PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone know of a good place to eat in the Marble Falls/Burnet area?

big daddy russ
03-02-2005, 04:49 AM
I'm heading up there a little later this morning to take care of some business and was wondering if anyone knew of any can't-miss spots. I'm willing to drive... my choice right now is the Grist Mill over in Gruene, but if anyone knows of another place that's better I'm always up for something new.

LH Panther Mom
03-02-2005, 06:54 AM
Margarita's in Marble Falls is very good.

olddawggreen
03-02-2005, 09:31 AM
The Blue Bonnet Cafe, which is just north of the Bridge on the right, is probably the best place in town if you like really good home cooking. This is where Gov. Bush and Willie Nelson used to stop at when in town. Its been there for many years and has always been great. And those homemade pies, mmmmm! You have Chili's and the River City Grille on the left, just north of the bridge which are always good. Docks Seafood & Steaks at 281 and 1431 (at the SW corner) is always good if your in the mood for Sea Food. Petes Mesquite BBQ further north on 281 has been voted best BBQ in Burnet County a number of years now. Its very good, the pork steak is my favorite (closed on Mondays). As LH Panther Mom mentioned, Margaritas' on 1431, just west of 281, has pretty good Mexican food for the Hill Country. There are others in town also, but these are some of the better ones. Good luck!:) :)

HighSchool Fan
03-02-2005, 09:33 AM
Hopefully you can make it to Burnet for the world famous Pancake Breakfast.

olddawggreen
03-02-2005, 09:41 AM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
I'm heading up there a little later this morning to take care of some business and was wondering if anyone knew of any can't-miss spots. I'm willing to drive... my choice right now is the Grist Mill over in Gruene, but if anyone knows of another place that's better I'm always up for something new.

I just re read your post and if you really don't mind driving a little more, try Cooper's BBQ in Llano. People drive from Austin to eat here its so good. Pres. Bush has had them cater some of his events numerious times and used to eat there himself back in his Gov days. It is the one spot in this part of the Hill Country that I would really make the drive for. And the drive is really beautiful. Pick your BBQ right off the pit, the sauce is good enough to drink and the coblers are great, if you still have the room.;) Darn I'm hungry now!

LH Panther Mom
03-02-2005, 09:45 AM
Originally posted by olddawggreen
I just re read your post and if you really don't mind driving a little more, try Cooper's BBQ in Llano. People drive from Austin to eat here its so good. Pres. Bush has had them cater some of his events numerious times and used to eat there himself back in his Gov days. It is the one spot in this part of the Hill Country that I would really make the drive for. And the drive is really beautiful. Pick your BBQ right off the pit, the sauce is good enough to drink and the coblers are great, if you still have the room.;) Darn I'm hungry now!

:mad: Why did you have to bring this up? I had been looking forward to having a ham sandwich for lunch. Now that sounds so inadequate. ;)

olddawggreen
03-02-2005, 09:46 AM
Originally posted by HighSchool Fan
Hopefully you can make it to Burnet for the world famous Pancake Breakfast.

Pancakes have been banned in Burnet :D ;)

big daddy russ
03-02-2005, 02:28 PM
Thanks guys. I think I'll wind up at Cooper's.