PDA

View Full Version : Jasper/WO-S Week 0...

Gobbla2001
03-02-2005, 12:10 AM
Let's get it goin'....

Gobbla2001
03-02-2005, 12:12 AM
I say Jasper...

Tell me why I'm right and tell me why I'm wrong...

Bulldog_12
03-02-2005, 12:14 AM
I know 2 reasons its gonna be Jasper, Gilbert Moye and its at the Bone Yard.

kepdawg
03-02-2005, 12:34 AM
First we have to see if Jasper can make a clean handoff at the state track meet!

j_dog
03-02-2005, 12:47 AM
Originally posted by Bulldog_12
I know 2 reasons its gonna be Jasper, Gilbert Moye and its at the Bone Yard.
Gilbert Moye is at least three reasons. Moye passing, Moye running, Moye handing off, Moye pitching out, Moye receiving ........... wait, that is more than three! Anyway, Moye will be out to show why he was picked as Rivals Greater Houston Soph of the Year, for ALL classes. Just joking, WOS will come to play and will be tough, as usual.

Supertilley
03-02-2005, 12:59 AM
It's going to be a close game but I say, WO-S this time around.

Reasons

1: Beasly at QB. The most dangerous play maker on the team will now be touching the ball every snap.

2: Wo-s will have a full offseason under the great coach T.

3: Wo-s is very bitter that jasper won last year

4: Wo-s is upset they had a very early exit from the playoffs.

5: Jaspers heads will still be in the clouds because of the great season last year.

GUNHO
03-02-2005, 08:45 AM
WO-S came close last year and if their defense can get back into old form with a full off season under coach T I like their chanches.If Beasley moves to qb it will give them the same caliber player as Jaspers Moye at that position.However all these are if's so at this point in time I would give Jasper the edge if they had to play today.

Gsquared
03-02-2005, 09:03 AM
Ill be at this game!!!

Old Green
03-02-2005, 09:33 AM
This game in Jasper this year. If it is , I might go to this one instead of the Cuero-West Oso game.

j_dog
03-02-2005, 09:44 AM
Originally posted by Old Green
This game in Jasper this year. If it is , I might go to this one instead of the Cuero-West Oso game.
Short of the light poles falling down, this game WILL be in Jasper this year! But there may not be enough seats for everyone that might want to see the game. :( A sell out crowd would not surprise me at all. Jasper fans should be excited to see the Dogs play WOS and WOS always brings a crowd. So, I recommend getting your tickets early.

Old Green
03-02-2005, 09:48 AM
Originally posted by j_dog
Short of the light poles falling down, this game WILL be in Jasper this year! But there may not be enough seats for everyone that might want to see the game. :( A sell out crowd would not surprise me at all. Jasper fans should be excited to see the Dogs play WOS and WOS always brings a crowd. So, I recommend getting your tickets early. Will there be room for lawn Chairs ? I'd sure like to see this game.

89JDAWG
03-02-2005, 10:01 AM
jasper has a great season every year so their heads wont be in the clouds!!!!

j_dog
03-02-2005, 10:01 AM
Will there be room for lawn Chairs ? I'd sure like to see this game.
You can ask, but I don't think so. They used to sell as many tickets as people were willing to crowd in. Some big 4a games were LITERALLY no standing room from what I have heard. I heard that the fire marshall got into the act and decreed that they had to have a seat available to sell a ticket. Current Jasper residents may be able to shed light on that. It may not even be the case anymore. But for sure, they have already stuck bleachers in everywhere it is conceivable to do so when they were trying to accomodate 4a crowds from WOS, PNG, PA Lincoln, etc. So there is no lawn chair space available in my opinion; and very little "standing room". Anyone who has been to the stadium will understand what I am saying.

I think the best way to assure you can get in would be to contact some Jasper or WOS resident off this Board, or otherwise, and ask them to buy a ticket for you. I will be getting someone to buy me a ticket for sure.

j_dog
03-02-2005, 10:05 AM
Originally posted by Supertilley
It's going to be a close game but I say, WO-S this time around.

Reasons

1: Beasly at QB. The most dangerous play maker on the team will now be touching the ball every snap.

2: Wo-s will have a full offseason under the great coach T.

3: Wo-s is very bitter that jasper won last year

4: Wo-s is upset they had a very early exit from the playoffs.

5: Jaspers heads will still be in the clouds because of the great season last year.
And you think Jasper is not bitter for losing in the finals? The Dogs will be ready to play football. Heck, you know they never have any trouble getting up to play WOS. And vice versa. This will be a war.

WOS1
03-02-2005, 11:10 AM
I think this will be a close one. Moye is very, very dangerous. Kenneth Beasley will be one of the top 10 recruits in the state next year and is being heavily recruited by Michigan, Texas and A&M and will be moving to QB where he last played his freshman year and led the team to an 8-2 district championship in 4A.

I don't know yet what Jasper lost other than Patten and some of the other important skill people. WO-S lost all but 2 lineman on both sides of the ball (which on defense is not a bad thing). The WO-S team will be MUCH stronger under Cornel Thompson. Several of the kids have already increased their total max weight by over 100 pounds which shows just how weak these kids had become over the last 4 years. WO-S will be inexperienced up front on both sides of the ball. If Jasper has a lot up front coming back, they will definitely hold an advantage in that area.

In games between the underclasses last year, the WO-S JV (8-2) won by 2 td's and the Freshman (10-0) team won by 4 td's. I think WO-S will definitely hold the advantage with incoming underclassmen.

Speed, as always, will be dead even.

Jasper has won the last 2 so I feel WO-S will hold a motivation edge.

We're playing at their place, so that is always an advantage.

They also had 4 more weeks of practice last year which ALWAYS helps.

Sooooo.... I think Jasper will have an advantage... on paper... ;) ;)

j_dog
03-02-2005, 11:23 AM
Originally posted by WOS1
.....Sooooo.... I think Jasper will have an advantage... on paper... ;) ;)
and in the bone yard !!!! :D

Hupernikomen
03-02-2005, 11:49 AM
little earlier yet for this discusssion, but I totally agree that if Beasley touches the ball every play like Moye this is going to be one more fun game to watch. Don't see a lot of 3A athletes like these two play against each other in week zero...defenses are in trouble.

j_dog
03-02-2005, 12:09 PM
I predict Jasper wins, 49-47. :D

Hupernikomen
03-02-2005, 02:47 PM
Don't know if my heart can take another one of those kind of games...

