PDA

View Full Version : Summary Report--Your team's Baseball, Softball & Track

Old Cardinal
03-02-2005, 09:49 PM
I just wanted to open a thread to allow folks to give a summary on your HS teams Baseball, Softball and Track Who is first?

pirate4state
03-03-2005, 01:01 AM
Originally posted by Old Cardinal
I just wanted to open a thread to allow folks to give a summary on your HS teams Baseball, Softball and Track Who is first? I'll go first. :D The "report" may not be as "in depth" as you'd like. :p

Sinton Track - weather permitting they should have their first meet this Saturday in Ingleside. The boys should have a strong team and Ingleside may be their toughest competition for the district title. Of course, there is unknown Goliad who has held their own thus far. The girls will have to work hard to compete w/ Ingleside & Mathis.

Sinton Baseball - Pitching is way ahead of the rest of the team. We've got 3 solid pitchers back from last year and it seems we may have 2 more young pitchers to add into the mix. Sounds/looks like our defense, thus far, is lacking. Bats are kinda silent, but we are only 4 games into the season! :D This may actually be a true rebuilding year. :eek: Should still have district in the bag and have got to be considered a favorite in Region IV. :p

Sinton Softball - The girls have a great tournament this weekend in Kingsville that will have them facing off against some strong 4A & 5A schools. They had a great victory last night in defeating a strong 5A King HS team. :clap: They have a strong freshman pitcher and a sophmore pitcher with a year of experience under her belt. This a young team, 3 starting freshman, 3 sophmores and 3 juniors. :eek: Looking good, looking real good. :)

18handicap
03-03-2005, 07:43 AM
Don't forget that there are some strong 3A teams in that Kingsville tournament, too.

pirate4state
03-03-2005, 09:54 AM
Originally posted by 18handicap
Don't forget that there are some strong 3A teams in that Kingsville tournament, too.

You're right, but I was just referring to the fact that the Sinton girls are scheduled to play Sharyland, Harlingen & G-P.

Originally posted by pirate4state
Sinton Softball - The girls have a great tournament this weekend in Kingsville that will have them facing off against some strong 4A & 5A schools.

And after that who knows? :)

Z motion 10 out on 2
03-03-2005, 10:10 AM
Vernon Baseball - Will be a down year. They graduated a lot of seniors. They may pull an upset or two in district, but should finish out of the money.

Vernon softball - Good pitcher, lots of bats. The Lady Lions should compete for a district title this year. They return almost the entire team from last year (which wasn't that good). This year they moved up some very goo underclassmen. Look for Vernon to do well the next 3 or 4 years.

Vernon track - Should be average. They have some good field event atheletes to keep them in the money. The relays should be decent. The Lady Lions may be a bit down this year. I'll get a better look this saturday.

pirate4state
03-03-2005, 03:29 PM
ttt

TheDOCTORdre
03-03-2005, 04:49 PM
heres just briefly what I know about Sweetwater, kinda hard to keep up with them but here a general idea

Sweetwater baseball-graduated alot of very good Seniors last year, but we still have some pretty good players, should be able to make a little noise

Sweetwater softball-to put it nicely same song next verse, I dont remember the last time we had a decent softball team

Sweetwater track-we got speed, I should be meeting up with some of them down here in Austin

Old Cardinal
03-05-2005, 01:44 PM
I am interested in how the 3A teams did in the Kingwood Tournament and other Tournaments in softball?
On Bridge City: The baseball team is rated and at time play very well. They play the best teams of higher bracket from across the general area. They won a good Tournament at LC-M and are in the finals this evening against Nederland at the Nederland Tournament.
Softball team is rated #1 in 3A; however, I don't know if that is true--I would rank Barbers Hill, Bridge City, Splendora, Diboll, Jasper, Lufkin Hudson, Canyon, Shephard, Bellville, Van and Borger as capable of beating each other on a given day.
Track team is boistered by the recent State Champion CrossCountry hoss team. They won the Liberty Relays and look like they have some promising point-getters in field events, hurdles and even races below 800m. The distance aces however can make the difference in a close team point system. The girls as making noise in track also.
Silsbee has had an incredable run in 3A in all sports since dropping down from 4A. Hopefully some Tiger fan will share that info with us on this thread.

Ranger05
03-05-2005, 01:51 PM
this is a summary of our teams this year
Softball-Very young team 3 seniors, good pitcher who needs to develop more pitches to be very competitive she throws 56MPH, they can hit (sometimes) there hitting is very streaky
Baseball-Young team is made up of mainly fresh. and soph. and only 3 seniors

BTEXDAD
03-08-2005, 10:11 AM
I have thoroughly enjoyed reading comments on this website over past year, and I finally decided to get off my butt and participate.
Bellville softball team will be very competitive this year although possibly better next year. In one game, starting lineup was 3 juniors, 2 sophomores and 4 freshmen. Team currently ranked 5th in 3A with record of 10-3. Losses were to Splendora (number 2 in 3A), Class 5A Caney Creek and Class 5A Clear Creek (ranked number 7).
Bellville baseball has struggled out of the gate, but should be okay. They were missing a few key players involved with basketball who are now on the team and they've lost some close games.
As a friend of mine said who has a son on varsity baseball team, "I'll bet we have the best 0-7 team in the state."

