PDA

View Full Version : Jasper loses to Silsbee 35-23

j_dog
03-01-2005, 10:09 PM
Jasper loses to Silsbee 35-23 according to a post on another site. No details yet available. I am amazed at the "low" score.

TheDOCTORdre
03-01-2005, 10:10 PM
Originally posted by j_dog
Jasper loses to Silsbee 35-23 according to a post on another site. No details yet available. I am amazed at the "low" score.
that is low scoring, that would be low scoring for a girls game, that must have been my kinda game to watch I love defense

kepdawg
03-02-2005, 12:33 AM
Good luck to Silsbee!

Congrats to Jasper on a fine season!

spiveyrat
03-02-2005, 06:32 AM
Sounds like a football score. :confused:

j_dog
03-02-2005, 09:48 AM
Originally posted by spiveyrat
Sounds like a football score. :confused:
I have been looking for a write-up, but can find no details. I wonder if there was a deliberate stall by one team, or if both just stunk up the place with their shooting. I expect that both teams just brought tremendous defense to the game.

j_dog
03-02-2005, 12:12 PM
Here is a link to the Beaumont Enterprise story:

http://www.southeasttexaslive.com/site/news.cfm?newsid=14064572&BRD=2287&PAG=461&dept_id=512556&rfi=6

AggiesAreWe
03-02-2005, 03:46 PM
Jasper stalled most of the game, felt like that was their only way of beating Silsbee. Silsbee's defense and Jaspers poor ball handling was a big key. Silsbee's 6'-8" center Bryan Harris blocked 8 shots and probably altered twice as much. Jasper just couldn't do anything inside and could not shoot the ball very well from the outside, bad combination. Silsbee's Desmond Doss took the game over late 4th quarter and Jasper couldn't answer. Both teams shot free throws terrible. All in all, the better team won. After all, you beat someone 4 times in same season, you should be the better team. I saw in a TV interview before the game that a Jasper player said they had never beaten Silsbee since they were in the 7th grade. Sounded like they were a little defeated already.

Bulldog_12
03-02-2005, 03:52 PM
But, Jasper came in trying to slow Silsbee down and I think they did a great job with their defense. They didn't allow Silsbee to get inside that much in the beginning. They just wore Jasper down in the second half though. I don't think the "better" team won, I think the team with more endurance won. Both teams were pretty even in the first half. It's hard to beat a team 3 times in a year and Silsbee did it, congrats.