WOS1
03-02-2005, 03:42 PM
I have a feeling it might be.:D

Bulldog_12
03-02-2005, 03:42 PM
As far as I know on seating, we have always had people standing at the end of the stadium nearest the entrance. If the stands sell out, I would guess that they would sell standing room only tickets due to the sheer amounts of people that will probably want to be at this one. I don't know if that poor old stadium can handle too many more sell-out crowds. It's getting up there in age. But you gotta love it if your a Jasper fan.

AggiesAreWe
03-02-2005, 03:55 PM
Get a new stadium, please. Next time Silsbee comes to Jasper, make sure the electric bill is paid this time. Jasper comes to Silsbee this year, you'll see what a stadium should be like.

Bulldog_12
03-02-2005, 03:59 PM
I would take Bulldog Stadium over Pussycat Stadium ANYDAY. :D
No, but I love our stadium. I think there is a LOT of history to it and the field is great. While it isnt in a very good spot, it is still something that everyone in Jasper loves and doesn't want to lose.

j_dog
03-02-2005, 04:01 PM
Originally posted by AggiesAreWe
Get a new stadium, please. Next time Silsbee comes to Jasper, make sure the electric bill is paid this time. Jasper comes to Silsbee this year, you'll see what a stadium should be like.
Hey, we tried to get a stadium bond approved many years ago. It was voted down like 15 to 1 or so. So don't hold your breath for a new stadium, especially now that Jasper has dropped to 3a. MOST 3a teams don't have followings like WOS and Silsbee. But we will work on the electric bill. :D By the way, Silsbee's OLD stadium was better than Jasper's.

Bulldog_12
03-02-2005, 04:04 PM
To get a new stadium would be VERY expensive. It's money that the Athletic Dept. can't spend right now, im sure. Even if we could, where would we put it? It's just not the right time to invest in a new stadium. I'd rather have the money to keep our coaches around then get a stadium any day.

bullfrog_alumni_02
03-02-2005, 04:28 PM
this will be a very hard game to predict, but i think the winner will have a very good boost in getting far in the playoffs. its very appearant that it will be an offensive battle the entire game, so whoever has the ball more wins. i have to say that wo-s takes the w this time around, partially due to the loss last year and the coaches will hype this team up to a level that could be compared to a regional championship or an even higher round in the playoffs.

JHS_c/o_06'
03-02-2005, 04:54 PM
Originally posted by Supertilley
Reasons

You are sadly mistaken on that one, the coaches make a point to tell us every day in the weight room that this past season means nothing, and we have to do it all over again by ourselves.

WOS1
03-02-2005, 05:34 PM
Does anyone have an idea what Jasper has coming back, besides Moye?

j_dog
03-02-2005, 06:02 PM
Originally posted by bullfrog_alumni_02
........the coaches will hype this team up to a level that could be compared to a regional championship or an even higher round in the playoffs.
You evidently don't know the Jasper/WOS history. EVERY game they have ever played has been hyped this way. That is the nature of the rivalry.

Gobbla2001
03-02-2005, 06:04 PM
Wow, thought this post would have a few replies when I got home from work, but geez, more than I thought...

#1 It looks like Jasper is really hoping Moye is healthy all year

#2 Old Green, I may be willing to join you at this game, then again, I'm ready for those Gobblers...

j_dog
03-02-2005, 06:06 PM
Does anyone have an idea what Jasper has coming back, besides Moye?
I don't know all the details, but Tod Hunt, LB Sean Weatherspoon, and a very strong starting freshman DE will be back as well as most of the offensive line. Moye should be able to buy them some time to rebuild as he can be practically a one man team all by himself.

Jason1725
03-02-2005, 06:35 PM

The lights went out all over town that night it wasn't just at the stadium. The only problem with the bone yard is the parking. The field is nice and doesn't come up in clumps like that mess in Silsbee.

Old Green
03-02-2005, 06:43 PM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
Wow, thought this post would have a few replies when I got home from work, but geez, more than I thought...

#1 It looks like Jasper is really hoping Moye is healthy all year

#2 Old Green, I may be willing to join you at this game, then again, I'm ready for those Gobblers... It's only about 4 hours to Jasper. I got's to go to this one.:D

Bulldog_12
03-02-2005, 06:47 PM
Jasper returns 3 out of the 5 linemen from last year. Josh Adams went out this year and will be returning to help with the receivers as well as Weatherspon. They return Chris Bronson at runningback.
Defense They bring several guys who played at playoff time. A couple of really good sophomores will be returning. They should be pretty solid against the run this year.

j_dog
03-02-2005, 06:52 PM
Originally posted by Jason1725
....The field is nice and doesn't come up in clumps like that mess in Silsbee.
touchee' :D

j_dog
03-02-2005, 07:04 PM
It's only about 4 hours to Jasper. I got's to go to this one.:D
If you really live in Cuero, and you are going to Jasper in 4 hours driving? Glad I am not riding with you! ;)

Gobbla2001
03-02-2005, 07:57 PM
I'm pretty sure Old Green is a pretty fun guy to ride with, I just may make him ride with me so we can get there in 3 :D

j_dog
03-02-2005, 08:55 PM
I'm pretty sure Old Green is a pretty fun guy to ride with, I just may make him ride with me so we can get there in 3 :D
Well that is easier to figure. You will be AVERAGING 100 mph over country roads, and through country towns, or you COULD go through Houston and Beaumont! :D Don't want to ride with you either! :D :D

Gobbla2001
03-02-2005, 09:50 PM
Us Cuero folks is fast, so it should be no prob, jk...

Dunno, kinda wanna check out Cuero that week as well...

Tiger90
03-02-2005, 10:12 PM
touchee' :D

ssssshhhhh!!!! Be quiet or my taxes will have to pay for turf. They are already expanding the new stadium to sit 800 more. Construction should start within weeks. The district track meet Silsbee is "hosting" will be in Kirbyville.......our (Silsbee's and Jasper's)true enemy.:evilgrin:

Really though they have found a spring is under the field.

PappaBear
03-06-2005, 11:57 AM
I see you guys are also having a problem with the hill eroding away, I hope they can fix it is an awesome stadium.

But the ALAMO has character and one of the best surfaces in Texas.

Tiger90
03-06-2005, 08:28 PM
My understanding is the eroding hill will be transformed into 800 new seats.

WOS1
03-06-2005, 09:12 PM
Jasper returns 3 out of the 5 linemen from last year. Josh Adams went out this year and will be returning to help with the receivers as well as Weatherspon. They return Chris Bronson at runningback.
Defense They bring several guys who played at playoff time. A couple of really good sophomores will be returning. They should be pretty solid against the run this year.

