PDA

View Full Version : Updates/Results from Kingsville Tourney-SOFTBALL

pirate4state
03-03-2005, 04:59 PM
Hey Phil (and others) just got a call. Lady Pirates are up 6-0 in the 4th inning against Sharyland. They are on a 1hr15min. time limit. Their next game is at 4:30pm against Harlingen South in Bishop. Will update as I get info. :)

Phil C
03-03-2005, 05:16 PM
Thank you Pirate! Please keep the updates coming. If they play Saturday I will try to go if I can find out when and where.

AP Panther Fan
03-03-2005, 05:32 PM
Great news! What a dreary day for softball or anything else for that matter. Hope the sun comes out for the ladies tomorrow!:D

pirate4state
03-03-2005, 07:09 PM
The Lady Pirates took care of Harlingen South this afternoon in Bishop. Final score 10-0. Tomorrow they play G-P. I'll be back later tonight with more info. :)

SintonFan
03-03-2005, 07:44 PM
Alright Lady Pirates!:clap: :clap: :clap:
Good luck against GP tomorrow! :)

pirate4state
03-04-2005, 09:58 AM
Should the girls beat GP today they will play again at 3:30 p.m., if they lose play at 6:30 p.m. I'll try and update the game b/w GP.

Anyone have any results on how the boys did yesterday?

Phil C
03-04-2005, 10:35 AM
Thank you Pirate4State. Please keep the updates coming! Go Lady Pirates!

pirate4state
03-04-2005, 02:49 PM
Lady Pirates were winning 2-0 going into the 5th inning and then they gave up 4 runs on 5 errors!! :eek: :doh: :eek: :doh: :eek: Game called for time. :( Now, they play at 6:30 p.m vs. the loser of the Flour Bluff/Harlingen South game. Not sure where this game will be played. Trying to find that out now...

Phil C
03-04-2005, 02:59 PM
Too bad they lost. They are a young team and the pressure may have been too much against an experienced 4A team. Too bad. Please post the where as soon as you can because I plan to make the 6:30 P.M. game.

pirate44
03-04-2005, 03:05 PM
Originally posted by Phil C
Too bad they lost. They are a young team and the pressure may have been too much against an experienced 4A team. Too bad. Please post the where as soon as you can because I plan to make the 6:30 P.M. game.
right you are, GodFather. doesnt matter what the scores are until district play

Phil C
03-04-2005, 03:08 PM
Originally posted by pirate44
right you are, GodFather. doesnt matter what the scores are until district play

That is also the trouble with tournaments Pirate. The games aren't always played the full 7 innings and for all we know Sinton may have rallied for three runs and won it. I have seen it happen. Once we scored 4 runs in an in house home run to win a game 6 to 5 with 2 outs and bases loaded trailing 5 to 2.

Phil C
03-04-2005, 03:13 PM
Hey Pirate4State check PMs please.

PhiI C
03-04-2005, 10:45 PM
The Lady Pirates lost to Flour Bluff in a close 4 to 3 game tonight. The Lady Pirates started the top of the first playing bad and making errors even though FB did get two hits but Sinton should have held them to one or two runs. After starting out on the wrong foot the Lady Pirates actually outplayed FB the rest of the game and FB only got to second base one time on two outs. Sinton scored a run but left two people on base (first and second and no outs) but couldn't get any in. In the bottom of the fifth the Lady Pirates started a rally with two out and scored two runs and had two on bases (first and second again) but were unable to get any more runs in and the game was stopped. If there had been the full seven innings and the way our ladies were in control of the game at that point I believe the Lady Pirates would have pulled it off but that is tournament softball which is one reason I don't go too much to them especially with high gasoline prices outside the GodFather's income range :(. It would have been extra nice to have won because Sabrina left us to go to Flour Bluff but at least she wasn't a factor in the game since she didn't play. The Lady Pirates play again tomorrow in Kingsville I think at either 12 or 1. Bear in mind it may be raining tomorrow over there.

18handicap
03-05-2005, 07:43 PM
Hey Phil C,
It was nice to meet you Friday evening in Bishop. We lost 4 out of 5 games, but played everyone real close. We lost to GP 0-1, Calallen 0-2, then beat Sharyland 4-2, and then lost to Calallen again 0-1, and San Benito 2-3. Wished we could have played more than 4 and 5 innings and we might have pulled a couple of those games out. We did a lot of good things against some real good teams. Good luck to Sinton this year.

PhiI C
03-05-2005, 08:22 PM
Good meeting you too 18. The main thing about the tournaments is that both teams get experience and work on their week points as you know. Good luck in District.