PDA

View Full Version : Extremely overpaid School Superintendents and other school Bureaucrats!

Old Cardinal
03-01-2005, 08:44 PM
It's about time that the taxpayers trim the high-paid fat cats in the Texas school systems. The classroom Teachers are getting low wages for a tough job while top-in Bureaucrats in top heavy structures live in opulence! There is no reason that School Administrators are getting ever-increasing pay spreads over the good classrooms teachers. I support the No Child Left Behind Federal intervention; maybe they can identify the problems for all to see and eliminate the "fluff" that sits in many high places especially in HSs across our state. Do you agree we need to champion the dedicated capable proven classroom Teachers and send a ton of overpaid School Bureaucrats to the unemployment lines or get them retrained to not be just parasites on the taxpayers and useless to the serious students' progression. ANY COMMENTS!

Bandera YaYa
03-01-2005, 08:53 PM
I'm right there with you! Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr :mad:

bullfrog_alumni_02
03-01-2005, 08:58 PM
i agree w/ you, i think the teachers definately need to be getting paid more, LW's teachers are the lowest paid in Tarrant county if i remember correctly. this may have changed, but the last i had known this was the case, i know alot of the teachers i had in high school put up w/ alot of crap from both the admin and some students, sadly enough, the were the best teachers at the school and are now gone. a few remain, but most have left for better positions and more money.

Tiger90
03-01-2005, 10:34 PM
While I agree supt pay is crazy especially in Beaumont, the No Child left behind is a joke. The federal laws do not jive with state laws. The new mandates are not even properly federally funded. Tough for teachers to follow the rules when the rules are not consistent nor are the programs properly funded.

Old Cardinal
03-02-2005, 01:43 PM
I agree the Beaumont School District situation is absolutely stupid: marginal teacher pay and a very overpaid Superintendent who seems to not have a clue! We need a statewide cap on Bureaucrat pay levels at all schools. Federal laws should supercede the state laws that are the last stronghold in Texas for fringey liberals to squander state taxpayer money on self-serving liberal causes. I personally like the attempts to get long-standing poor school academics Districts off dead center, especially those being static for years. Sure there are the parasites that continue to sponsor poor opportunities for youth in some Districts. They are crybabying to high-heaven because their little high-salaried positions vs actual results are being brought to light across the USA. The old saying, "Doing the same thing year in and year out and expecting different results is a product of insanity" is appropriate for many school situations.
I look for the Texas school system to have big improvements and to continue progressing as our more concerned new legislatures revamp the States' educational system. All the while those that caused the deep declines will cry and fight for the status quo and the protection of the little liberal niche that make them a lot of money without producing adaquate results for the children through the past years.
We have a strong Federal and State concerned legislative group of people now in office and I think the do-nothings with high salaries will be called to accountability.

raider red 2000
03-02-2005, 02:00 PM
teachers need better pay. yes. what needs to happen is that we need someone to run the government that understands more about money than the jokers we have in there.

i am not trying to slam bush or anything like that. i think that most government lawmakers have zero idea about what is right for you and i and have no idea how to budget money. if the money isnt there we cant spend it.

i wish i had the answer.

Z motion 10 out on 2
03-02-2005, 02:11 PM
I understand money. I also sit on my City Council. Dealing with tax dolars is a delicate topic. All the salaries should be in line. What ever that line is -- is debatable. Wichita Falls City manager just resigned and the stink now is his severence package. Tax dollars are different than public sector dollars.

Check this link out. He will get paid through the end of the year, a car allowance, country club membership dues, etc.

http://www.timesrecordnews.com/trn/local_news/article/0,1891,TRN_5784_3587241,00.html

raider red 2000
03-02-2005, 02:16 PM
the link dosnt work.....it says we need to register.

when i was in grad school in corpus the soop there got into trouble for inappropriate use of funds. i heard he went to the nudie bar on the school's credit card.

they had to pay him off....big waste of money. we as a society are too wasteful.

Bullaholic
03-02-2005, 02:27 PM
There is absolutely no question that our teachers are underpaid. Also, please remember that America is still the land of opportunity. If you have the drive, dedication, and the intelligence to become an "overpaid" administrator or professional person such as a doctor or lawyer, you deserve to be compensated accordingly. There is no shame in earning a lot of money if you work hard and do it honestly. Again---let me restate--I am not denying the plight of our teachers, so please don't ignite your "flamethrowers", but I think it important that we do not lose sight of the fact that hard work and dedication to task still "work" in this country---success in any endeavor is a "good" thing.

Z motion 10 out on 2
03-02-2005, 02:31 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
There is absolutely no question that our teachers are underpaid. Also, please remember that America is still the land of opportunity. If you have the drive, dedication, and the intelligence to become an "overpaid" administrator or professional person such as a doctor or lawyer, you deserve to be compensated accordingly. There is no shame in earning a lot of money if you work hard and do it honestly. Again---let me restate--I am not denying the plight of our teachers, so please don't ignite your "flamethrowers", but I think it important that we do not lose sight of the fact that hard work and dedication to task still "work" in this country---success in any endeavor is a "good" thing.

I agree with you in part. We as tax payers should inflate the salaries of our administrators as relatively compared to that of our teachers. The super should make more then the principals, who should make more than the highest paid teacher. Just don't get it lopsided with tax payer money or seperation agreements and severence pay.

pirate44
03-02-2005, 02:35 PM
teachers arent underpaid. everyone else is OVERpaid.... 'cept for me of course.

Cameronbystander
03-02-2005, 02:45 PM
I am curious as to what ya'll think teachers should be paid. I hear volumes about teachers being underpaid but I don't think anybody addresses what they should get. I know that I am in the minority but why should they get paid more. In other parts of the real world, people are paid based on market forces, the availability of people to fill the jobs, and the number of jobs available. All of the teachers I know trained for the job and took their job knowing the requirements and the pay. I am personlly tired of hearing teachers whin about their pay. If they don't like it, go to work for Wal-Mart or a local industry. They get two months minimum off every year and supposedly are doing a job they love.

I am all for teachers getting paid a COMPETITIVE salary but I would reallly like it if it were tied to performance. Then make the sky the limit but only if they are really doing the outstanding job that needs to be done. Paying every teacher more just becaause they are a teacher doesn't solve the problems we have with too many unqualified teachers. If any teachers are readiing this just remember this is my opinion and I don't have time to correct a few misspellings that I see. I have a vendor waiting for me.