"Returning" running back? I know he didn't start the season as a starter, did he get playing time in relief of a injured starter?

Astrosdawg07
03-06-2005, 09:17 PM

That wasn't the case, some-1 ran their car into a light pole in town.

Astrosdawg07
03-06-2005, 09:19 PM
To get a new stadium would be VERY expensive. It's money that the Athletic Dept. can't spend right now, im sure. Even if we could, where would we put it? Where the track is located! That way we could even host track meets!

Astrosdawg07
03-06-2005, 09:26 PM
Originally posted by Tiger90
ssssshhhhh!!!! Be quiet or my taxes will have to pay for turf. They are already expanding the new stadium to sit 800 more. Construction should start within weeks. The district track meet Silsbee is "hosting" will be in Kirbyville.......our (Silsbee's and Jasper's)true enemy.:evilgrin:

Really though they have found a spring is under the field.

If they were to put down field turf it would be one of the nicest 3A stadiums in Texas.

AggiesAreWe
03-07-2005, 07:53 PM
Funny you should mention field turf, that's in the making. We just started a $300,000 expansion to Tiger Stadium to bring the seating capacity from 10,000 to around 11,000. The expansion will take care of the eroding part of the hill. As for the field turf, that is probably going to be put down in about 2 years. A prominent business man has said he would like to donate the turf. After that is done, there will not be a finer 3A football stadium in the state.

j_dog
03-07-2005, 08:10 PM
"Returning" running back? I know he didn't start the season as a starter, did he get playing time in relief of a injured starter?
Chris Bronson was never a "starter" at runningback to my knowledge. With the seniors ahead of him, how could he have been. That does not mean he was not good. When Jasper needed to eat up the clock, they would put him in and let him grind out the yards. A big plus for Jasper for 2005 is all the freshmen and JV players who got quality playing time in the playoff run. Some of them may not have qualified as "starters", but they were still important parts of the playoff run. They gave Jasper some much needed depth and will be ready to play some football come Fall.

AggiesAreWe
03-08-2005, 04:34 AM
Silsbee JV 29 Jasper JV 12 This season's score, if anybody wanted to know.

Jody
03-08-2005, 07:20 AM
WOS does not have a chance in you know where. They better worry about Orangefield, as that might be the only team in that area they can compete against.

Cat22
03-08-2005, 09:21 AM
Watch it now, that's my Bobcats you're talking about.

Hupernikomen
03-08-2005, 10:29 AM

Thanks. Both will be getting some quality players off of the freshmen and jv teams to help them. Not going to matter what the records are or even who is better when these two teams play it will be a cat and dog fight as it always is.

Of course OC think you better worry about kirbyville not us, so just put us outta your mind and prepare for the kitty kats.

Jody
03-08-2005, 10:57 AM
Originally posted by Cat22
Watch it now, that's my Bobcats you're talking about.

That was a compliment........you all are getting better. Maybe Hardin will play WOS so they have someone they can compete against....LOL

Got to get ready for my 2005-2006 WOS bashing. :D

WOS1
03-08-2005, 09:14 PM
... yawn... dude, get some new material...

JHS_c/o_06'
03-09-2005, 10:01 PM

lol...i remember that day....we didnt clean up the locker room so before we left, coach took us behind the field house and we did 10 updowns for every piece of trash and clothes we left out.....i think we ended up doing about 200+ updowns before we got on the bus....that day sucked....i was tired before we even got on the bus.

Gobbla2001
03-09-2005, 10:23 PM
Originally posted by JHS_c/o_06'
lol...i remember that day....we didnt clean up the locker room so before we left, coach took us behind the field house and we did 10 updowns for every piece of trash and clothes we left out.....i think we ended up doing about 200+ updowns before we got on the bus....that day sucked....i was tired before we even got on the bus.

You guys have a GREAT coach...

JHS_c/o_06'
03-09-2005, 10:35 PM
lol...we do have a great coach, and im not being sarcastic, He had a good reason for doing what he did and even though i was EXTREMELY tired after it was over, i agreed with his decision to punish us. Because we have a guy at the field house who keeps everything clean and what not, and we just left a huge mess for him to clean up. And thats not right. but needless to say our locker room is ALWAYS clean after that.

AggiesAreWe
03-10-2005, 07:15 PM
I get the feeling that you are trying to say that because the team got punished for messing up the fieldhouse, that is the reason ya'll got beat by Silsbee. C'mon, get real. I was at the game, Jasper didn't look tired to me, just a little intimidated. After all, the sophmore class of Silsbee has never lost to Jasper in football or basketball, all the way back to 7th grade. But, you keep on believing in your miths, the Tigers will just keep on winning.

JHS_c/o_06'
03-10-2005, 11:18 PM
I was at the game too.....i was on the field....i was tired...we were all tired....from the start...but you keep believing what you want to....i'll keep believing what i want to....and we'll see what happens come game day.

JasperDog94
03-10-2005, 11:18 PM
Tell you what. You just worry about getting out of the 1st round of the playoffs...then we'll talk. Jasper's varsity went for 2 at the end of that game because it didn't matter if we won or lost. Would we rather have won? Sure. But not at the cost of more injuries. We knew where we were going, so we took a chance. I just love how Silsbee is now a powerhouse. Congrats on a great season. Best of luck in the future.

JHS_c/o_06'
03-10-2005, 11:39 PM
lol...somewhere i still have that picture that proves gilbert was in the endzone before the ball was knocked out of his hands....oh well...we still went to state.

LH Panther Mom
03-10-2005, 11:49 PM
lol...somewhere i still have that picture that proves gilbert was in the endzone before the ball was knocked out of his hands....oh well...we still went to state.

And somewhere I still have that picture that proves there was a facemask on our QB and should not have been timeout assessed to us. :)

kepdawg
03-11-2005, 12:01 AM
So, how should Jasper, WOS, Silsbee, Liberty Hill, etc... look for the 2005 season? Sorry, but I am sick and tired of hearing excuses about last season! Updowns, penalties, fumbles, whatever from last season don't mean much at all now! Congrats to Abilene Wylie and Gilmer! They got the job done! Everybody else fell short! Forget about last year and prepare for this year! Good luck to everybody in the upcoming season!

LH Panther Mom
03-11-2005, 12:20 AM
Originally posted by kepdawg
So, how should Jasper, WOS, Silsbee, Liberty Hill, etc... look for the 2005 season? Sorry, but I am sick and tired of hearing excuses about last season! Updowns, penalties, fumbles, whatever from last season don't mean much at all now! Congrats to Abilene Wylie and Gilmer! They got the job done! Everybody else fell short! Forget about last year and prepare for this year! Good luck to everybody in the upcoming season!

