock after removing old furnace vents in a wall. repaired cracks in sheetrock. and sanded walls to begin paint. hopefully i can texture the ceiling and do some wall and trim painting this weekend.I have until april 1st when new furniture will come in to have everything done.

wow...makes me tired just reading it!;) You will have to give me pointers on the ceiling texturing. I am about to do some re-modeling and want to knock down all of the popcorn stuff and texture with something more smooth before re-painting.

What color did your wife choose for the walls?

pirate44
03-04-2005, 11:19 AM
she picked "Tibetan Red" for the walls. i wish i could find a paint chip to post so you get an idea. at first i wanted them to be plain white, but after thinking about it, itll look pretty nice. the trim and ceiling will be an off white. the new furniture is a color they call "mushroom". its a darker beige.
the entertainment center is
http://img225.exs.cx/img225/6129/terramedialg5zw.jpg
which goes with our tables we already have. i think we're going to keep the floors "natural" with a polyurethane satin" finish. i was skeptical at first, but i think itll all work out nice. now i jsut need to go find a ceiling fan to replace our '80s looking one:D

AP Panther Fan
03-04-2005, 11:38 AM
I think the colors sound great! I like the darker colors with light trim. Our master bedroom was almost a UT/burnt orange trimmed in white. Very striking!:D

pirate44
03-04-2005, 11:48 AM
i found this on the Lowes website where we bought the paint. you pick out the room and you cna paint the walls and ceiling different colors. im not sure how the pic will show on this site though

http://img24.exs.cx/img24/710/room3it.jpg

AP Panther Fan
03-04-2005, 12:12 PM
Looks good! Something else you might consider...there is a South Texas Moulding Co. in Corpus that has every type of crown moulding you can imagine....really sets the room off.

Bullaholic
03-04-2005, 12:17 PM
Looks good! Something else you might consider...there is a South Texas Moulding Co. in Corpus that has every type of crown moulding you can imagine....really sets the room off.

Good idea AP. However, P44, let me warn you. Nobody, outside of skilled trim carpenters, can cut and fit crown molding really well. Many have gone stark raving mad trying---including me.

pirate44
03-04-2005, 12:21 PM
im starting to get tapped out on the cash:D i might have to save that for another project. as it is, we might have to put the area rug on hold. the crown moulding we have now is in pretty good shape. the only problem is that it has a little texture on it from when one of the previous owners sprayed the ceiling.

pirate44
03-04-2005, 12:23 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
Good idea AP. However, P44, let me warn you. Nobody, outside of skilled trim carpenters, can cut and fit crown molding really well. Many have gone stark raving mad trying---including me.
good tip. ive got the tools to do it, but it may be a tougher job than it looks. i jsut hate paying someone to do something i can do myself and it only costing me a few hairs on my head.

AP Panther Fan
03-04-2005, 12:26 PM
im starting to get tapped out on the cash:D i might have to save that for another project. as it is, we might have to put the area rug on hold. the crown moulding we have now is in pretty good shape. the only problem is that it has a little texture on it from when one of the previous owners sprayed the ceiling.

Well, if you already have it, I bet the texture can just be sanded off fairly easily. :clap: :clap: :)

I used to think crown moulding was only for ceilings 9' or higher, but I just put it in my bedroom (8') and it looks good.

You're right Bull, we had a contractor do it.:D

onfirebball05mustang
03-04-2005, 12:57 PM
lol that's what i get for leaving the low...basketball tunred moulding!:eek:

AP Panther Fan
03-04-2005, 01:02 PM
lol that's what i get for leaving the low...basketball tunred moulding!:eek:

You snooze ... you lose! J/K:D :D :D

onfirebball05mustang
03-04-2005, 01:04 PM
You snooze ... you lose! J/K:D :D :D
:hairpunk: lol at least someone's found home improvement on the dlow :D

onfirebball05mustang
03-04-2005, 02:07 PM
alright, let's move on to i need some help...

YOu know those gel wrist pads you can get for using the keyboard or mouse? how do you clean soda out of them? we had a lil accident ;)

pirate44
03-04-2005, 02:09 PM
alright, let's move on to i need some help...

YOu know those gel wrist pads you can get for using the keyboard or mouse? how do you clean soda out of them? we had a lil accident ;)
ok..here's what i do:

step 1: go to the nearest office / cubicle
step 2: take theirs
step 3: keep mouth shut

onfirebball05mustang
03-04-2005, 02:13 PM
lol i'm in class! not that many teachers have them, that was my first thought :eyetwitch

onfirebball05mustang
03-04-2005, 02:19 PM
aight y'all dont have too much fun w/o me...i actually have a class! :eek:

AP Panther Fan
03-04-2005, 02:38 PM
ok..here's what i do:

step 1: go to the nearest office / cubicle
step 2: take theirs
step 3: keep mouth shut

tsk, tsk, tsk .... you should be ashamed.:rolleyes:

There is bound to be one of those unsuspecting teachers that leaves their classroom door open ... don't just take theirs though, leave yours as a trade!:D :evillaugh :evillaugh

onfirebball05mustang
03-04-2005, 02:58 PM
tsk, tsk, tsk .... you should be ashamed.:rolleyes:

There is bound to be one of those unsuspecting teachers that leaves their classroom door open ... don't just take theirs though, leave yours as a trade!:D :evillaugh :evillaugh

lol i was able to clean it with water..now it's just wet...then i traded it with the teacher's from across the hall lol he laughed about it!

AP Panther Fan
03-04-2005, 03:21 PM
lol i was able to clean it with water..now it's just wet...then i traded it with the teacher's from across the hall lol he laughed about it!

Good job grasshopper!:clap: :clap: :clap:

onfirebball05mustang
03-04-2005, 03:33 PM
just another thing to add to the ol' "Things I Learned on the DownLow" list!:D