PDA

View Full Version : Why don't we??

Keith7
03-01-2005, 04:01 PM
Have a main page instead of just a message board.. i realize alot of you just like the message board, but wouldnt it be nice to have more information?? I could probobly think of 10-15 posters on here who wouldnt mind writing a short article about a game after each friday.. or would this be too expensive like Ponyman says??

BullFrog Dad
03-01-2005, 04:05 PM
Originally posted by Keith7
Have a main page instead of just a message board.. i realize alot of you just like the message board, but wouldnt it be nice to have more information?? I could probobly think of 10-15 posters on here who wouldnt mind writing a short article about a game after each friday.. or would this be too expensive like Ponyman says?? It used to be like that.

Keith7
03-01-2005, 04:08 PM
Originally posted by BullFrog Dad
It used to be like that.

I know i wish it wouldnt have changed either.. There is no other website that provides good quality 3A news, why couldnt we do that??

SintonFan
03-01-2005, 04:13 PM
Keith, many do still post reviews of games and more. I used to do that quite a bit but sometimes do it in PM form. I read the Sinton posts, of which there are many, but do you click on those?

Keith7
03-01-2005, 04:16 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan
Keith, many do still post reviews of games and more. I used to do that quite a bit but sometimes do it in PM form. I read the Sinton posts, of which there are many, but do you click on those?

why isnt anybody up for that idea??? would it cost too much?? are people just too lazy?? or does nobody just not care??

LH Panther Mom
03-01-2005, 04:18 PM
Originally posted by Keith7
why isnt anybody up for that idea??? would it cost too much?? are people just too lazy?? or does nobody just not care??

I think there are several folks who would be up for the idea & willing to help out. Maybe this should go on the suggestions and/or sent to Matt.

Bullaholic
03-01-2005, 04:20 PM
Very nice sig, SintonFan. I think P44 gets the credit for making it, doesn't he? I agree, Keith....it would make the board much more attractive with some type of nice header banner. Surely, there is a member or person available to admin who would be willing to make one gratis.

Horseymen
03-01-2005, 04:48 PM
I'd be happy to contribute any cub reports from my site that apply to 3A games.

Horseymen
03-01-2005, 04:50 PM
In fact - some of you might be interested in the program - we are starting a program on TPX this year where anyone who writes up a game report about the game they go to (even in homer form) gets a raffle ticket - and at the end of the year, we are going to raffle off 4 prizes - a 500 dollar gift certificate and 3 100 dollar gift certificates.

jason
03-01-2005, 05:26 PM
Originally posted by Horseymen
In fact - some of you might be interested in the program - we are starting a program on TPX this year where anyone who writes up a game report about the game they go to (even in homer form) gets a raffle ticket - and at the end of the year, we are going to raffle off 4 prizes - a 500 dollar gift certificate and 3 100 dollar gift certificates. the games dont have to be 3A do they?

Gobbla2001
03-01-2005, 05:52 PM
Might not cost too much, but would maybe cost more...

The domain name of 3adownlow.com and this message board were a gift to us going into our second season...

So, as far as I know, no one is having to pay for web-hosting...

So, to get good web-hosting costs money... maybe not a whole lot, nothing donations couldn't handle, but money...

That's just 'as far as I know' info...

Horseymen
03-01-2005, 06:51 PM
Games for the TPX Cub Reporter program can be any classification, any night.. from Ft. Worth Carter Riverside vs. Diamond Hill Jarvis to Southlake Carroll vs. Denton Ryan...

Holmes_Fans
03-01-2005, 07:00 PM
Me and the admin played around with a homepage a few weeks ago. We gave up on it until later in the year though.

Rainman
03-01-2005, 07:07 PM
This site was very informative and well organized when it was under it's old format and I believe that would be a novel idea to explore. From the campus here at Rice it is hard to get news of the two 3A schools I played for in high school and would like to see this place become my number one source once again.

sinton66
03-01-2005, 08:08 PM
Its under consideration to do a new homepage. Hosting isn't the problem. Neither is money. Our server can handle that. None of the current Moderators are knowledgeable enough to design web pages. We had several people on the board design some and submit them. The one Kyle designed is the one we liked the best. But, it was just a design. It has to be made into a fully functional webpage with clickable links that will take you to the different pages.

THEN, we have to have to decide which of the leadership will control the homepage, who will contribute to it and how, and, many more things. All five of us work for a living also, so we don't have an infinite amount of time to devote to it.

So, bottom line, you're all going to have to be patient. The decision has already been made, all we need now is the implementation. But, that's the hardest part.

As we get closer to it, some people in the different regions may be contacted to see if they might like to contribute to the effort.

pirate44
03-02-2005, 03:06 PM
ive got a small amount of Frontpage experience and have created basic websites. (previous website experience (http://www.maveng.com/govind.htm) ) (i have also created and maintained our company intranet)
i made a sinton football site a few years ago too. im not claiming to know everything about webpages, but id be glad to donate whatever time i can to help out on it any way i can.

WOS1
03-02-2005, 03:33 PM
I've maintained a website and written articles for another. If I can be of assistance, just let me know.

Bandera YaYa
03-02-2005, 03:37 PM
Gee guys, thanks for offering your expertise.....I unfortunately cannot offer any.....but I can donate!!! :)

Bullaholic
03-02-2005, 03:40 PM
As I suspected, there is a wealth of talent on the Downlow. I hope each of you will PM 66' or RM with the details of your offers, in order that admin may respond. Being in the computer business, I will also offer any assistance for hardware or software procurement. As Yul Brenner said in "The Ten Commandments"---"So let it be written--so let it be done."

pirate44
03-02-2005, 03:48 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
As I suspected, there is a wealth of talent on the Downlow. I hope each of you will PM 66' or RM with the details of your offers, in order that admin may respond. Being in the computer business, I will also offer any assistance for hardware or software procurement. As Yul Brenner said in "The Ten Commandments"---"So let it be written--so let it be done."
i say we flood the mods with offers of our help. they can sort out the tasks to be done. we can keep the 3ADL as the best site on the web

LH Panther Mom
03-04-2005, 08:13 AM
I can't offer expertise - I have none - but can help cover any additional costs if any are incurred.

AP Panther Fan
03-04-2005, 09:43 AM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
I can't offer expertise - I have none - but can help cover any additional costs if any are incurred.

Same here .... however, I kinda like our board just the way it is. I spent some time on the TPX after all of the discussion the other day and I wasn't all that impressed.:rolleyes: :D

SintonFan
03-04-2005, 01:40 PM
I don't have the knowledge those guys have but would be willing to help with costs. I can do simple design if needed, too.