I totally agree!

AggiesAreWe
03-11-2005, 07:30 AM
Tell you what. You just worry about getting out of the 1st round of the playoffs...then we'll talk. Jasper's varsity went for 2 at the end of that game because it didn't matter if we won or lost. Would we rather have won? Sure. But not at the cost of more injuries. We knew where we were going, so we took a chance. I just love how Silsbee is now a powerhouse. Congrats on a great season. Best of luck in the future. Jasperdog 94

First of all, we were talking about the Silsbee-Jasper JV game, not the varsity game. Secondly, Jasper would have not, I repeat, not beat Palestine, trust me. Next, about going for 2 at the end of the game, Jasper went for 2 everytime it scored because they had no kicking game, heard that straight from the Jasper's coaches mouth. Risking an injury had nothing to do with it. If it did, then why risk Moye running the ball and getting hurt, just kick it, if you miss, well, it didn't matter anyway, like you said. Winning the game did matter, that's anytime when Silsbee and Jasper hook up, so don't kid yourself. Just be glad Silsbee has a bigger enrollment so Jasper can stay in Div. II.

spiveyrat
03-11-2005, 08:31 AM
Just be glad Silsbee has a bigger enrollment so Jasper can stay in Div. II.

Division I, Division II... It doesn't matter to us. We went to the semis twice as a Division I team.

You don't believe we could have beaten Palestine last year? Fair enough, I don't think Silsbee could have beaten Liberty Hill or Marlin. :tongue:

LH Panther Mom
03-11-2005, 08:32 AM
Originally posted by spiveyrat
Division I, Division II... It doesn't matter to us. We went to the semis twice as a Division I team.

You don't believe we could have beaten Palestine last year? Fair enough, I don't think Silsbee could have beaten Liberty Hill or Marlin. :tongue:

:clap: :kiss:

AggiesAreWe
03-11-2005, 08:37 AM
But, we beat Jasper though, and we'll beat again this year in Tiger Stadium. District 22-3A Champs again!!!!

SilsbeeD
03-11-2005, 10:42 AM
Well put Aggie:clap:

spiveyrat
03-11-2005, 10:53 AM
Only time will tell. :nerd:

Tiger90
03-11-2005, 01:49 PM
No reason to slam each other. Jasper and Silsbee have benefitted greatly in 3A. Jasper has always been a rival and will continue to be. It is Kirbyville who I want to see beaten. I have no bad feelings about the kids or the fans, but the antics of that coach turned me sour. At any rate our district has done well this year and hopefully will in the future.

JHS_c/o_06'
03-11-2005, 05:45 PM
But, we beat Jasper though, and we'll beat again this year in Tiger Stadium. District 22-3A Champs again!!!!

But we went to State, and we'll do it again, and win!!!! You can have your district trophy, i want a ring.

Never thought i'd say this, but two-a-days can't get here quick enough. Heres to a good rematch between us next year.

JHS_c/o_06'
03-11-2005, 07:16 PM
Theres no call for that, i never said ANYTHING negative towards silsbee. And you might also wanna think about getting your info correct before you start throwing insults out there.

JasperDog94
03-11-2005, 09:25 PM
Originally posted by SilsbeeD
You said before you are #84 correct. I've seen you before and your a "bench warmer" your about a buck 20 and the ball boy for the varsity.....pip squeak. I assure you that you will not be a factor for us next year. In all seriousness, please take a step back and chill for a minute. You're getting waaaaaaay too personal. We can argue and discuss who is the better team and who will win, but let's leave personal attacks out of it. The board can do without them.

Just my 2 cents.:)

JasperDog94
03-11-2005, 09:47 PM
First of all, we were talking about the Silsbee-Jasper JV game, not the varsity game. Secondly, Jasper would have not, I repeat, not beat Palestine, trust me. Next, about going for 2 at the end of the game, Jasper went for 2 everytime it scored because they had no kicking game, heard that straight from the Jasper's coaches mouth. Risking an injury had nothing to do with it. If it did, then why risk Moye running the ball and getting hurt, just kick it, if you miss, well, it didn't matter anyway, like you said. Winning the game did matter, that's anytime when Silsbee and Jasper hook up, so don't kid yourself. Just be glad Silsbee has a bigger enrollment so Jasper can stay in Div. II.

First of all, please learn how to use the "quote" feature.;)

Secondly, I'm curious how you heard this directly from the coaches mouth. I'm not trying to start something, I'm just curious. Because the word to me was that Jasper didn't want any part of OT. There was no need. Go for the win. If you get it, great. If not, oh well. OT would've just prolonged a meaningless game. (from Jasper's perspective) Yes, you guys were playing for the district title, but it didn't affect Jasper's future one way or another.

Thirdly, go back and read some old posts and you'll see numerous people saying that they thought Div. 2 was much tougher than Div. 1 this past year. Maybe it was. Maybe it wasn't. I can tell you one thing though. Jasper doesn't care which division you put us in. We're going to line up and play some hard nosed football no matter what.

Gobbla2001
03-11-2005, 09:53 PM
What's this, Palestine would beat Jasper?

They got dang lucky to come within 10 of Cuero (thanks to Gregory-Portland for knocking our RB in a scrimmage)...

That's a very bold prediction, there, about Palastine beating Jasper.... Palestine was a good team, very talented, I'll give them that... But I have heard that JAsper and Cuero would have made a good game, so I'd have to figure that so would Jasper and Palestine...

As in 'toughness', I believe that D2 was the 'toughest' Region this year... Not saying they had the better teams, but it was the 'toughest' to get out of...

But I do believe that the final state rankings from last year should be:

1.Gilmer
2.Wylie
3.Jasper
4.Cuero

Pball
03-12-2005, 04:02 PM
What's this, Palestine would beat Jasper?

They got dang lucky to come within 10 of Cuero (thanks to Gregory-Portland for knocking our RB in a scrimmage)...

That's a very bold prediction, there, about Palastine beating Jasper.... Palestine was a good team, very talented, I'll give them that... But I have heard that JAsper and Cuero would have made a good game, so I'd have to figure that so would Jasper and Palestine...

As in 'toughness', I believe that D2 was the 'toughest' Region this year... Not saying they had the better teams, but it was the 'toughest' to get out of...

But I do believe that the final state rankings from last year should be:

1.Gilmer
2.Wylie
3.Jasper
4.Cuero

Maybe you could furnish the stats of this game so eveyone could see how lucky Palestine was.