AP Panther Fan
03-08-2005, 10:35 AM
Originally posted by BTEXDAD
As a friend of mine said who has a son on varsity baseball team, "I'll bet we have the best 0-7 team in the state."

LOL .... we all have those years, some of us admit it and some of us don't. :D

Welcome to the Board and happy posting!;) :D

Bee
04-15-2005, 10:39 AM
Silsbee will clinch a playoff spot in softball if they beat Kirbyville tonight.

Rockdale Tiger
04-15-2005, 10:42 AM
Rockdale:
Baseball - 2cd to last in district
Softball - 1st in district (12-0)(#5 in state)
Track - 3 people advanced to regionals I believe

BTEXDAD
04-25-2005, 08:47 AM
Columbus and Rice consolidated playing softball game to decide third place finisher in district 20-3a. Scheduled for Tues in Sealy. Winner to face La Grange in first round.
Bellville won district and has first round bye.
Playing warm up games with 4A elgin and possibly Needville this week.
Sealy runner up in district, playing Caldwell in first round.

CheerMom
04-25-2005, 09:50 AM
Rice Softball will be playing for the 3rd spot in District this Tuesday night against Columbus. Rice is 2-0 vs. Columbus this year.

Rice Baseball, not too sure if we are still in the running with Navasota for the 3rd spot. Will find out at the end of this week.

Rice Raider and Lady Raider Track teams did an outstanding job at the District Meet. The boys took home second place and the girls took home first. I know that several individuals and relay teams have advanced to Regionals this weekend. Good Luck to everyone this weekend!!

Congrats to all teams on jobs well done!!! :clap: :clap: :clap:
I am proud of all of you!!!!

Old Cardinal
04-25-2005, 11:00 AM
I guess its time for postseason comments on our teams---
Bridge City is the only town with both it's diamond teams rated in the top five--Baseball #5 Softball #1
Won District in Tennis, Golf and Track and nearly all academic endeavors. Looking back over the season they carried WO-S into overtime(football) in a tight race for the District title but fumbled it away. Basketball is not a major sport in BC just a fair team. State Champs in CrossCountry.
NEXT YEAR
Football will be better, they return most all of the team, bostered by a solid JV. A really great young QB and all the running backs are back.
Basketball same. Softball will be a better team-- only have 2 Seniors graduating--two fantastic pitchers(Conner & Clinton) coming back. The two JVs in SB and BB were solid. Baseball will be much better-two nationally recognized Senior select pitchers next year. Angelle and Haymon pitched for the 16 & U National Championship select team. Track-- will win District again, everyone is back.
CrossCounty unless someone down south recruits all of Mexico LOL; BC will win the State Championship.

Ray_BearKat
04-25-2005, 11:18 AM
In Raymondville:

Bearkat Softball: The girls finished its third consecutive district title and in the last 3 years has gone 31-1 in district, they finished #12 in state. They are currently waiting on the winner of Devine/Aransas Pass.

Bearkat Baseball: The boys are not so fortunate as the girls, they are in 5th or 6th place behind some great teams in PI, Hidalgo, and Valley View...look for those 3 to make it far in the playoffs.

Bearkat Track: The boys won district nearly 100 points better then the runner-up Port Isabel. The Bearkats got solid performances all around qualifying at least one athlete in each running event but one for the Region IV-3A track meet in Kingsville in two weeks. The girls got 3rd in district qualifying 8 girls to regionals...our best event in the triple jump.

CRHSeagle
04-25-2005, 11:26 AM
Castleberry Baseball- We're in second place right now, but if Decatur loses to Lake Worth tommorow then friday nights game will be for the district title.

Castleberry Softball- The girls have only lost twice in district to the District Champs Decatur. They are still a young team and only have 4 seniors on the squad. Playoff game Thursday @ Joshua vs. Whitney

Track- Im not so sure about the girls team but the guys finished in 4th place and have 7 guys that qualified for regionals.

GreenMonster
04-25-2005, 11:30 AM
Iowa Park has District 5-3A cornered on the diamond as both the boys and the girls are the District champs. On the track, the girls are the district champs and the boys came in third.

Old Cardinal
04-25-2005, 03:37 PM
Can someone give us a report on Silsbee, Kirbyville and Huffman? Present and future?

TheDOCTORdre
04-25-2005, 04:12 PM
Originally posted by TheDOCTORdre
heres just briefly what I know about Sweetwater, kinda hard to keep up with them but here a general idea

Sweetwater baseball-graduated alot of very good Seniors last year, but we still have some pretty good players, should be able to make a little noise

Sweetwater softball-to put it nicely same song next verse, I dont remember the last time we had a decent softball team

Sweetwater track-we got speed, I should be meeting up with some of them down here in Austin
Baseball flopped, softball performed to the expectancy and track is still goin strong