PDA

View Full Version : Sinton's Adrian Alaniz

spirate_9
03-02-2005, 12:30 AM
http://texassports.com/images/photo_gallery/2004_05/008/ba_022705/images/alaniz.jpg

Adrian Alaniz had his first career start against Youngstown State and threw 5 innings striking out 4 batters.

Adidas410s
03-02-2005, 12:36 AM
Good to hear. I still remember the hurtin' that he put on Wylie in the state semis 2 years ago...it sucked!

LH Panther Mom
03-02-2005, 12:42 AM
I thought his name sounded familiar. Congrats to him!

BrahmaMom
03-02-2005, 08:03 AM
Good to hear about this success story from Sinton. My son said he was one of the toughest high school players to stop (in football). Watched him take care of Bellville in football and baseball that year--what talent. I am so glad to hear he is doing well. We have nothing but the highest respect for him around this house. Thanks for the update--good luck, Adrian!

Phil C
03-02-2005, 09:19 AM
He has a younger brother named Andres who is doing well for the Pirates this year and he is only a sophomore. heh heh!

AP Panther Fan
03-02-2005, 09:27 AM
Originally posted by Phil C
He has a younger brother named Andres who is doing well for the Pirates this year and he is only a sophomore. heh heh!

Darn Alaniz family ... don't they have any relatives in AP? ;) :D

Adrian has sent many Aransas Pass and other batters back to the bench over the years... he is an awesome pitcher. I will enjoy watching him during his college career.:)

Phil C
03-02-2005, 10:00 AM
I am not sure on his name after all. It may be Aaron.

AP Panther Fan
03-02-2005, 10:07 AM
I am not sure on his name after all. It may be Aaron.

I think it is Andres.:D

pirate4state
03-02-2005, 10:12 AM
It is Andres and he plays 1st base. I've yet to see him play so I'm looking forward to see how he does. He did very well in football this year. :D

BrahmaMom
03-02-2005, 11:01 AM
I'll be watching for Andres. It is tough to follow an act like Adrian, but sounds like Andres can compete (always important in a house with brothers!). Congratulations to the Alaniz family for producing fine young men and athletes. Sinton, consider yourselves blessed! Wow!

Phil C
03-02-2005, 11:07 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state
It is Andres and he plays 1st base. I've yet to see him play so I'm looking forward to see how he does. He did very well in football this year. :D

Thank you Pirate for the correction. I thought it was Andres but the Corpus Christi Caller/Times said Aaron. I should have known better. :)

pirate4state
03-02-2005, 11:34 AM
Thank you Pirate for the correction. I thought it was Andres but the Corpus Christi Caller/Times said Aaron. I should have known better. :) Well, Phil -- Aaron Perez did pitch last night and maybe that is what you saw. Andres is not a pitcher, that I know of, he plays 1st base.

COACHCOACH
03-02-2005, 02:46 PM
I made it out to watch Adrian in a few relief appearances early in the year and he was extremely impressive. I'm glad me and a buddy also made it out on Sunday to watch his first career start. I'm looking forward to seeing AA, as he's called around Austin, be very successful throughout the season and the next few seasons to come. He will also start on Sunday at 1 against #10 ranked Arizona, where former Sinton pitcher Luis Cortez attended and played last year. Adrian is a very hard working ballplayer and all he needed was the opportunity to play. Now that he's starting theres no turning back. It's only a matter of time before he becomes dominant at what he does. GO HORNS!!!!!

gobbler grad
03-02-2005, 05:05 PM
I can remember what he has did to the Cuero Gobblers...he totally dominated the game on the mound and then wants to hit a homerun and a dang triple to open the game up for the Pirates...knew he would be successful wherever he went...

also pretty good qb for the pirates...