Gobbla2001
03-12-2005, 05:07 PM
I believe Palestine may have beaten Cuero in stats... Minus these:

Ints
Ints returned for Touchdowns
Final Score

Defense wins championships...

Team effort, not offensive effort, genius...

Tiger90
03-12-2005, 05:20 PM
Forget the past and the what ifs, Palestine and Silsbee already know their first round opponent for next season. So the question really is........where will it be?:thinking:

jet sweep
03-12-2005, 06:21 PM
Originally posted by JasperDog94
First of all, please learn how to use the "quote" feature.;)

Secondly, I'm curious how you heard this directly from the coaches mouth. I'm not trying to start something, I'm just curious. Because the word to me was that Jasper didn't want any part of OT. There was no need. Go for the win. If you get it, great. If not, oh well. OT would've just prolonged a meaningless game. (from Jasper's perspective) Yes, you guys were playing for the district title, but it didn't affect Jasper's future one way or another.

Thirdly, go back and read some old posts and you'll see numerous people saying that they thought Div. 2 was much tougher than Div. 1 this past year. Maybe it was. Maybe it wasn't. I can tell you one thing though. Jasper doesn't care which division you put us in. We're going to line up and play some hard nosed football no matter what.

Meaningless game??? I've heard it all now. A share of the district championship is meaningless?? A BIG rivalry game is meaningless?? What a bunch of sh**!!!! Ya'll got beat by a great football team.......and don't forget that silsbee fumbled a ball throught the endzone or it wouldn't have never come to OT. Jasper had a great year and I expect them to have another this year. Good luck in Tiger Stadium this year.

WOS1
03-12-2005, 06:34 PM
What's all this got to do with Jasper vs WO-S in week 0?

j_dog
03-12-2005, 07:24 PM
What's all this got to do with Jasper vs WO-S in week 0?
That is a good question! :clap:

But since the subject was raised, the Jasper/Slisbee game was "meaningless" only in the sense that the outcome at the end did not affect who either team would be playing. There was no way Jasper could score enough in an OT to overcome the point edge that Kirbyville had. So, it made sense to just go for the victory and get it over with, one way or the other. End of story.

AggiesAreWe
03-12-2005, 08:47 PM
The point of the 2 point conversion is being sadly missed here. Jasper went for 2 all night against Silsbee, not just at the end of the game to avoid OT. They went for 2 everytime because they did not have a kicker, or one that they could count on. That was said on the Jasper radio station during the broadcast of the game and it was in the paper the next morning, a quote from Danny Lauve. To say Jasper went for 2 to keep from going to OT is wrong. They went for 2 because that was there only option. Saying the game was meaningless is wrong too. A share of the district title means something, particularly when it comes down to Jasper and Silsbee. You can believe what you want, but every game is meaningful, I've coached long enough to know that.

j_dog
03-12-2005, 09:40 PM
The point of the 2 point conversion is being sadly missed here. Jasper went for 2 all night against Silsbee, not just at the end of the game to avoid OT. They went for 2 everytime because they did not have a kicker, or one that they could count on. That was said on the Jasper radio station during the broadcast of the game and it was in the paper the next morning, a quote from Danny Lauve. To say Jasper went for 2 to keep from going to OT is wrong. They went for 2 because that was there only option. Saying the game was meaningless is wrong too. A share of the district title means something, particularly when it comes down to Jasper and Silsbee. You can believe what you want, but every game is meaningful, I've coached long enough to know that.
Please read what I said. I said it was meaningless as far as determining who played who in bi-district. And that is a FACT. Yes, Jasper did have some problems in some games kicking extra points. At the same time, Jasper kicked all their extra points in some games; the Liberty Hill semi-final game for one. And that could have been a big factor at the end as Jasper won 35-27 as time expired with LH threatening to score. But yes, you are right. Jasper went for two because that was their best odds of winning. And it almost worked. :)

Haunta Yo
03-13-2005, 03:51 AM
UIL has made district championships meaningless. When 1 team made the playoffs, only the champs moved on.
In 1980, 2 teams advanced and the disrtict champ got to play the runner up from the other district. Pretty good reason to focus on winning it.
Now three teams advance and if the district champs are the big school, they get NOTHING. Weren't Silsbee and Palestine district champs? They had to play each other in the 1st round.

Rivalry games week 10 can have a big effect on what happens in week 11.

AggiesAreWe
03-13-2005, 10:23 AM
I agree with you, Haunta Yo. I have never liked the 3 team playoff system, too watered down. The 2 team system is good because many times the runner up in a district is a good enough team to win state. There are occasions where a district has 3 top teams, but very rare. I would like to know if any third place team has ever won a state title, I know that a runner up has. The 2 team playoff system would put more emphasis on a district title, as long as there is no Div. I or II envolved. Yes, Silsbee and Palestine were district champions and had to play each other 1st round. Jasper's 1st round foe was Liberty, a team Silsbee defeated earlier in the season 41-10, where's the justice in that. I say, go back to to 2 teams, and get rid of the divisions in classes 3A and down.

Ranger Mom
03-13-2005, 10:30 AM
I agree with you, Haunta Yo. I have never liked the 3 team playoff system, too watered down. The 2 team system is good because many times the runner up in a district is a good enough team to win state. There are occasions where a district has 3 top teams, but very rare. I would like to know if any third place team has ever won a state title, I know that a runner up has. The 2 team playoff system would put more emphasis on a district title, as long as there is no Div. I or II envolved. Yes, Silsbee and Palestine were district champions and had to play each other 1st round. Jasper's 1st round foe was Liberty, a team Silsbee defeated earlier in the season 41-10, where's the justice in that. I say, go back to to 2 teams, and get rid of the divisions in classes 3A and down.

Wasn't Bandera the 3rd place team in 2002?

They went on to beat the undefeated Greenwood Rangers in a double overtime game for the DII State Championship.

Correct me if I am wrong!!

LH Panther Mom
03-13-2005, 10:32 AM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
Wasn't Bandera the 3rd place team in 2002?

They went on to beat the undefeated Greenwood Rangers in a double overtime game for the DII State Championship.

Correct me if I am wrong!!

No corrections needed - they were 3rd behind Burnet & Liberty Hill.

Tiger90
03-13-2005, 11:51 AM
Jasper was basically the 3rd place team last year. In the old system they would have been home. They made the championship game. So to call 3 teams advancing watering down is debateable. Alot of 4th place teams in the greater Houston/Dallas areas could easily be district champs in the west and northern regions of the state. That's not saying there are not good teams in those areas, but overall there are fewer.

Haunta Yo
03-13-2005, 01:04 PM
UIL ain't going back to 2 teams. They get a % of every playoff game so they're not going to make a decision that would decrease revenue...
The result is what happened in the NFL this year.

Example: Silsbee locks up a playoff spot after week 8 and they're gonna play Palestine whether they win the next 2 or lose 'em. Even though you don't want to limp into the playoffs, I'd start focusing on Palestine. 3 weeks of prep time vs. 1 week is a huge advantage. Especially if the other team is focused on winning district.

Get kids healthy, work a bunch of back- ups and focus on the 1st round playoff game. If you lose to Palestine who cares what happened in the last 2 regular season games...

State champs at 13-2 sounds better than a 10-1 district champ to me. To win the war you may have to sacrifice a battle. Remember the Alamo.

jet sweep
03-13-2005, 02:00 PM
Originally posted by Haunta Yo
UIL ain't going back to 2 teams. They get a % of every playoff game so they're not going to make a decision that would decrease revenue...
The result is what happened in the NFL this year.

Example: Silsbee locks up a playoff spot after week 8 and they're gonna play Palestine whether they win the next 2 or lose 'em. Even though you don't want to limp into the playoffs, I'd start focusing on Palestine. 3 weeks of prep time vs. 1 week is a huge advantage. Especially if the other team is focused on winning district.

Get kids healthy, work a bunch of back- ups and focus on the 1st round playoff game. If you lose to Palestine who cares what happened in the last 2 regular season games...

State champs at 13-2 sounds better than a 10-1 district champ to me. To win the war you may have to sacrifice a battle. Remember the Alamo.

No haunta.........a coach has a responsibility to thoroughly prepare for each opponent each week. You don't ever start looking ahead in sports.

Old Cardinal
03-13-2005, 04:08 PM
I saw all three Jasper, Kirbyville and Silsbee play last season and for me Silsbee and Kirbyville were stronger teams than Jasper. Had Kirbyville had a Defensive Coordinator that was capable of making adjustments they would have easily beaten Marlin. Silsbee was just plain a better team. I did not see Palestine but from what I hear they were much better than any of those mentioned. For next season I look for both Silsbee and Kirbyville to be the best teams in that District because they return so many quality football players. As for WO-S they got a rude awakening in 3A. They thought they would just cruise right on through 3A and everyone would just lay down and play dead in District and Division I-- history has proven that was not the case. I look for them to have a good team as long as they are in 3A but should not assume they are the Division I winner before the year begins, as they did last year.

Gobbla2001
03-13-2005, 04:20 PM
Palestine was one of those 'hard-hitting' teams... Hit really hard... Their D had 4.7's all around... But I didn't see many faster than that, they just made sure you went down when they hit you...

A lot of 'Ewwwws and Ahhhhhhs' that night in aw of their defense... But if you run a 4.4 (which I'm sure Jasper has plenty of those), you'll score some...

Offensively, not too many weapons... QB could pass and run, RB could run, receivers were just tall, not exceptionally talented... The QB would throw the ball well, but at times was a little uncomfortable in the pocket (which is why he had good rushing yardage during the season), but our defense was a little fast and didn't let him go off too much...

From what I've heard of Jasper, Jasper and Palestine would make a great game, but I do not believe that Palestine was 'that good' (not saying they're not a great team, just saying they were no Gilmer or whoever else, sure as heck weren't no Abilene Wylie) to automatically determine them the tougher of the two...

j_dog
03-13-2005, 04:49 PM
Originally posted by Old Cardinal
.... Silsbee was just plain a better team. .....
OC, you once again crack me up. With Jasper's best running back still on the sidelines from the injury suffered in the game with Kirbyville, Silsbee still only beat Jasper by one point. Yet, you say "Silsbee was just plain a better team." :confused: Obviously, Silsbee was better, by ONE POINT. :)

Gobbla2001
03-13-2005, 05:41 PM
It is obvious, j_dog... Bridge City is closer to both Silsbee and Kirbyville than Jasper... And I've always noticed that the closer the team is to Bridge City, the 'better' that team has to be than the ones further away...

OR is it just me?

j_dog
03-13-2005, 06:50 PM
It is obvious, j_dog... Bridge City is closer to both Silsbee and Kirbyville than Jasper... And I've always noticed that the closer the team is to Bridge City, the 'better' that team has to be than the ones further away...

OR is it just me?
No comment. :D

Haunta Yo
03-13-2005, 08:48 PM
No haunta.........a coach has a responsibility to thoroughly prepare for each opponent each week. You don't ever start looking ahead in sports.

I don't think you should be nearsighted either. Coaches have to have a big picture vision and be able look ahead in order to prepare. The reality is that some games are more important than others. "One game at a time" is good coachspeak, but ask Silsbee if they'd trade their district championship trophy for a bi-district win. They gained confidence by going undefeated, but preparing some week 9 and week 10 may have helped them beat Palestine. (I don't know how they approached it. Just making a point from the example).

I guess we disagree, because I think losing a game week 1 and winning week 11 because of it is OK. If you just want to win every regular season game, just schedule bad teams in pre-district. An undefeated season is not as important as winning 6 playoff games (5 in big school)...
Just depends on what your goal is. If winning state is not realistic, then maybe winning each week should be the main goal.

SilsbeeD
03-13-2005, 09:14 PM
Originally posted by Haunta Yo
I don't think you should be nearsighted either. Coaches have to have a big picture vision and be able look ahead in order to prepare. The reality is that some games are more important than others. "One game at a time" is good coachspeak, but ask Silsbee if they'd trade their district championship trophy for a bi-district win. They gained confidence by going undefeated, but preparing some week 9 and week 10 may have helped them beat Palestine. (I don't know how they approached it. Just making a point from the example).

I guess we disagree, because I think losing a game week 1 and winning week 11 because of it is OK. If you just want to win every regular season game, just schedule bad teams in pre-district. An undefeated season is not as important as winning 6 playoff games (5 in big school)...
Just depends on what your goal is. If winning state is not realistic, then maybe winning each week should be the main goal.

It is important when your school hasn't been the outright district champs for some 30 years

Haunta Yo
03-14-2005, 12:56 AM
Fair enough, but I didn't say it wasn't important. I asked if winning district was MORE important than advancing another round?

If the answer's yes, then you got what you were trying to accomplish and you can build off it next year.

If the answer's no, then what should be done differently next year?

Now that they have won an outright district title, how do you think that will change their approach if the same situation is presented next season? More important to repeat or to advance past the first round? No reason both can't happen, but which is the priority?

