PDA

View Full Version : the biggest hit youve seen in 3a football?

LP57
08-03-2003, 12:00 AM
what team and game have you saw biggest hit?

MARLINFAN
08-03-2003, 12:21 AM
WHEN # 51 lb john sadler from marlin hit a bellville player on a punt return . he almost tko him. all u heard was a loud crack.

espn1
08-03-2003, 12:32 AM
Now that was a hard hit!

<small>[ August 03, 2003, 12:21 PM: Message edited by: espn1 ]</small>

Old Green
08-03-2003, 04:19 AM
1987 district game between Cuero and Luling.
On the Kickoff, 230 Lbs. Cuero's Bubba Gardner slam tackled Lulings 180 LBs. running back Cubit.That was the loudest crack ever Heard.

Unfortunately that ended both players playing careers, Bubba with a severe neck injury and Cubit with a broken Collar Bone.

Adidas410s
08-03-2003, 01:22 PM
The biggest hit that I can remember was in Abilene Wylie's 2000 playoff run. It is the 1st quarter against Lamesa, who had entered the playoffs #2 in the state. Wylie had scored on their opening drive and then Lamesa had fumbled the kickoff and Wylie got the ball back at about the 35 or so. Well a few plays later its about 3rd and 8 from the 20 yd line and it looks like the drive is gonna die and maybe get a FG, taking away some of Wylie's momentum. Wylie's QB rolls out to his right and can't find an open man as one of Lamesa's players (he was a returning All-State WR I believe) is about to nail him from his blind side. Out of nowhere, Wylie's RT is able to get a block on him that literally sent him flying 6-8 yards in the air and Wylie's QB was able to scramble for a 1st down and they ended up scoring on that drive and winning 36-0. Not only was it a huge hit, but Wylie's RT hit him so hard that it knocked him out of the game and forced Lamesa to have to alter their game plan as they no longer had their go-to receiver.

Yeah, I know my description doesnt make it sound that great, but the video tape that I have of it is perfect cuz the TV camera guy had a perfect angle for it. You see the Lamesa guy about to take down the QB and in 1 second Wylie's RT comes from somewhere off screen and just sends the Lamesa flying more than 5 yds (that is all you can see on the screen) in the air. It is one of those hits that you can watch over and over again and not help but feel sorry for that Lamesa player! :confused: Oh well, it was all good cuz Wylie won the game!!! :D :D :D

lobo12
08-03-2003, 02:23 PM
i have two hits that i can remember. one of them was monahans vs greenwood and either john mark hopper or brian zachary hit our linebacker on a punt return. also when monahans played borger our linebacker was on a storm and the qb rolled the opposite way. when he turned around to scramble he was met and stayed down.

Showtime33
08-03-2003, 06:25 PM
I seen two of the biggest hits in one game. Both of the hits came when I was watching an Alvarado game in 94. Alavarado LB Dusty Renfro first put a hard hit on the QB, knocking the QB's helmet off and then a few plays later, Renfro hit the RB, knocking the running backs helmet off.I watched several of his games and Dusty hit harder than any player in 3A that I have ever seen.

trojandad
08-03-2003, 06:50 PM
Last year's Liberty-Coldspring game, Ryan Bradford, CS LB, hit the Liberty ball carrier on his 6 yard line and the RB's knee touched the ground in the end zone, about 7 yards away. Was incredible.

Adidas410s
08-03-2003, 09:22 PM
If we are thinking of the same Renfro then I know exactly what you are saying. I believe there was a player at Hardin-Simmons in Abilene a few years back named Dusty Renfro that was a HARD HITTER!!! I can definitely vouch for your stories!

Showtime33
08-04-2003, 03:35 AM
Well the Dusty Renfro I know went on to play for UT.