I'm not speaking specifically about Silsbe because all "Big" schools face this question. I am curious about this example now that you have pointed out how important winning district was. Maybe this should be a different post entirely... Sorry. :thinking:

Hupernikomen
03-14-2005, 01:28 AM
Silsbee was just plain a better team.

You enjoy baiting people don't you?

All I know is that Jasper tore BC's tails up...seems to me that Kirbyville had a little bit different outcome with you guys...

Gonna make a prediction just for you...Jasper will make it farther in the playoffs again this year in baseball than BC. We are young and improving and come playoff time our playoff experience over the last few will propel us into the deeper rounds, whereas, BC inexperience in the playoffs will cost them in the early rounds. I am assuming that BC can make it to the playoffs with teams like WOS and Orangefield improving every week.

Hupernikomen
03-14-2005, 01:31 AM

The odd thing about the Silsbee game is that we didn't try any extra point PATs..the week before against Shepherd the kicker made 6 out of 7..who knows what the coach was thinking and what the circumstances were that lead to them going for two each time.

j_dog
03-14-2005, 09:44 AM
Hup, AggiesAreWe said Jasper went for two all night. Wasn't the final score 27-28? Or am I forgetting? If so, how did we get an odd number score without a kicked extra point? :confused:

j_dog
03-14-2005, 09:46 AM
Originally posted by Hupernikomen
You enjoy baiting people don't you?
You noticed that also? :)

jet sweep
03-14-2005, 09:52 AM
Hup, AggiesAreWe said Jasper went for two all night. Wasn't the final score 27-28? Or am I forgetting? If so, how did we get an odd number score without a kicked extra point? :confused:

29-28 final

j_dog
03-14-2005, 11:06 AM
Originally posted by jet sweep
29-28 final
Thanks. I forgot. :(

Bulldog_12
03-14-2005, 11:14 AM
Geez! I leave for three days and this thread has three new pages to it. This game isnt for another half year, and the Silsbee-Jasper game isnt for a longer time than that.

JasperDog94
03-14-2005, 11:15 AM
See what happens when you're gone?:D

Bulldog_12
03-14-2005, 01:14 PM
Yeah, I guess I cant leave anymore.

j_dog
03-14-2005, 01:17 PM
Yeah, I guess I cant leave anymore.
The postings here only show how bored (and addicted to DL) that we are! :D

JasperDog94
03-14-2005, 01:58 PM
The postings here only show how bored (and addicted to DL) that we are! :D I'm not addicted. I just choose not to leave....ever.

I've also got friends that are on here all the time and they're not addicted.

:eyetwitch :eyetwitch

spiveyrat
03-14-2005, 03:37 PM
I can quit any time I want! :evilgrin:

AggiesAreWe
03-14-2005, 06:46 PM
Scoring in the Silsbee-Jasper game went as follows:

Silsbee scored first to go up 7-0 in 1st qt.
Jasper scored at the end of 1st qt and then went for 2 but missed
score now 7-6 Silsbee
Jasper scored twice in second qt., led 14-7 after successful 2 point and then 22-7 after another successful 2 pointer. Halftime
Silsbee scored late 3rd qt. to bring score to 22-15 after their on successful 2 pointer.
Silsbee score in late 4th qt. and kicked extra point to tie game 22-22. Game went to OT

Silsbee scored first, kicked extra point, led 29-22
Jasper scored, went for 2, missed, game over.
Silsbee 29 jasper 28

WOS1
03-14-2005, 08:21 PM
I saw all three Jasper, Kirbyville and Silsbee play last season and for me Silsbee and Kirbyville were stronger teams than Jasper. Had Kirbyville had a Defensive Coordinator that was capable of making adjustments they would have easily beaten Marlin. Silsbee was just plain a better team. I did not see Palestine but from what I hear they were much better than any of those mentioned. For next season I look for both Silsbee and Kirbyville to be the best teams in that District because they return so many quality football players. As for WO-S they got a rude awakening in 3A. They thought they would just cruise right on through 3A and everyone would just lay down and play dead in District and Division I-- history has proven that was not the case. I look for them to have a good team as long as they are in 3A but should not assume they are the Division I winner before the year begins, as they did last year.

OC, you old FOOL!! Nobody from WO-S expected anything last year other than being a decent team. In fact, if I remember correctly (and yes... I do), it was YOU who was handing us the trophy before the year began. The fact that you would even make this post is ludicrous, and further proof that you are nothing more than a blow hard old fart...

j_dog
03-14-2005, 08:45 PM
OC stirs things up, ............... and then he disappears for awhile to let things cool down! :D

WOS1
03-14-2005, 08:48 PM
Yeah... I've noticed... I'm done with him this time, though.

JHS_c/o_06'
03-14-2005, 08:52 PM
I saw all three Jasper, Kirbyville and Silsbee play last season and for me Silsbee and Kirbyville were stronger teams than Jasper. Had Kirbyville had a Defensive Coordinator that was capable of making adjustments they would have easily beaten Marlin.

If kirbyville was so much stronger then Jasper, the problem with their defensive coordinator wouldnt have mattered, they would have had a strong enough offense to outscore marlin.

j_dog
03-14-2005, 11:06 PM
If kirbyville was so much stronger then Jasper, the problem with their defensive coordinator wouldnt have mattered, they would have had a strong enough offense to outscore marlin.
Marlin decisively beat a presumably healthy Kirbyville, and Jasper decisively beat a presumably healthy Marlin. That is enough for me to form an opinion about the true strength of Jasper's team compared to Kirbyville! :D

Gobbla2001
03-14-2005, 11:09 PM
I think everyone's just ticked that Jasper has gotten out of Region 3 the last 3 years... get over it...

j_dog
03-14-2005, 11:12 PM
Yeah... I've noticed... I'm done with him this time, though.
I wonder if we could have one of those "Ignore this user" buttons like they have on some sites? :D

LH Panther Mom
03-15-2005, 07:05 AM
I wonder if we could have one of those "Ignore this user" buttons like they have on some sites? :D

Yes, we do have one of those buttons. ;)

WOS1
03-15-2005, 09:31 AM

The thing that gets me is that, last year when we dropped down, he was the main guy on here touting us and saying we were going to do this and we were going to do that. All the while we're saying we don't know what to expect and were trying to get him to stop putting the bullseye on our back. Now, he acts like WE were the ones thinking we had something in the bag... very irritating.

jet sweep
03-15-2005, 10:09 AM

score now 7-6 Silsbee
Jasper scored twice in second qt., led 14-7 after successful 2 point and then 22-7 after another successful 2 pointer. Halftime
Silsbee scored late 3rd qt. to bring score to 22-15 after their on successful 2 pointer.
Silsbee score in late 4th qt. and kicked extra point to tie game 22-22. Game went to OT

Silsbee 29 jasper 28

jet sweep
03-15-2005, 10:10 AM

score now 7-6 Silsbee

Silsbee 29 jasper 28

Slightly wrong with this.....the score was 22-15 at half.....the only touchdown in the second half was when silsbee's qb broke a 50 yrd run.

JHS_c/o_06'
03-15-2005, 02:21 PM
Marlin decisively beat a presumably healthy Kirbyville, and Jasper decisively beat a presumably healthy Marlin. That is enough for me to form an opinion about the true strength of Jasper's team compared to Kirbyville! :D

Yeah...thats the thing about rival teams....they are gonna say...oh well....it doesnt matter you whooped every team that beat us (minus silsbee...1pt game though) we still beat yall. That puts alot of pressure on us to win the game next year. BUT i have a feeling that even if we do.....there are still gonna be people who say....well....we beat the crap out of you last year...the very same people who said and i quote 'last year was last year' when we brought up the 55-14 win.

DANG!...this board is really hitting the football talk early this season!

j_dog
03-15-2005, 02:58 PM
...there are still gonna be people who say....well....we beat the crap out of you last year....
It just does not matter. Most of the state of Texas know who made it to the state finals. :)

spiveyrat
03-15-2005, 03:38 PM
The thing that gets me is that, last year when we dropped down, he was the main guy on here touting us and saying we were going to do this and we were going to do that.

I'll take some blame for that one. I was touting you guys too.

That said, I still think ya'll will do well this year and go deeper than last year.

WOS1
03-15-2005, 03:43 PM
I hope you're right about the playoffs... as for the touting, it was appreciated. OC is acting like it was all WO-S folks here acting like we had it won, which couldn't be further from the truth.

j_dog
03-15-2005, 04:41 PM
I hope you're right about the playoffs... as for the touting, it was appreciated. OC is acting like it was all WO-S folks here acting like we had it won, which couldn't be further from the truth.
WOS1, I totally agree with you. I do not remember WO-S fans making any wild claims. Just consider the source... :rolleyes:

JasperDog94
03-16-2005, 01:04 PM
I saw all three Jasper, Kirbyville and Silsbee play last season and for me Silsbee and Kirbyville were stronger teams than Jasper. I hate to keep bringing this up....but remember that Kirbyville knew Jasper's plays due to the audio being on one of the game tapes. It's a lot easier to look really good against a team when you know the plays that they're going to run before the ball is snapped. The Jasper Silsbee game was just a great game by both teams. I wasn't there, but if a game goes to OT, aren't both teams pretty darn close?

j_dog
03-16-2005, 03:56 PM
94, there you go again, trying to confuse him with the facts! :D

kepdawg
03-16-2005, 04:26 PM
So, how is Jasper's kicking game coming along? Also, I've heard rumors that Jasper has a very capable QB moving up from the JV that may mean Moye will be able to slide over to the RB position. Any truth to that? Is Bronson going to be a starter in the backfield as a FB/TB? I know Moye has an arm, but during warmups throughout the playoffs, one of the Jasper QB's was throwing beautiful 50 yard bombs. Was it Moye or was it Patton? Whoever it was, what does the receiving corps look like next season. How many starters are returning on the o-line? Does Jasper use a tight end? Now the the other side of the ball... Both DE's return with one of them only being a sophomore next season. What about the DT's? Jasper needs to get some more consistent pressure on the QB. I know Bean is gone from the LB's, so who is returning. What was the actual position Weatherspoon played? Outside backer? How's the secondary going to look? Losing quite a bit there, aren't they? Back to special teams. How's the kicking game coming along? Is there a prospective kicker and punter in place for next season? Is the deep snapper solid? How will the coverage teams look? What help should be stepping up from the JV or Freshman team? Have there been any changes in the coaching staff? What about any significant changes in any schemes or formations? Just a few things I have been wondering about! Hopefully some of the posters can help out with some answers. Hopefully my schedule allows me to get to Jasper in Week 0. If not, see you in the playoffs!

j_dog
03-16-2005, 04:45 PM
... I know Moye has an arm, but during warmups throughout the playoffs, one of the Jasper QB's was throwing beautiful 50 yard bombs. Was it Moye or was it Patton? .....
It was probably Moye, although a 50 yarder is somewhat short of Moye's range. He doesn't have an arm, he has a cannon. I saw him complete a pass against Shepherd that seemed to be more like 60 yards in the air. And he didn't appear to have strained to do that. If he develops the knack for checking off the receivers and finding the open guy, I don't see anyone knocking him out of the QB spot. Then again, he can always run it if no one is open. :) As for DB's, Jasper had to start a Soph in the state final presumably due to injuries. As for as I know he did a good job. I think the talent pool is far from running out.

kepdawg
03-16-2005, 05:04 PM
Well, whichever one of them it was, (I actually think it was Patton and was being done more for the benefit of the receivers and to try to show the long ball to the opposition without having to do it in the game) it would be nice to see them try to extend the field more during the game. I don't think the talent pool is running out anytime soon. I moved to town in '84 and it hasn't run out yet. Hopefully they can get the kicking game squared away and shore up the defense and by the time the playoffs roll around, they should be ready to make another deep run.

WOS1
03-16-2005, 05:59 PM
You should've been able to tell who it was by how tall they were, Moye was quite a bit taller than Patton, and thicker.

j_dog
03-16-2005, 06:00 PM
Not to mention that Moye is # 1 ! ;)

WOS1
03-16-2005, 06:04 PM
On the field and in your hearts... right??;)

JHS_c/o_06'
03-16-2005, 06:28 PM
Hopefully they can get the kicking game squared away

...give me some time..im working on that....:D

j_dog
03-16-2005, 08:27 PM
On the field and in your hearts... right??;)
Absolutely. Now if we can just figure out how to keep him around for 10 or so more years! :D

WOS1
03-16-2005, 08:40 PM
I feel the same way about K. Beasley...:)

kepdawg
03-17-2005, 12:40 AM
Not to mention that Moye is # 1 ! ;)

I don't recall seeing them warm-up in jerseys.

Regarding the size difference, I guess I better start paying attention to details. I would have thought they were pretty close. I've only seen them on the field and neither one stood out to me as being significantly larger or smaller than the other.

JasperDog94
03-17-2005, 10:03 AM
Let me assure you it was Moye. Patton doesn't have that kind of an arm. He's more of a pure runner that was forced into playing QB. Patton is much more comfortable playing the role of running back.