Everman01Grad.
08-05-2003, 12:48 AM
Even though i love those burnet guys i got to say there was this one hit in the state game. I believe it was #99 for burnet line backer not sure but he was good. One play he stuck J.J dead in his tracks a really nice hit of course he got up making jesters to the crowd. The very next play benton scrambled and started running, well #99 got behind started chasing him and then from his blind side Everman # 55 i think hit him clean from the side of the helmet and body and lifted him in the air and went down he was just gettin up when the next play was about to begin 30 yards down the field. Had to be there

District303aPastPlayer
08-05-2003, 12:56 AM
2001 Bi-District... Adrian Alaniz rolls to his left... and then he is hit by a Cuero player... then leaves the game because of a broken collar bone, i believe. He was still in the game after this hit. i know, i was in the huddle with him.

cunbed10
08-05-2003, 10:18 AM
well actually I witnessed two hits, the first came when Marlin's soph quaterqback Thaddeus freeman was in for the injured Jeremy Modkins(TCU)against Crockett, the ball was fumbled from the snap, in the middle of all Crockett's Players and Freeman tried to bend and pick the ball up, well some came in and hit freeman, knocking him unconscious leaving him on the field for 9-10 minutes out cold. The other hardest hit came from our soph running back TAnk smith(junior this year 03) playin strong safety against Cameron Yoe for the district title in OT for the two-point conversion, if made by the Yoe they would win the game by one point, well it was a screen pass and the receiver caught the ball, and turned towards the endzone to run it in, well Tank delivers a blow so hard that both players laid on the field as both teams held their breaths, the ref signal no score and the Bulldogs started to celebrate, while tank and the receiver both try and stumble to their feet.

Old Cardinal
08-05-2003, 10:55 AM
I think that last year, I witnessed a play that should have never been called. Bridge City had
Barbers Hill backed up deep and for some unknown reason, the Offensive Coordinaton, for BH, called a screen pass-thrown into the flat. Remember linebackers Charlie Verrett and Robert Melich were Seniors and playing their seventh playoff game, as linebackers, in three years. Well they immediately detected the "screen" and Charlie Verrett set up to catch the ball while Robert Melich plain collapsed the intended receiver just before James Northcutt(QB) threw the lofted football. Now Melich went on to win the heavyweight 3A championship in weight lifting last year; and Charlie is an academic scholar-need I say more. You don't throw a screen pass to the flat, to a defensive pair like that! That surprise giveaway TD, for BC, was the beginning of the end, that night.

RBARKER
08-05-2003, 01:09 PM
Yeah your right Old Card, that was a pitifull play. I think the OC called this play because BH Doesn't run that play often during games hopeing to catch BC off gaurd. This is one of the reason's BH has problems in the playoffs. Plays that work in district will be more difficult to try and make work against experianced playoff programs.

Jacket2000
08-05-2003, 02:05 PM
During the 2000 Muleshoe/Shallowater game, Muleshoe FB Darrel Lewis took a hand off up the middle, broke a tackle at the LOS by a DT, ran smooth over a MLB without ever breaking stride, ran over an OLB using one shoulder,and sitff-armed a DB and sent him to the ground before finally being forced out of bounds.
J2K

Da Mules
08-05-2003, 09:13 PM
Jacket, I remember that run well. Happened to be standing down on the east side of the fence at about the 20, so had a great view of the whole thing. How did you happen to be there to see it?

HotDawg89
08-05-2003, 09:56 PM
Last year, #20, Warren Christian-safety for Burnet had a number of really good hits. I can't remember which game, (I asked my husband, and he laughed and said Warren had hits like this in every game...)but I remember during one game, he hit this poor guy so hard the guy went airborne, landed flat on his back, and then Warren stopped, looked at him, and stepped over him. The entire crowd was in awe. Now that is a kid who should have gotten a ride somewhere. He was scouted during one game and had like a 104 fever- not a bad game, but he wasn't at his best either.

topdawg
08-06-2003, 01:41 PM
i think it was the jasper game

HotDawg89
08-06-2003, 04:40 PM
TopDawg, I think you are right- wasn't that a great hit? As long as you weren't the one getting hit I mean...

letsgo
08-13-2003, 11:11 PM
Prolly the hardest hit I have ever seen was Burnet vs Jasper when #14 for Burnet blitzes in Jaspers QB got the ball away just in the nick of time but after that it was all down hill for him because #14 through everything he had into Jaspers QB they were both in the air and #14 knocked Jaspers QB out for about 3 to 4 min. It was Beautiful. And later that game on a punt return #14 is running down field with the center blocking and when the deep back caught it #14 decleted him both nice hits.

the tigers are back
08-14-2003, 12:43 PM
The biggest hit i have ever heard and seen was {when i say darren snyder lb. for sealy hit needville rb.}. Wow you could here that hit on video just like it was live at the game. The class of 03 season when this actually took place. :mad: